Product Updates- Pre-orders for Adventure: Acrylic Cards & Miku CD/DVD, Survive for Switch Pre-Orders Being Cancelled?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few different bits of product news...

First up, the newest series of acylic cards, this time based on Digimon Adventure:. And they 'are' labeled as series 6 now.

We first found out about these with the announcement of an early release at the current LB Pop-Up Theater Shops, but they can be pre-ordered easily now.

They are being sold in a boxes of 20 and ship in August.

Pre-orders at a few different places that help the site:
CDJapan, 12,000 yen
HobbyLinkJapan, $120.39

The previous sets were quite popular, and these will likely be heavy imports.

The 6th series of acrylic cards (like the previous sets) can stay as cards or have pieces pop off and combine into an acrylic stand.

The 20 for the set are all from Digimon Adventure:- Taichi, Yamato, Koushiro, Sora, Jou, Mimi, Takeru, Hikari, Agumon, Gabumon, AtlurKabuterimon, Pyocomon, Ikakkumon, Palmon, Tokomon, Angewomon, Omegamon, MetalGreymon, WereGarurumon, and the Digivice:

Next up, a quick CD update...

The Butter-Fly Hatsune Miku version CD/DVD combo that was formally announced last week is up for pre-order at CDJapan: (Affiliate link)
Butter-Fly Hatsune Miku version CD/DVD

It will be out for September 2nd for 1,364 yen

The release includes:
Butter-Fly Hatsune Miku Version
Butter-Fly Hatsune Miku Version off vocal version
a DVD featuring the music video of Butter-Fly Hatsune Miku Version

Previous details about the CD and music can be found here.

And then a Digimon Survive update...

Amazon orders for Digimon Survive on Switch appear to be in the midst of being cancelled by Amazon, sent along with a generic message:
Hello,
Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item from your order. We've canceled the item and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below.
The Switch version had had pre-orders disabled on Amazon for awhile, and this appears to be a step further without any information on if it's being cancelled due to Bandai telling them to, Amazon not getting information and choosing to cancel it, etc.

Notably, they aren't the only major retailer in the US who has changed their Survive on Switch listing. Target and Wal-Mart have both removed their Digimon Survive listings (Wal-Mart's listing is still up for their 3rd party retailer program, but selecting from Wal-Mart themselves disables it.)

There has been no notable information on Digimon Survive for a decent chunk of time, which isn't inherently abnormal in games, but with some listings vanishing and at least some pre-orders being cancelled, fans looking forward to it will likely wonder what is going on, if anything, more than they already had been.

The last bit of 'news' for Digimon Survive was Famitsu saying the game had been delayed with no new release date. A Bandai rep claimed this was a typo from Famitsu.

Update- Various Twitter users are reporting preorders of 'Prinny 1 & 2: Exploded and Reloaded' (a Switch port/collection of the Disgaea spinoff series) are also being cancelled by Amazon.

It is scheduled for release this October, and was only announced earlier this year. Wal-Mart and Target still list Prinny for Switch, so it isn't clear if it's related to Survive or just coincidental timing.

Thanks to Muur for the heads up regarding Prinny.

Digimon Survive can currently 'still' be pre-ordered at Amazon.com on Xbox One and PS4: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Attachments

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The UK version of Amazon has removed pre orders for all three versions (Xbox, PS4, and Switch) with the release date now switched from December 31 to "we don't know", whilst the US one has only removed the Switch version (whilst the PS4/Xbox still say Dec31 there). I get the feeling they've probably been told it's being delayed into 2021.

I had a look at some other UK Game stores websites and they've all removed Survive.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The UK version of Amazon has removed pre orders for all three versions (Xbox, PS4, and Switch) with the release date now switched from Decemmeber 31 to "we don't know", whilst the US one has only removed the Switch version (whilst the PS4/Xbox still say Dec31 there). I get the feeling they've probably been told it's being delayed into 2021.
If they do that it better be the best damn digimon game ever after all these delays. But I'm worried the next thing we will hear is it's cancelled all together. Is it possible they have decided not to go with the switch as a playable platform?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The UK version of Amazon has removed pre orders for all three versions (Xbox, PS4, and Switch) with the release date now switched from December 31 to "we don't know", whilst the US one has only removed the Switch version (whilst the PS4/Xbox still say Dec31 there). I get the feeling they've probably been told it's being delayed into 2021.
It is not standard to remove listings and cancel pre-orders for a delay. Delays, or pre-orders with no actual release date are rather routine for games.

If other listings weren't vanished I would have chalked it up to a random miscommunication.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is not standard to remove listings and cancel pre-orders for a delay. Delays, or pre-orders with no actual release date are rather routine for games.

If other listings weren't vanished I would have chalked it up to a random miscommunication.
Yeah I since edited my post to say that I looked at some other UK game store websites, and theyve all removed Survive.

Game might be cancelled at this point?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't jump that far.

They were actively promoting the game a few months ago. I wouldn't assume it's cancelled.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't jump that far.

They were actively promoting the game a few months ago. I wouldn't assume it's cancelled.
We can all hope, but I guess with everything that's gone on with this game one can't help but jump to such dark conclusions.

Please explain what's going on, Bandai.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added some info regarding Amazon cancelling Prinny pre-orders.

Azure Beast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
its a damn shame.i hope it doesnt get cancelled im willing to wait as long as next summer.i dont wanna bring the mood down but, i always get reminded of the time we waited for megaman legends 3 whenever i hear about digimon survive but im sure it wont come to that because i also remember the time we waited for super smash bros brawl it took 2 years of waiting after the commercial aired in 2006 and that always cheered me up.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really getting nervous how things are turning out i still have fate we will get the game soon but it makes me wonder what is happening on their end even before the entire pandemic we didn't get a massive amount if information.

Overall i agree with Marc i don't think it would get cancel considering all the characters got revealed the pandemic could have got in the way of their plans.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Switch version had had pre-orders disabled on Amazon for awhile, and this appears to be a step further without any information on if it's being cancelled due to Bandai telling them to, Amazon not getting information and choosing to cancel it, etc.
most likely the latter. the lack of information, especially after covid19, is starting to do more harm than good imo

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish the development team kept us informed on the status of the game's progress. At this point I've been more curious about the development than the content of the game itself for about a year now

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's really odd. No idea why but hey, as long as it's not canceled right? At least that stands are nice. And a CD/DVD. So that's good.

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man I came here to check to see what was going on with Survive since I had my preorder cancelled; I really really hope the game isn't cancelled but they were advertising not too long ago yea?

Very odd.