Question about the Digimon Card Game. I don't get it.

Alexesx3

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey everyone,

I have a question about the Digimon Card Game. I don't get the rules about the 3 types from the japanese cards (red A, green B, yellow C).
The german/english rules say that you have to look at your opponents digimon type. For example I have a yellow C digimon and the enemy is a red A digimon.
Than you fight with your red attack against the other digimon, which attacks with yellow C. That means you always look at the type and that's it.

In Germany we got only 2 booster series and this rule makes sense.

But today I looked at the japanese ones and the yellow C attack is always the lowest... this can't be real or is there something I'm missing? All red A digimon
don't have a chance against yellow C digimon anymore.

I hope you can help me :)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nearly all of the Japanese cards say that using the C attack makes the enemy’s A attack becomes 0 (before card effects).

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, in general, the A attack's strongest but gets blocked completely by C attacks, which are otherwise the weakest. This creates a bit of a rock-paper-scissors dynamic where the B attack's often weaker than the A attack, but it's not effected by the C attack's block (incidentally, the early card game correlated ABC to Vaccine-Data-Virus, but would soon diverge from that). Of course, this is not set in stone, and with the usage of Option Cards or certain Digimon effects, there are several methods for altering the attack power and which attack will be used on the opponent.