Progress Traited Egg

Noctem

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, I just reached Ophanimon on my Progress 2.0. I want to get some other lines now but I would like a traited egg. Does anyone know the requirements I would need to meet before letting it die? I've heard the Progress Megas can live for like ever and I would have to actually make it die. Thank you! :)

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ya, they really do live forever, most of my digi's went way past 99 years.
Here's a quote from wikimon on how to get a tainted egg

"If your Digimon dies after a full life and was taken very well care of, it may leave behind an egg. This is what is called a "Traited Egg" and once hatched it will give you an extra 10% of evolving to Perfect. The results are cumulative also, so numerous generations of Traited Eggs will add 10% for each generation. Master Status will not be inherited though"

The two main factors for tainted eggs are reaching perfect or ultimate ( preferably ultimate ) and how many care mistakes your digimon accumulates. As you can see above it's vague on which is more important.

ideally you'll have a way better chance of getting a tainted if your digimon dies naturally with minimum care mistakes. However, there have been times when I played the Pendulum Progress and Pendulum X where my Ultimate level Digimon to my surprised left a tainted egg after dying, even though it died because of an accumulation of care mistakes.

So since you did reach the ultimate level , you should have a good to decent chance of getting a tainted egg even if you let it die by care mistakes.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think any Digimon can live forever on the progress. I had a Holy Angemon and I kept him alive for 28 happy and healthy days before I just let him pass. I think he would have stayed alive forever if I had just kept keeping him healthy.

That being said, I don’t understand. How does a Digimon die by natural causes on a Progress? The only way I could see them passing away without care mistakes is if they lose too many battles and get injured enough times. Otherwise isn’t the only other way for a Digimon to die a result of neglect? :/

Edit: you said traited eggs give a +10% chance of evolving to perfect, but what about ultimate? Does it help with ultimate or just perfect? And also, is evolution to perfect and ultimate mostly random? I’ve only managed to get Holy Angemon one time and the other times I tried to get him he stopped evolving at Angemon. :/

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know about the Progress, but on the original and 20th V-Pets, you get an egg when a Perfect+ of sufficient age dies of care mistakes (but not when it dies of battle injuries).