Profile & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 18 Art, General Shodo 1 Boxes, & Bandages & Stationary

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Batch of stuff for the weekend!

Instead of social media art, after episode 18 aired, Digimon Web shared the profile art for Nidhoggmon. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 18, Countdown to Tokyo's Annihilation!
Eyesmon evolved to Orochimon, and now into the new Digimon Nidhoggmon!
It's terribleness has increased more and morešŸ˜±

Next is episode 19, Roar, Fist of the Beast King!
Finally... that Digi!

And new art from Kenji Watanabe!

This time we get some really awesome art of Nidhoggmon blasting away while Omegamon looks to be getting ready to fight. The 'Volcano' coming out of the energy from his mouth is a reference to that Volcano Ota returned to Digimon once again and voiced Nidhoggmon in the episode. The attached message:
The picture is a spoiler! Nidhoggmon! He's so big that his body would be in Shibuya and the tail in Asakusa. I imagined a monster like Godzilla as a snake. Can't believe he showed up!

And then we have a small mess of Adventure: products! First up is a figure update...

They put up images of the boxes for the standard release of wave 1 of the Shodo figures. The standard boxes will also be contained in the Premium Bandai set version.

Premium Bandai USA reopened pre-orders for these.

The Japanese release of these is this month.

Then we have something for the home...

Digimon Adventure: bandages.

Morimoto Sangyo is selling these right now. There are 6 patterns per sheet, and 3 sheets per box, for a total of 18 bandages per box.

A box is 418 yen.

And we finish with a selection of Adventure: stationary, all of which is available now at various shops in Japan...

First up is a ring notebook. It's A5 size and should be available now for 550 yen in ships in Japan.

Then we have block memos (post it notes.) Each one features a kid/Digimon pair. The top image is the cover image, while the bottom is the writing design. Each sheet measures roughly 3.6 by 3.6 inches. A stack includes 300 sheets and costs 418 yen each.

Last up is an A4 size clear file. It costs 385 yen.

Always nice to get decent quality profile art so quick, and Kenji Watanabe is continually doing some amazing art week by week. Plus some interesting basic products

Thanks to onkei for some translation help.

Attachments

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nidhoggmon's artwork is something unique to look at. Its body look like it's kinda tree-ish. And the tail's tip look like it's sacred branch tree. It vaguely reminded me of a Kaiju monster because it looked so alien. With all appearance and this name origin, did it felt Norse-ish?

Hm, its body in Shibuya and the tail in Asakusa? How exactly is size in length?

My final opinion about Orochimon earning new evos... I still haven't shaken off my feelings towards Eyesmon and Nidhoggmon although it kept both Eyesmon's thousand eyes and Orochimon's serpent body/tail but Eyesmon's appearance is clearly based on Horror monster besides Hellsing and the shadow from FullMetal Alchemist. I get it about the terribleness and terror it grew so much larger as it evolved but it's just... Lacked enough of "Dragon Serpent". Honestly Orochimon's evo line need to have multiple heads and larger Snake Serpent body to be very unique as I prefered personally. Orochimon is something standing out in this new evo line strongly and lacked "Terribleness" like Eyesmon and Nidhoggmon's uglyness and terrible horror monster appearances.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol, as soon as I saw it I knew that Watanabe art was homaging Godzilla. I ended up liking his desgin more than I thought I would after reading people's initial reaction to it.

Wonder how long it'll take to get him into the DRB, I couldn't see a profile for him already as far as I could tell.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The more time that passes, the more I realize I really don't like how a lot of Digimon look in the anime. The official art for Nidhoggmon is totally sick, but it looked kind of lame in the show.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's insane. A crazy look and it looks like a huge monster. And some nice stuff. I bet some kids will only one to use one band-aid. heh heh

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a lot of people have given hate to Nidhoggmon's design but I love it. There are tons complaints about less monstorous and more humanoid or knight type Digimon and this feels like an opposite to that being a massive, Kaiju Digimon with a serpentine body but also looking dramatically different from a snake and really looking different from anything in general that exists in the real world, even celebrating its abnormal anatomy by having eyes studding its tongue without pattern. Its design also feels very complete without any of its anatomy looking awkward and just looking at this static image I can easily see how it would move and act in real life. Even with all its details, it also manages to not be a too complicated design and you can easily take in the whole design at once without much issue or questions which is really nice to me as a lot of final form Digimon you need a moment to take in all that's happening. I appreciate Nidhoggmon a lot

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotta agree. I wasn't a big fan of the episode at all, but Nidhoggmon looks rad as hell!

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to google maps the distance between Shibuya and Asakusa is of at least 7.8 km. I think it would be safe to say that Nidhoggmon is at least 8 km long.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then Nidhoggmon is the best one they ever created for being so larger and it's not humanoid form. I hope they will create the next one that is oversized in length over Monster Hunter's final snake boss.

a lot of people have given hate to Nidhoggmon's design but I love it.
? All I see tons of hates towards that episode and miracle feathers.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nidhoggmon's artwork is something unique to look at. Its body look like it's kinda tree-ish. And the tail's tip look like it's sacred branch tree. It vaguely reminded me of a Kaiju monster because it looked so alien. With all appearance and this name origin, did it felt Norse-ish?

Hm, its body in Shibuya and the tail in Asakusa? How exactly is size in length?

My final opinion about Orochimon earning new evos... I still haven't shaken off my feelings towards Eyesmon and Nidhoggmon although it kept both Eyesmon's thousand eyes and Orochimon's serpent body/tail but Eyesmon's appearance is clearly based on Horror monster besides Hellsing and the shadow from FullMetal Alchemist. I get it about the terribleness and terror it grew so much larger as it evolved but it's just... Lacked enough of "Dragon Serpent". Honestly Orochimon's evo line need to have multiple heads and larger Snake Serpent body to be very unique as I prefered personally. Orochimon is something standing out in this new evo line strongly and lacked "Terribleness" like Eyesmon and Nidhoggmon's uglyness and terrible horror monster appearances.
Can always pray that some future Digimon product will do the whole Whamon thing and make a Perfect version for Eyesmon with Shademon as it's pre-Evo, assuming that copyright issues weren't the reason why Orochimon is part of that line in the first place as I theorize.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Eyesmon design was lame; just a bunch of eyes jumbled together. But Nidhoggmon's design is kinda cool. He certainly looks menacing in that profile art. The eyes on the tongue are bit too much though.

The more time that passes, the more I realize I really don't like how a lot of Digimon look in the anime. The official art for Nidhoggmon is totally sick, but it looked kind of lame in the show.
I guess it can't be helped. Most digimon (even a lot of the rookies ones) have very complex designs, so they need to be simplified in order to make them easier to animate.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that artwork does a better job showcasing Nidhoggmon. The background elements highlight how much of a kaiju-like creature it is, and the design is cool and monstrous, I hope we see more of it in other media.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nidhoggmon looks really cool. Can certainly appreciate the design.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mmm... I'm afraid I'm still not converted.

Whilst (like with the Bond Forms), the official artwork is a significant improvement over the animated counterpart, the overall aesthetics don't really do it for me.

I can enjoy really wild "fuck off I don't care" beastial designs, like say Leviamon X. But this just isn't as eye catching or memorable.

Last edited:

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was curious if Volcano was maybe a reference to Volcanicdramon, given that there are certainly some visual similarities in the Vorvomon line. But Volcano Ota makes more sense, haha.