Question about English X V-Pets

DesolateMND

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has there been any notice about the version 3 lines coming out in English? Sorry if this has already been asked, I tried surfing around a bit before just coming out and asking about it.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Currently, it's just Version 1, which hasn't even been released yet - that'll be towards the middle of July.

DesolateMND

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ahh okay, thanks. I briefly saw the first ones on Ebay, I hadn't realized they were just pre-orders still.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fingers crossed they do come out with the future waves, but yeah, it's just Ver. 1 for now.

Mind if I throw out an X V-Pet question of my own? Do the X Ver. 1, Ver. 2, and Ver. 3 have any gameplay differences between them (aside from Ver. 1 having only 31 areas in Quest Mode)? It's my understanding that the *only* differences between the three versions are the roster of Digimon. Is that correct?

AquaKai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sooo.... The X v-pets are out in English and nobody talks about it?
Has anyone bought it yet?
Did someone confirm they're really the same as japanese v.1?

Aeolus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sooo.... The X v-pets are out in English and nobody talks about it?
Has anyone bought it yet?
Did someone confirm they're really the same as japanese v.1?
Humulos has a pretty good breakdown of the (extremely minor) differences on his YouTube channel, none of which seem to affect gameplay.

I am surprised about the lack of conversation on the forums, but when I look at the Discord channels there seems to be a decent amount of discussion.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mind if I throw out an X V-Pet question of my own? Do the X Ver. 1, Ver. 2, and Ver. 3 have any gameplay differences between them (aside from Ver. 1 having only 31 areas in Quest Mode)? It's my understanding that the *only* differences between the three versions are the roster of Digimon. Is that correct?
I'd forgotten that I asked this question here. I ended up researching the answer myself, so I might as well post it here in case it might help anyone lurking the forums. Aside from the roster of Digimon (30 on Ver. 1, 44 on Ver. 2, and 50 on Ver. 3), the only notable gameplay differences between the three versions are...

- Ver. 1 has 31 Areas in Quest Mode; Ver. 2 and Ver. 3 have 46 Areas.
- Ver. 1 doesn't have the EXP Coat item.

So, with that in mind, I may just bide my time and wait for Bandai to (hopefully) release an English version of the X Ver. 3 and just buy that.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd forgotten that I asked this question here. I ended up researching the answer myself, so I might as well post it here in case it might help anyone lurking the forums. Aside from the roster of Digimon (30 on Ver. 1, 44 on Ver. 2, and 50 on Ver. 3), the only notable gameplay differences between the three versions are...

- Ver. 1 has 31 Areas in Quest Mode; Ver. 2 and Ver. 3 have 46 Areas.
- Ver. 1 doesn't have the EXP Coat item.

So, with that in mind, I may just bide my time and wait for Bandai to (hopefully) release an English version of the X Ver. 3 and just buy that.
When you say Ver2&3, do you mean X1 wave 2&3, or the actual X2&3 with different Digimon in each version (X2 red and purple, X3 blue and yellow respectively)? Because all I saw was that they released the X1 only, but instead gave it 4 colors with 2 colors being new English only colors. Are you saying they cut content from the Japanese black and white releases? Or that the X1 even in Japanese just has less areas than the X2&3?

I’m very confused with all the versions being thrown around in each post.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very sorry to have caused any confusion! I totally understand, though. I should have been more conscious about which terms I was using. In regards to my posts above, I was using the terms to refer to the following...

"X Ver. 1" - The original Black/White model, which was just released in English (alongside two new colors).
"X Ver. 2" - The Red/Purple X2 model, which has not yet been released in English.
"X Ver. 3" - The Yellow/Blue X3 model, which has not yet been released in English.

You're correct, they've only released the original X model in English so far. Nothing has been cut from the Japanese release for the English release. The purpose of my original post was to compare the features on the Japanese X (Black/White), Japanese X2 (Red/Purple), and Japanese X3 (Yellow/Blue) to see if they were any different. The X1 has less areas than the X2 and X3.