Profile & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 21 Art, more High Res Profile Art, plus Kizuna Posters from China

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some stuff for the weekend!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 21 aired, Digimon Web put up the profile art of MetalGreymon: Alteros Mode, the new form of MetalGreymon that appears in the episode. The attached message:
Thank you for watching episode 21, The Tide-turning Update!
MetalGreymon gets upgraded❗🛠
The right arm became mechanized and replaced with "Alteros".
It's name is MetalGreymon: Alteros Mode.
It will be in the Digimon Encyclopedia tomorrow, so please look forward to it!😊✨

And then new art from Kenji Watanabe...

This time we get a really neat looking image that's been done digitally in a sort of soft painted style. It's of MetalGreymon using his new beam launcher on his Alteros arm. The attached message:
MetalGreymon's right arm... even though its affected by the miasma, he uses its power to transform it!
The design of the arm is that of MetalGreymon X (Virus), made for the anime.
I thought it would be nice for the attack to be like a railgun... he can also use it like a sword.

Then we get some larger profile art for a few more Digimom...

The batch from the past week include Digimon revealed for the Pendulum Z2, along with one from a few recent Adventure: episodes including: Ketomon, Hopmon, Junkmon, Machmon, Rebellimon, HeavyLeomon, and Valvemon.

And we finish with some Kizuna posters from China.

We were sent these by a fan from China. The first one is the same teaser poster we've seen quite a bit, just with their local logo for the film, while the second uses art from a few different sources (I think the SD Gabumon and Gomamon were from some producst that came out in the leadup to the film.)

The last four were seemingly done by a local artist to help promote the release of the film there, which is days away (with preview screenings having begun.) These all feature the characters as they appeared in the original Adventure anime while playing various games.

Lots of art this time!

Thanks to onkei for translation help.

Attachments

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalGreymon Alteros Mode... Really? Borrowed that railgun arm from that MetalGreymon X virus and called a new mode?

But that is huge surprise. More Perfect levels with modes but borrowing their X forms' powers.

I wonder what WereGarurumon's mode will get awesome name?

Honestly having the borrowed part of X Antibody form's on Perfect levels could take some time to get used to it.... I really prefer the evolutions over borrowing in Tamers style. Hope it will not be a big deal as Mega evolutions of Pokemon to continue to spread around.

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But that is huge surprise. More Perfect levels with modes but borrowing their X forms' powers.
If it's all they end up doing, that feels disappointing because Bandai constantly dip their finger into X-Antibody over the years but never properly involve it in anything substantial beyond minor manga and side-story things.
And the appeal with those forms is a Digimon re-imagined from top to bottom. But I can get why this did this with the anime, because the time it'd take to draw something like WarGreymon X, with 255 more corners and edges needing to be drawn, would haemorrhage money.

TyXo22m

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it's all they end up doing, that feels disappointing because Bandai constantly dip their finger into X-Antibody over the years but never properly involve it in anything substantial beyond minor manga and side-story things.
And the appeal with those forms is a Digimon re-imagined from top to bottom. But I can get why this did this with the anime, because the time it'd take to draw something like WarGreymon X, with 255 more corners and edges needing to be drawn, would haemorrhage money.
Most of these Re-Imagined Digimon is simply add more corners and edges to them. Make them mecha-like or add over the top details.

I honestly don't see the appeal due to this. It's like they want to make it edgy and cool, but in the proces of making it they go too far with overdesigning them.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest, I prefer this than straight up putting X-Antibody into the show. Most of the designs for X-Antibodies look really bad and they are a nightmare to animate, especially for a 66-episodes long show. Animation will pretty much become non-existent in episodes they'd appear.

Now I do wonder how he grabs stuff though. But I wonder the same about Omegamon so...

TyXo22m

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest, I prefer this than straight up putting X-Antibody into the show. Most of the designs for X-Antibodies look really bad and they are a nightmare to animate, especially for a 66-episodes long show. Animation will pretty much become non-existent in episodes they'd appear.

Now I do wonder how he grabs stuff though. But I wonder the same about Omegamon so...
Will this show have 66 episodes?

HeavyLeomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was afraid to see x-antybody Evolution in this episode, good to see that dont happened, i dont want to see those abominations in the series. On another hand i dont like those Mode changed at all, i would preferred a total new evolution, perfect or ultimate. Hope this mode change means that we are getting a new ultimate "AlterosGreymon".

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They officially referenced the connection to MetalGreymon X, WereGarurumon is getting “black blades” (potentially echoing his X form), and MetalGreymon gained a new power to overcome miasma/a virus.

I really do think it’s an intentional link to the X antibody, and these mode changes might be a stepping stone.

I’m honestly happy they replaced his regular, non-trident arm too.

It’s nice to have big art for the big boy Valvemon too.

Dynamicmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalGreymon Alteros Mode... Really? Borrowed that railgun arm from that MetalGreymon X virus and called a new mode?
well that is what the weapon is called. it's like how various Xros Wars Digis had new 'modes' but were just different weapons

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I for one am excited about the X Digimon getting some love. I hope they get more love as I think their designs are awesome, and maybe we'll get some in upcoming games.

The second i saw the weapon, I know it was from Virus MetalGreymon X. I do wonder if that's also a hint towards something....

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm gonna say it, I don't like Alteros mode aesthetically. It does not fit in with the rest of Metal Greymon's design and could have been done with the same result way better

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well... That's different. Can't say this series hasn't been a surprise. ...Huh. I wonder if the other Mons have something like this. ...If they would even give them it. ...So it's a railgun sword? ...I guess that works.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll say: it was unexpected.

I think I would have preferred it replacing the Trident Arm, though

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those Chinese Kizuna artworks are totally precious. :love:

Loving the Alteros Mode and am curious as to whether all the partner Digimon will get them.

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How dose the Alteros Arm differ from the Gigi Strom attack?

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How dose the Alteros Arm differ from the Gigi Strom attack?
Giga Storm is simply a new attack. Alteros Mode received official art and classification as a mode change (and probably a DBR update soon). Also, it is directly borrowed from MetalGreymon X (Virus), which is generating a lot of speculation on its nature.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I would have preferred it replacing the Trident Arm, though
Same. It could be better this way. Putting Alteros railgun arm over the fleshy meaty arm making MetalGreymon in non-X Antibody form obtained a new profile is very odd for a new mode.

It makes sense for the Trident arm being replaced by that Alteros arm however it can be viewed as it's half X Antibody evolution to evolve into MetalGreymon X rather than "Alteros Mode" / Upgrade to admit X Antibodies involved with Adventure 2020. So I don't know what to say about that.

Banimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll be honest I am in love with this idea, giving MetalGreymon a new weapon is one thing but it being from its Virus X form threw me for a loop and honestly I have no idea where the reboot is going now that its introduced these new forms and that's Kenji art *chefs kiss*

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought it looked familiar! I like that they're actually pulling in all these references from elsewhere, it's nice to get these nods to the wider lore. I imagine WereGarurumon will get a similar powerup next week. Those Chinese Kizuna posters a nice, too.