Profile & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 66 Art, Ghost Game Poster, Paladin Mode Model Kit Images, Chinese Cards & Exhibition Updates, & More!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for another batch of stuff!

profileart_episode66_september18_2021.png

After Digimon Adventure: episode 66 aired, Digimon Web put up profile artwork of Abaddomon, who makes his first appearance in the episode. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 66 The Last Miracle, the Last Power!
The threatening Digimon that stood before Taichi & his friends will be added to the reference book on the 21st!

What will happen to Taichi & the Digimon & the world⁉️
Next time, the final episode, Digimon Adventure: episode 67 The End of the Adventure!

And new art from Kenji Watanabe!

kenjiwatanabe_episode66_september18_2021.jpg

The art shows off Abaddomon from the new episode, with some nice menacing artwork. The attached message:
Abbadamon, the evil figure of this work. I tried to make it look like the [one from the] Xros Wars manga, also a bit of Fullmetal Alchemist... Oi! (^^; I like FMA) The enemy thing of this work was designed with the eyes and mouth in mind. What will happen next week?!

He also mentioned right after:
Did Devimon help you after all... right?

In response to questions, he also noted that the design they wanted to have an irregular and creepy shape, so it ended up like Shademon and Eyesmon, with eyes and mouth in the darkness. It also felt like it fit with the idea of being like the symbol of darkness on the internet, and in the end he didn't feel like he had to come up with a twist for it.

And then, since we are a couple weeks away from Ghost Game...

ghostgameposter_september18_2021.jpg

The account for the museum mentioned that a poster for Digimon Ghost Game has been added to the Digimon Adventure: exhibition.

And for model kit fans...

paladinmode_kit1_september18_2021.jpg
paladinmode_kit2_september18_2021.jpg
paladinmode_kit3_september18_2021.jpg
paladinmode_kit4_september18_2021.jpg
paladinmode_kit5_september18_2021.jpg

More images of the upcoming Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode Amplified kit that we just found out about!

The main element being shown off is the new colors, the details and movement of the wings, and the design of the Omega Blade.

Then some updates for Digimon stuff in China!
chinesecards01_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards02_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards03_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards04_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards05_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards06_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards07_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards08_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards09_september18_2021.jpg
chinesecards10_september18_2021.jpg

First up, new cards from Bandai. The name appears to be "Digimon Unlimited Evolution Legendary Edition". They look like they are from a card game, but they appear to be collector's cards.

The artwork is all (or mostly) existing art, although with a few new effects on the artwork.

The back features a QR code that takes you to a site with more info about the Digimon on the card. It mentions the site being in Japan, so it appears it might just be the reference book.

The Omegamon card shown off, DMPR-02, will be given to all who go to the upcoming Digimon Exhibition in China. The first 1000 people to go will also get a free pack of cards.

And some more from the Exhibition...
chineseexhibition1_september18_2021.jpg
chineseexhibition2_september18_2021.jpg
chineseexhibition3_september18_2021.jpg

More products that will be sold at the exhibition.

Included in this batch of announced products is: the Vital Bracelet and Dim Cards, the Adventure: Digivice:, both waves of the Pendulum Z, the 20th Anniversary Digimon V-pet, the new cards, and various model kits.

Previous exhibition updates can be found here and here.

An interesting batch this week with some new Digimon art and various updates on other things.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 13,422

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious about that creature that seems to be behind the protagonists in the ghost game promo image.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, Abadamon? I guess I recall Izzy saying that Negamon Evolved but I assumed it would be like Algomon where the name remained the same.

Since I've been binging "GeGeGe no Kitaro" these past few days, I can't help but think of Emperor Backbeard when I see that design. :ROFLMAO:

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Will Kuzurumon be added soon?
I guess he'll come together with Abaddomon, funnily enough on the 21th; A tuesday. Those are rare, but not unheard of, especially not for anime-entries.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's sure a final boss. Reminds you of an RPG final boss almost. This at least is one of the best things they've done for this series. At least because it really had the right look to it.

Jscarlos18

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, abaddomon red lines look better in the official profile. They remind me of tron lines as if the sphere is metallic.

In the preview of the episode they looked to me like cracks on an egg's/cocoon's shell and made me doubt it was a true digimon on the preview.

The inspiration of FMA is a cool detail and maybe shademon or eyesmon could work as negamon's adult.

dasprekuu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He's just Pride from FMA:B lmao like can they do that? Legally? 🤔🤔🤔

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, FMA doesn't own the concept of shadowy eyeball monsters, so yeah, sure they can.

That being said, it is really funny that Kenji Watanabe made his homunculus OC into a digimon lmao

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I think if he couldn't it wouldn't have been made, but if it will cause trouble maybe the courts will come soon. But nah it's basing monsters on simialr things like Shakkaoumon and SMT's Arakahabi.

Also I'm not sure Kuzurumon will even get into the DRB the anime didn't even really make it seem like it was its own thing, though there's the side effect of it already being a thing in the vpet regardless

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they keep the Figure-rise Standard Amplified Imperialdramon Paladin Mode a transformer like the original.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official art definitely looks better than how it was animated.

I recall comparisons of Shademon to Pride way back in the day, and that's basically Eyesmon ver. 1.0. Abaddomon certainly looks connected to those 2 (they're really liking "eyes in weird places" villains for this season). That said, there are enough design differences that I would strongly doubt any sort of legal issues. It's like how so many series have their own take on "main protagonist fire lizard" and "deuteragonist blue-furred wolf". Incidentally, searching for the quote "the shadows have eyes" brings up a ton of hits on Google, so they're likely mutually influenced by that concept. Probably ancient thoughts about demons that turned out to actually be reflective eyes of some regular animal (various nocturnal canines and felines are known for this, but so are spiders).

But nah it's basing monsters on simialr things like Shakkaoumon and SMT's Arakahabi.
Don't forget Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Orichalcos Shunoros, several characters from the Kamen Rider series, and even Claydol. It's almost surprising how many series have their version of dogū (and particularly shakōkidogū).

Broduliscool

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious about that creature that seems to be behind the protagonists in the ghost game promo image.
Looks like either Clockmon or Imperialdramon

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's probably an entirely new Digimon called 'Villainmon', as a Dim-card name related to the anime was 'leaked' through pre-order data months ago, together with the starters.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's probably an entirely new Digimon called 'Villainmon', as a Dim-card name related to the anime was 'leaked' through pre-order data months ago, together with the starters.
This s oddly specific, but I still hold out hope he wears a top hat ala Snidely Whiplash and silent movie villains.