Question about the originality of my Pendulum Zero

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello,

I would like to ask for you guys expertise in this matter. You see I've just manage to snag myself a pendulum zero (with a hefty price of course). And when i compare it with my V5.5 pendulum, I notice some difference between them. Here are the list of thing which I noticed when compared to my V5.5:

1 - The attack animation is noticeably slower. My V5.5 finished battle earlier than my zero
2 - Toilet flushing moves slower.
3 - It's unable to connect with Digivice 15th Anni. Version.

I've already take a look on the backside of the board for those 2 pendulum. And it is actually identical to each other. I've try the C button speed mod on both of the device, but only V5.5 is steroid-able. As such I would like your opinion whether my pendulum zero is the real deal or I just got myself an overpriced bootleg.

I really need you guys help on this one. Thank you very much for your time and have a very nice day.

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey there! Welcome to the board. If you're going to be around for a bit, post an Introduction :).

In my experience I've never seen any Pendulum bootlegs, aside from Chinese Glow in the Dark Version 3.0's, and obvious bootlegs with weird casing colors and backgrounds. Don't be too surprised it does not connect with the Anniversary Digivice, the Zero does not connect to the Digimon Analyzer either. So it's not unreasonable to assume that when then were designing the Anniversary Digivice that they used some existing battle and connect protocols.

As for speed of animations, I've seen a lot of that over the years. These toys are almost 18 years old now, so anything from aging circuit boards, low batteries (or new batteries even), to just different production runs can slighty augment the speed of animation and operation. What you'll want to do is keep an eye on the system clock. If the clock is keeping good time then you're still in good shape.

My final piece of advice is not to speed-hack. Nothing good every comes of it (personal bias). As to why the Zero is not susceptible, thats a very good question. There are a number of other Zero owners here who may be willing to try it out. BladeSabre perhaps?

It's also possible that since the Zero was the last of the Pendulum series to be produced, some minor tweaks were made to circumvent it. The Zero also allows for dual-ultimate Jogressing (WarGreymon/MetalGarurumon), and features no Virus Digimon; and while I know these changes are just programming and should not require any additional hardware changes, its a good a guess as any.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you for your reply Da_Duke2000, you really help me there. As your post imply it seems that the problem is from the battery as when I change 5.5 battery to Zero, all the discrepancies vanished and it work like the 5.5 did. Though i was unable to connect the Zero with the digivice yet as it still Nyaromon currently. I'll wait till it become Agumon and repost the result.

For the speed mod, I only intent to leave the 5.5 on that state for jogress purposes, for getting Omegamon.

Anyway, thanks again Da_Duke2000 for your help, really. This place has become like a troubleshooting/reference website for me in regard of Digimon V-Pet raising, thank you again and i'll try contribute as much as I can to the community here.

Last edited:

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You're very welcome. And yeah, Baby I and Baby II Digimon like YukimiBotamon and Nyaromon cannot battle, so no worries there :). Best of luck raising your Omegamon! I remember my first time doing it, was pretty darn satisfying.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's confirmed that Zero can connect with the 15th Ann. Digivice.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tested and confirmed by me of course. I tested it with my Agumon yesterday, before posting the confirmation. And did a retest with my Garurumon, just before posting this message and it connected. Though the Digivice must be the one to confirm the battle.

I must say the Digivice makes a perfect punching bag so to speak, as it never win against my Pendulum, be it 5.5 or the Zero. But the again the 2 pendulum only battles a total of 15 time with the Digivice and so far I only let them battle Palmon....

Last edited:

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol, I'm sorry about my previous message. I missed the username, and thought you were another user with random advice.

I'm glad that you've got it sorted out :).

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey man, no harm done. I'm very glad that I got help from fine people here.