Profile & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 28 Art, X-Mas Art, Japanese Card Errata, US Card Sleeves, V-Pet/Digivice History Ad, & DIM Card Packaging

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for the weekly weekend stack of stuff!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 28 aired, Digimon Web put up a single image with profile art of the various 'cameoing' Digimon from the new episode. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 28, The Children's Fight for Survival!
Ah, the appearance of Agumon... & SkullKnightmon is... that tumultuous development is worrisome!
& many Digimon appeared!😆
Next time, episode 29, Escape the Burning Jungle, has a lot of Digimon that are worrisome!🐰
Look forward to it!👋

And then we have new art from Kenji Watanabe!

This time we get a great image of Taichi and Hikari in a monochrome style with the 'energy' WarGreymon behind them. His attached message:
Once again the children have become seperated. Signs of further evolution for Agumon... What is that explosion of power in the brother & sister!? I think about what will happen to Hikari~

And a bit more art...

A Digimon Adventure: Christmas image!

It appears this image might have been released a bit early by Famitsu, as they reference checking Digimon Web for more info, but none is there yet.

The art is part of a Christmas campaign that Digimon Web will be running on Twitter December 25th through 27th. If you follow Digimon Web on Twitterand RT campaign tweets you'll be entered to win prizes including:
A full set of Digimon Adventure: Ichiban Kuji prizes
A 'toy card', a gift card for kids that uses a Christmas illustration (likely the one above, although it's unclear if there may be other designs.)

More to come on that soon...

Then a few card updates, for both versions of the card game...

First up, the English version...

The just released in Japan wave of card sleeves are coming out in countries getting the English version of the card game this month, so it's likely worth looking around for them.

The sleeves are the same as the Japanese versions:
Omegamon with MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon behind him.
Agumon lineart, based on the artwork of Agumon holding cards we saw just as the card game was coming out.
A collection of well known Baby 2 level Digimon.
Sleeves designed to look like the back of the cards themselves.

Each sleeve pack will come with 60 of one type of sleeve.

And then for Japan...

The 2nd scene vote card has an errata and they've updated with details and a rules clarification regarding it.
The card had Ken Ichijouji's last name written as "一条寺" when it should have been written as "一乗寺".

Both spellings appear to be read out as "Ichijouji" correctly and the rules have added a clarification to ignore the misspelling and treat it as if it's spelled correctly.

There are no plans to reprint the card with a correction at the moment.

Then a few Vital Bracelet things...

Some nice clean versions of the retail packages for the first wave of Dim Cards.

Both of these went up for pre-order a bit early, with many stores stopping pre-orders for now (it isn't clear if they sold out, or if pre-orders were closed until the 18th.)

Set EX includes Agumon and Gabumon from Digimon Adventure:.
Volume 1 includes Volcanic Beat and Blizzard Fang Dim Cards.

Dim Cards expand your Vital Bracelet with new Digimon to raise, new stages/areas, and new graphics for the device.

And last up...

Bandai put up an ad for the Vital Bracelet on Twitter. Normally this wouldn't be worth posting about, but the content is likely of interest enough.

It goes through the history of Digimon V-Pet and LCD Digivice games/toys (not including updates, re-releases, sequels in a series, etc.) including a few that people will be happy to see included in the lineup.

It also brings up the upcoming DigiNavi, which will be covering the Vital Bracelet quite a bit. It confirms that like most DigiNavi streams, there will be no geolocation lockout, and English subtitles will be included

DigiNavi is December 18th at 8pm (Japan time).

A wide range of stuff. The art is always nice, plus we got a bit more this time. Confirmation that Bandai continues to try and release most, if not all, card game stuff in the west is great for fans, and even the ad for the Vital Bracelet is pretty fun.

Attachments

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really excited to see Digimon Card Game sleeves I can buy from retailers! I'm most excited for the cute baby sleeves for my Digitama side decks but the sleeves coming in packs of 60 when decks can only run up to 5 Digitama.... it's weird to have so much extra but at least I now know what I'll sleeve cards not meant for decks in. Or alternatively, since I'll have 50 sleeves left after sleeving 2 deck's Digitama cards, I can just sleeve a whole deck with baby art. I'll see when I get there. I'm also interested in the sleeves that look like the cards' backs! I'm also happy that the errata is on a card nobody is going to play 😅 it really is the worst card in the game by a huge margin.

I'm still super excited for the VB and the stylish DIM packaging and the promotional video showing the history of v-pets just adds to that! I also love that Watanabe art, I think monochrome was a great call and I like how expressive the kids are

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see official sleeves being sold in the west, though I've been having a hard time in general picking up physical cards for the TCG since my local store didn't stock for the pre-sale and a good secondary market hasn't really formed online yet, so I'm hoping stuff like that works itself out once the game gets it's proper release in January.

Loved that they went through the history of the virtual devices for the VB commercial, felt super nostalgic and even had me looking at the devices on my shelf. The DIM card packaging also looks super clean, honestly it'd probably make me feel bad opening them since it doesn't seem like there'd be a easy way to open them without completely wrecking the packaging, and I'm someone who likes keeping that stuff around since it looks nice. Still crossing my fingers on an English release for the VB, would love to be able to pick one up at a local store or buying one off Amazon or something like I did for my Ver.20th. I don't necessarily mind importing, but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to, so hopefully we get clarity soon enough in that regard.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If only we still got the episode art from Digimon Twitter, we'd get various arts in two styles. Kenji's and the casual Twitter's.

Jazzyphia

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can you pre-order those sleeves yet? I seen Gamenerdz has official sleeves but i believe those are different from the ones shown here. The ones they have according to them, have 4 separate images on them as well. However, they show wargreymon, MetalGarurumon, Angemon, and Angewomon on them.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of those cameos are great. I guess those two are easy Xros Digimon to use huh. But also nice art. And that VB thing is a fun idea.

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see official sleeves being sold in the west, though I've been having a hard time in general picking up physical cards for the TCG since my local store didn't stock for the pre-sale and a good secondary market hasn't really formed online yet, so I'm hoping stuff like that works itself out once the game gets it's proper release in January.

Loved that they went through the history of the virtual devices for the VB commercial, felt super nostalgic and even had me looking at the devices on my shelf. The DIM card packaging also looks super clean, honestly it'd probably make me feel bad opening them since it doesn't seem like there'd be a easy way to open them without completely wrecking the packaging, and I'm someone who likes keeping that stuff around since it looks nice. Still crossing my fingers on an English release for the VB, would love to be able to pick one up at a local store or buying one off Amazon or something like I did for my Ver.20th. I don't necessarily mind importing, but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to, so hopefully we get clarity soon enough in that regard.
If you see the DiM image closely, you will found that it is a blister method like we got on the vpet and X. As long as they don't lie to us with the image lol.