Profile & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 21 Art, more High Res Profile Art, plus Kizuna Posters from China

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, borrowing for X-Antibody, huh? While it's kind of cool, I'm a little disappointed. Not that they're borrowing, but becasue even if it's not just Agumon and Gabumon getting upgrades, HolyAngemon, Zudomon and AtlurKabuterimon have nothing X Antibodies to borrow from, so they'll probably be left in the dust and be the only Adventure: Perfects without a cool Mode Change. They'll probably just give HolyAngemon something from from Priest Mode, but Zudomon and AtlurKabuterimon, idk. And Im still salty the Angemon line got jiped in the last round of X-Antibodies. That would just add insult to injury.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, borrowing for X-Antibody, huh? While it's kind of cool, I'm a little disappointed. Not that they're borrowing, but becasue even if it's not just Agumon and Gabumon getting upgrades, HolyAngemon, Zudomon and AtlurKabuterimon have nothing X Antibodies to borrow from, so they'll probably be left in the dust and be the only Adventure: Perfects without a cool Mode Change. They'll probably just give HolyAngemon something from from Priest Mode, but Zudomon and AtlurKabuterimon, idk. And Im still salty the Angemon line got jiped in the last round of X-Antibodies. That would just add insult to injury.
The only new “attack” Lilimon X has is throwing a tantrum and kicking, too.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only new “attack” Lilimon X has is throwing a tantrum and kicking, too.
Kenji Watanabe said MetalGreymon: Alteros Mode's new weapon is similar to MetalGreymon X's and in the episode preview WereGarurumon's black blades is similar to WereGarurumon X's don't mean anything. It won't close the possibility of other digimon with no X form counterparts to get this kind of mode change.

Zudomon and AtlurKabuterimon, despite not having X Antibody forms yet, can also get the mode change. It could be a 'teaser' to what their X forms would be or it could just be different.
Lilimon could have a flower pistol or flower sword.
Zudomon could use his shell as shield.
AtlurKabuterimon could use his horn as trisula or something like that.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There’s nothing precluding a new form of Zudomon pulling from something other than an X-Antibody form or just from something entirely new. So it’s a little silly to assume Zudomon or others won’t happen based on there not being an X form when, just a week ago, we never would’ve expected Alteros Mode. It’s way too early for assumptions lol.

That said, I love Alteros Mode. It’s a cool update to MetalGreymon for the anime, but it also works as a reuse of an obscure part of the franchise. I highly doubt there were as many fans of MetalGreymon (Virus) X as there were viewers of Episode 21. That might be a little unfair, and I don’t mean to insult Virus X, but I’m just saying this is a nice way to make sure that cool rail gun sword actually gets seen by people. In a way, it raises the profile of Virus X itself. Another aspect is that, being further mechanized, there’s an even nicer bridge to BlitzGreymon if the anime ever goes that route, and being a rail gun, it ties into Alter-S as well. Then again, the sword aspect kinda leans into the Grey Sword, so there’s that as well.

This post is a little longer than I thought it was gonna be lol.

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a little surprised they gave Metal Greymon a new arm. Through if it was up to me I would have given him a new pair of wings, the fins that come out of his body don't look air worthy.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I highly doubt there were as many fans of MetalGreymon (Virus) X as there were viewers of Episode 21. That might be a little unfair, and I don’t mean to insult Virus X
Yeah... Poor MetalGreymon virus. I was informed of this form who was supposed to be the first MetalGreymon before anime Adventure 01. Vaccine MetalGreymon caused some people believed BlackAgumon's whole Virus evo line came afterwards then MetalGreymon X Virus ended up being cool 25x times with that Railgun arm mode yet Adventure 2020 designed up MetalGreymon new mode and stole his railgun and made it very simple look. Damn savage burn.

At least MetalGreymon Virus have BlitzGreymon and BlackWarGreymon.

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It occurs to me that maybe they use the virus version because it's more simple (or easier to be simplified without looking too much like his left hand) than the vaccine one. That being said, I don't think we'll get a lore on the Alteros Mode, although I won't complain if we get one.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It occurs to me that maybe they use the virus version because it's more simple (or easier to be simplified without looking too much like his left hand) than the vaccine one. That being said, I don't think we'll get a lore on the Alteros Mode, although I won't complain if we get one.
If by lore you mean the official profile, the Alteros Mode just got its official profile. If by lore you mean the backstory of it, the episode Alteros Mode made debut is its in-universe lore.

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If by lore you mean the official profile, the Alteros Mode just got its official profile. If by lore you mean the backstory of it, the episode Alteros Mode made debut is its in-universe lore.
By lore, I meant "the miasma acts like the X-Program and by overcoming it MetalGreymon got his X-Antibody arm" or something like that that I saw a lot of people speculate.

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is probably it and is why I'm confident proper X-Antibody forms won't appear at all in the anime.
Even the Alteros Cannon is lacking all the details in the original art, most notably the distinct neon-lighting associated with X forms. If they're taking those out, that's borderline pretending these aren't X-Antibody related. (And as some have mentioned, Watanabe's post also implies they aren't and merely taking inspiration)

Then again I was confident there'd be no transformation at all in that episode, no less anything X-Antibody related.