Profile & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 20 Art, Plus Reference Book Updates, Sweaters, New Pop-Up Shop, & Megahobby Expo Updates

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a bit of a packed weekend update!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 20 aired, Digimon Web put up the profile art of the villain from the new episode, Velgrmon. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 20, The Seventh One Awakens. Velgrmon was a very vicious & strong DigimonšŸ˜±
The power of the special move 'Zone Deleter' is too scaryšŸ’¦
And without time to breath, that Digimon appears!?
Please look forward to episode 21- The Tide-turning Update!

And then new art from Kenji Watanabe...

This time we get a rather striking black and white image showing the first meeting of Takeru and Angemon from the new episode. The attached message:
This time it was a lot. Taken back... Skull at the end... What will happen!? I'm worried about how it will continue!!

And then we jump back to episode 19 for some profile art.

After episode 19 aired they put up good quality profile art of Minotaurmon, Bullmon, and Troopmon, all of whom showed up in episode 19.

Plus we got a reference book update this week!

This time we get... Ketomon, Hopmon, and HeavyLeomon.

Next up, a kid friendly series of products in Japan...

Kid sized Digimon Adventure: sweaters. There are 3 styles, each of which comes in 2 colors. They are all 2,090 yen each, and come in a few different sizes: 130cm, 140cm, 150cm, and 160cm.

The style designs are: (these are just names we are giving them for each of talking about them)
Agumon Patch in black and blue
Taichi & Agumon Silhouette in gray and black
Crests in black and gray

Then we have a few event updates...

First up, an update for MegaHobby Expo 2020 Online.

The previously announced Digimon Talk will be October 31st (Saturday), at 1pm (Japan time.)

They will be introducing the latest Megahouse Digimon figures. As previously announced the people there will be:
Chiaka Matsuzawa, host of various Digimon events and cameoed in tri.
Kenji Watanabe, longtime Digimon designer
the Megahouse planning manager (this is likely the same one who has shown up at a number of similar events, and has generally gone unnamed)

Previously it was hinted there would be someone else, and it's now been revealed to be Victory Uchida (an editor for V-Jump who often does things with connected brands.) Uchida has long been associated with Digimon, to the degree he appeared in Cyber Sleuth, including the ability to unlock his custom V headwear.

They also tease there may be a nice present/surprise.

And last up, a new pop-up shop has been announced....

The LB Pop-Up Theater Canal City Hakata Branch Store will be a temporary Limited Base store just running for one theme, which this time will cover 2 prior themes, one of which being Digimon (using the key art from LB Pop-Up Theater Digimon Shop 3.)

This is in addition to Digimon Shop 4, currently running at 2 LB Pop-Up Theaters, and the upcoming AGF branch shop in November.

It will run October 24th through November 30th. It's using the Pop-Up Theater Branding, but they not there will be no video screening at it (in the past they've sometimes given vouchers for viewing at the actual Pop-Up Theaters, but this is unconfirmed for this one.)

It will be held at the Canal City Hakata, on the 1st floor in the south building.

Products will be announced later, but we expect 'most' if not all products will be reprints of existing products.

They also put up the key art in higher resolution elsewhere, which we've mirrored here.

The left was as uploaded, the right is with the colorspace having been set to something more standard (the left image might appear far too saturated.)

A larger week than normal, with a bunch of fun things.

Thanks to onkei for translation help.

Attachments

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How many years have we waited for Ketomon & Hopmon's official artwork?
It's great to finally have official artwork for them & not just relying on sprites or anime artwork.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw, hell yeah! We finally get Ketomon and Hopmon art. I wonder, did this update just come out of nowhere, or like Kiimon and Yaamon, are they trying to tie them into a new release (Metal Empire or Virus Busters in Pendulum Z featuring the complete Cyberdramon line, maybe?)? Incidentally, with this, I believe every BabyI Digimon to ever exist up to this point is now in the Reference Book. As for BabyIIs, we still need Sunmon, Moonmon, Chicchimon, TorikaraBallmon, and (assuming they ever get profiles) Arkadimon and Meicoomon's variant Nyaromon form...... and I guess Kodokugumon (not particularly counting on the attack-based Digimon like it and ChibiKiwimon to get profiles anytime soon, but I mention it just because it was confirmed BabyII in at least one piece of media).

On another note, Ketomon's Poppin' Tear attack draws quite the parallel to Kuramon's Glare Eye. Basically, both give a fancy English-based name to the horribly mundane and standard San no Awa by having its profile describe how it forms from the eye(s).

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to see Monodramon's babies to get artworks. All unique attacks they gave to those babies made them more interesting. Impmon's babies attack with ink paint that is very toxic. Monodramon's babies didn't share same bubble attacks but horned lizard's eye blood shooting and ball bounce attack.

Now we need the artwork on Arkadimon Baby and Meicoomon's babies + recolored Plotmon to wait for another few years...............

VelgemonMOD

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's awesome to finally have official artwork for entire Monodramon line. It gives me hope we might finally get some art for some of the digimon most notoriously lacking in artwork like Panimon, Lycamon, Hermmon. I'd most like to see art for Holydigitamamon that is on par with the art for Devitamamon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay. New official artwork. Plus it's great to see them use Digimon from other seasons. Nice sweaters,

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to see Monodramon's babies to get artworks. All unique attacks they gave to those babies made them more interesting. Impmon's babies attack with ink paint that is very toxic. Monodramon's babies didn't share same bubble attacks but horned lizard's eye blood shooting and ball bounce attack.
Hopmon's attack was always known to be called Hop Hip (I think it originated from Brave Tamer). There was just never any description of what the hell it actually does (though given its name, one could assume it was some kind of direct body strike, not unlike Chibimon's Hop Attack).

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Depends on what you want to call canon. The Nyaromon variant appeared in a Digimon phone app and HolyDigitamamon was a winner of one of Bandaiā€™s dot art contests where people submitted ideas that would be made into official Digimon.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha, wasn't expecting Hopmon to get an update, but sure.

Nice Angemon image, but I hope we get one more in the colorful style Watanabe did for others when he invariably reappears.