Profile Art & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 39 Art, Reference Book & Anniversary Images, plus more Digimon for VB Dim Cards

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for a batch of things on the weekend!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 39 aired, Digimon Web put up official profile art of 3 Digimon from the episode. Burgamon & TorikaraBallmon certainly aren't new, but we never had proper Bandai profile art for them before, while Potamon is new from the episode of Adventure:. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 39 Jyagamon, Potato Hell!
Po-tato🎶Po-tato🎶
I want to eat 🍔&🍟 today.

Introducing Potamon. Official illustration released along with ones for Burgamon & TorikaBallmon 🆕
Next time, episode 40 Make in the Finishing Shoot!, will air March 21st!

On top of the new Bandai art...

Digimon TV put up the animation character design artwork for Potamon.

And then we have new art from Kenji Watanabe!

This time we get some really nice art of Jou, Gomamon, and Potamon eating fries, along with Burgamon and a couple of TorikaraBallmon. His attached message:
Potamon, pota bud. It was a good story about Jou-senpai. After the Last Evolution stream yesterday... now I'm wanting to eat hambugers & fries.
The mention of the stream is that Seki Hiromi talked about eating hamburgers yesterday during the live Kizuna commentary stream while the Digimon were eating them after they fought Eosmon in the film.

And then some anniversary stuff...

Last night, a bit early, Digimon Web put up some social art to celebrate the 22nd anniversary of Digimon Adventure and a message:

Today is the release date for the movie Digimon Adventure📽
Tomorrow, March 7th, is the day that Digimon Adventure started airing on TV📺

With lots of support from fans, 22 years have passed🎉
Thank you🙇

Today we'll be streaming commentary of Last Evolution Kizuna at 5pm!

With the anniversary of Revenge of Diablomon earlier in the week, we also got some images of some 02 stuff from Digimon Web (2). The first is a Revenge of Diablomon metal featuring Imperialdramon, while the second is 2 images of the Evil Ring that was sold when 02 was still airing. The attached messages:

Yesterday, March 3rd, was the 20th Anniversary of Revenge of Diablomon🎊

When I was organizing the warehouse the other day, I found this Imperialdramon medal🥇⛏
I don't know if it's theater merchandise or not?
It's very valuable so I'll keep it😊🎁
Introducing things we found in the warehouse⛏
"Evil Ring"
You too will serve the Kaiser!

This is a great catchphrase.🤭
It's also a great product from the notes written with.

And then a stack of Vital Bracelet things!

Earlier in the week we got a reference book update with 2 more Ultimate Digimon for Pulsemon...

Shivamon
Achillesmon

Then next up, someone got the Bracelet a bit early...

Bandai sent a Digimon Vital Bracelet to Hiroshi Izawa (the author of Digimon V-Tamer & C'mon Digimon) a bit early. In a 2nd tweet he mentions he wants to use it because it'll be good for his health, but he expects his son will monopolize it.

And 'almost' done we have a bit more VB...

A Vital Bracelet ad that played during Adventure: showed off a few more Digimon that will be appearing in Dim cards...

Thanks to A_n_ochan for that photo.

Just about there...

Anilog announced that via their Youtube they would be streaming the Digimon anime for those in Japan..
Digimon Adventure and 02 started on March 6th. They each get one episode a week.
Tamers gets one episode a week starting with April 1st (the anniversary of when it began.)
Frontier, Savers, and Xros Wars will also be streamed, with details to be announced later.

And last up...

There was so much little stuff this week, we actually did a rare midweek version of the 'bunch of stuff. So if you missed that, go check it out, as there is a bunch more.

It's been a big week for Digimon stuff, with a fun batch of little fun things.

Thanks to onkei for translation help!

Attachments

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Burgamon have different food napkin and it has different symbol, the burger. Burgamon got two official arts but with different napkin designs.

I'm sure TorikaraBallmon did have official art along with Burgamon? Or I misremembered?

Burgamon Adult didn't show up how weird.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost looks like the digimon are alternating between those on the Agumon and Gabumon Dims.

Agumon:
- MetalGreymon
- MetalTyranomon
- Orochimon
- MegaSeadramon
- Andromon
- BlitzGreymon

Gabumon:
- Parrotmon
- Scorpiomon
- BigMamemon
- NeoDevimon
- WereGarurumon
- CresGarurumon

This would reveal 5 of the 6 Perfects for each roster. My speculations are never right though lol

Especially unlikely with the upcoming ocean and mountain dims, which a lot of these would be better suited for.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mamemon is in the Agumon DIM as we can see here so that would make 6/6 perfects, assuming there's 6.
Greymon, Coelamon, and Ogremon are the adults I know of in the Agumon DIM and Garurumon, Gorillamon, and Dokugumon are adults in the Gabumon DIM.

I really like Agumon's lineup and don't care much for Gabumon's

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mamemon is in the Agumon DIM as we can see here so that would make 6/6 perfects, assuming there's 6.
Greymon, Coelamon, and Ogremon are the adults I know of in the Agumon DIM and Garurumon, Gorillamon, and Dokugumon are adults in the Gabumon DIM.

I really like Agumon's lineup and don't care much for Gabumon's
I’m pretty surprised these lines are closer to the original Digital Monster and not more tightly themed like Pulsemon’s electric theming. I was hoping for Agumon’s to be more dinosaur focused if only because I’d like Tyranomon to be in there. He still has one slot open, so here’s hoping (if it’s not Numemon).

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost looks like the digimon are alternating between those on the Agumon and Gabumon Dims.

Agumon:
- MetalGreymon
- MetalTyranomon
- Orochimon
- MegaSeadramon
- Andromon
- BlitzGreymon

Gabumon:
- Parrotmon
- Scorpiomon
- BigMamemon
- NeoDevimon
- WereGarurumon
- CresGarurumon

This would reveal 5 of the 6 Perfects for each roster. My speculations are never right though lol

Especially unlikely with the upcoming ocean and mountain dims, which a lot of these would be better suited for.
I'd guess Anomalocarimon/Scorpiomon is in the Agumon card since Coelamon is one of the Adults. Also WaruSeadramon is the Digimon pictured, not MegaSeadramon.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
D'aww, that bit of Watanabe art is extra cute this time. :love:

Always nice to get some official illustrations of old Digimon. Hopefully Burgamon will be added to the Reference Book alongside Potamon soon? :unsure:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Potamon! Cute. That medal and Ring are cool. That's some merch right there. Those might be something to have. Almost surprised they didn't remake a Dark Ring for people.

Kyaromonfan96

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Potamon! Cute. That medal and Ring are cool. That's some merch right there. Those might be something to have. Almost surprised they didn't remake a Dark Ring for people.
I know, Potamon is the best Rookie of 2021 so far.

Grantlet

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am so excited for the Seadramon line! For some reason, it's always been my favorite

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know, Potamon is the best Rookie of 2021 so far.
Did the episode confirm he's rookie? I figured he was a Gatomon style Champion

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would potamons wedge hair grow back if I ate a few pieces?

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can catch a glimpse of other digimon in the commercial right before it zooms in on the image above.

Not the best screen shot (apologies) but you can see a sprite for algomon (adult?) top right.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sooo happy that Burgermon design looks more like the TCG version than the one that showed up in Frontier. I hope they update Ebi Burgermon's reference book art to follow suit. Give him back his unique hat and his little shrimp fin-ear things!!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It turned out Potamon is not subspecies of Burgamon, right? Just simply designed for Jyagamon's evo?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it's the overalls, but in a weird way Potamon reminds me of Chucky from Child's Play. Adult in a kid's body. lol