Profile & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 22 Art, more High Res Profile Art, More Kizuna Posters from China, Christmas CD Re-Releases, & More

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for another batch of stuff for the weekend!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 22 aired, Digimon Web put up the profile art of WereGarurumon: Sagittarius Mode, the new form of WereGarurumon that appears in the episode. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 22, The Unbeatable Blue Sagittarius!
WereGarurumon has been upgraded to save Yamato & co!
It's name is WereGarurumon: Sagittarius Mode!
He's gained a shooting ability along with high speed movement & flying!
Look forward to the Digimon Encyclopedia tomorrow!
Next in Episode 23, the decisive battle will finally begin!

And then new art from Kenji Watanabe...

This time we get a fantastic image that has some interesting and bold coloring to it. It's WereGarurumon: Sagittarius Mode using his boosters to fly foward on the attack.. The attached message:
WereGarurumon has gained the (long sought after?) ability to fly. He's become a diverse monster with both super-speed and lasers (^o^)

And a bit of extra Kenji Watanabe art...

During the Digimon Talk at Megahobby Expo 2020 Online, he drew a shikishi (tying it into the Omegamon vs. Diablomon figure) that they're giving away.

Then we get a stack of reference book updates, most of which come with larger profile art!

It's Baluchimon, Mimicmon, Manticoremon, MetalGreymon: Alteros Mode, DarkMaildramon , and Imperialdramon (Black).

Digimon Web had a bit of Halloween fun on Twitter...

They swapped out their normal avatar for their one with Pumpmon.

And we get a few more Kizuna posters from China!

Like last time we 'think' these are official promotional images made by a local artist for the release of the film, which is now out in China.

Thanks to a weibo user for one of them and Sakura Mizuki for the heads up on all 3.

Then a Japanese contest...

To celebrate the Digimon Adventure: Ichiban Kuji store lottery starting soon (November 7th), Ichiban Kuji is running a contest where you can win some of the items if you are in Japan.

1- Follow the Ichiban Kuji Twitter.
2- RT this tweet or tweet with the hashtag #一番くじデジモン

And you get entered to win the various lottery items.

And last up, via the Digimon Music Producer...

The 3 Digimon Christmas albums will be put back into print for the holiday season this year!

CDJapan already has the 02 and Tamers showing as available, so hopefully the Frontier one joins soon!: (Affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure 02: Christmas Fantasy
Digimon Tamers: Christmas Illusion
Digimon Frontier: Christmas Smile

They had previously 'hinted' that they might be available again by tweeting about how good they were for Christmas listening.

Fun batch of stuff this week with a bit more art than usual!

Attachments

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those China movie posters are absolutely gorgeous.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WereGarurumon Sagittarius Mode? I see no centaur or bow/archer! Not even star related? I thought having WereGarurumon X's metal fins grant air resistance to speed up his movements but I didn't expect it actually got more moves: Speed, flight, and wing lasers even uses it as energy swords. Sad it's superior to MachGaogamon in every way. So unfair. But oddly it felt like it's more of borrowing MetalGarurumon and Bond of Friendship's "technology". I wonder if WereGarurumon X's metal fins can do the same thing, too? I prefer borrowing WereGarurumon X's metal gloves to strengthen WereGarurumon's savageness.

I think WereGarurumon needs a new attack like MetalGreymon's Giga Storm.

Hope Lilimon and other Perfects gets upgrades, too.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WereGarurumon Sagittarius Mode? I see no centaur or bow/archer! Not even star related? I thought having WereGarurumon X's metal fins grant air resistance to speed up his movements but I didn't expect it actually got more moves: Speed, flight, and wing lasers even uses it as energy swords. Sad it's superior to MachGaogamon in every way. So unfair. But oddly it felt like it's more of borrowing MetalGarurumon and Bond of Friendship's "technology". I wonder if WereGarurumon X's metal fins can do the same thing, too? I prefer borrowing WereGarurumon X's metal gloves to strengthen WereGarurumon's savageness.

I think WereGarurumon needs a new attack like MetalGreymon's Giga Storm.

Hope Lilimon and other Perfects gets upgrades, too.
It has arrows. It stole them from AxeKnightmon. They're coming out of his shoulder pad things

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
according to wikimon the kanji they used for Sagittarius in the episode title translates to "machine wings". (references on Were Garurumon: Sagittarius Mode entry page)

Last night i wasnt feeling very good so i didnt stay up in order to watch the episode but did see the new form pic on twitter before i went to sleep. Was happy when i saw it cause it didnt look like the Fin Plates (is that what they are called?) on Were Garurumon X Antibody. But then was disappointed this morning when i watch the episode and saw it looked exactly like them when they first appeared. But I did like them being wings and him using them as blades. But then was disappointed again when he fused them into that boomerang shape and then when they extended out on those mechanical tentacles (cant think of another thing to call them) to shoot out lasers.

I am a little interested in seeing if the other chosen children's partner digimon perfect levels will get new modes and what they will look like. Especially since with the 2 so far have been from X Antibody forms and Zudomon, MegaKabuterimon, and HolyAngemon dont have X Antibody forms at the moment. And hopefully they also get new forms and they dont just keep the exclusiveness to Agumon and Gabumon like they did with the OG anime.

*Side Note* anyone else annoyed at all those random DarkKnightmon attacks? Like seriously? Oh that little helmet on my shoulder; yeah lets turn that around and open it up and have energy beams shoot out of it. You have got to be kidding me

Last edited:

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since these forms seem to give equipment that is meant to be a bridge towards the Megas a bit more. (MetalGreymon's railgun connecting it to WarGreymon, BlitzGreymon and VictoryGreymon better) and WereGarurumon to ZeedGarurumon, MetalGarurumon and CressGarurumon, I wouldn't be surprised if Lilimon gets the BanchouLilimon's Yo-Yo's or something similar to bridge towards Rosemon (The whip).

Leaves me a bit in the dark for the others though. For Zudomon perhaps another weapon, MegaKabuterimon a pair of pincers? (Or claws from GrandisKuwagamon). HolyAngemon has Priest Mode to draw inspiration from, I suppose.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also the possibility of them getting upgrades unrelated to existing 'mons and the new modes working as "previews" to their X-Antibody forms.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's an interesting idea. It would be nice to see the others get something like this. Of course you have to try to figure out what. Also as always, nice art.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also the possibility of them getting upgrades unrelated to existing 'mons and the new modes working as "previews" to their X-Antibody forms.
I hope this come true. Waiting for Ikkakumon to Vikemon X, Birdramon X, and Kabuterimon X to AlturKabuterimon X left me realized there is no hope. Of course not even... Angemon X to Seraphimon X.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the new design, but I think it's definitely one of those things that translates better in animation; I was initially disappointed when he first evolved in the episode, but that various ways in which he used the new wings/weapons was really cool.

New Kizuna art is really great, a lot better than the fairly static posters that we otherwise got.

Also loooove that Imperialdramon Black got a reference book update (presumably because of the card game), I'd love to see if they acknowledge Fighter Mode Black in the same way.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, did it not have a Reference Book page before now? That's weird, I thought it did but Fighter Mode didn't.

Speaking of which: Please put Black Imperialdramon Fighter Mode in the Reference Book. And give it some actual art that isn't an ugly piece of CG you slapped on a card once. Please.

Since these forms seem to give equipment that is meant to be a bridge towards the Megas a bit more. (MetalGreymon's railgun connecting it to WarGreymon, BlitzGreymon and VictoryGreymon better) and WereGarurumon to ZeedGarurumon, MetalGarurumon and CressGarurumon, I wouldn't be surprised if Lilimon gets the BanchouLilimon's Yo-Yo's or something similar to bridge towards Rosemon (The whip).

Leaves me a bit in the dark for the others though. For Zudomon perhaps another weapon, MegaKabuterimon a pair of pincers? (Or claws from GrandisKuwagamon). HolyAngemon has Priest Mode to draw inspiration from, I suppose.
Or, alternatively, they get jack shit, because if they didn't give them an evolution sequence for any of their forms why would they give them super unique special upgrade forms too?

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those Chinese artworks are so precious. I certainly wouldn't mind having one up on my wall. :love: