Product Updates- New Project VB Teaser & Premium Bandai US Black Friday/Cyber Monday Details, New Card Game Accessory Kit

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few product updates...

First up, a new teaser for Project VB. The upcoming Digimon project was first teased last week, and the new teaser appears to be a decent quality color screen showing an original Digimon V-Pet on it. The text attached to the tweet:
New Digital Monster Begins
23 years since then, your 'daily life' may change.
A couple small teasers, but interesting...

And on top of that, we have an upcoming sale with a number of promotions, plus a new product!

Premium Bandai US has announced a number of promotions and items for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

First up are 2 coupons for free shipping.

Until November 26th (on the page above) you can get a coupon for free shipping on an order from Premium Bandai US. The coupon works between November 27th and November 30th.

Also, (also on the page above) there is a second free shipping coupon. This one only works on orders that are $100 or more. This one will be given away between November 27th and November 30th, and be usable during the same period.

Various bundles and products will be made available during this period, with one of interest to Digimon fans...

The Digimon Card Game Tamer's Set will be made available to purchase during this period. There is no standby page yet, but it appears (based on the image) to be an accessory kit containing a play mat and card sleeves featuring the artwork As'Maria did for the parallel cards in Booster Set 2.

They plan to sell it for $35, and it will be $30 if you get a coupon. The coupon will start being given away on November 27th until they run out of an unspecified number of coupons.

The Project VB teaser is interesting, since it certainly suggests a number of a things, and the Premium Bandai stuff is nice, but hopefully we get confirmation on what the Tamer's Set is soon.

Attachments

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A wearable is looking more and more likely.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The coupon will start being given away on November 27th
the day the English Special Booster 1.0 cards come out for those who bought the presale? They know exactly what they're doing here with the big brain plays

Aguman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the image above is hinting at a resistive touch screen? (Akin to the Nintendo DS) The black dots look like spacer dots. This type of screen requires pressure to register an input.

Resistive touch screens are cheaper to produce and more reliable in rainy or cold conditions in contrast to capacitive touch screens which might fail to register an input under those circumstances.
Sounds good for fitness trackers where sweat, rain and harsh conditions can be an obstacle. (Here in Canada, I go for runs in the cold wearing gloves all the time lol)

This is all just speculation, obviously the only conclusion that we can gather right now is that Project VB is almost certainly V-Pet related. And for that, I’m excited! :D

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm imagining an app at this point, it's hard to believe even a wearable would be such a huge change to your "daily life" from other V-pets. But it is curious, and maybe it's a hybrid of both which could be really cool.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm imagining an app at this point, it's hard to believe even a wearable would be such a huge change to your "daily life" from other V-pets. But it is curious, and maybe it's a hybrid of both which could be really cool.
Thing is, "Project VB" was announced by Bandai Toys, not Bandai Games, so an app is highly unlikely.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just give me a color screen and I dont even care if its the original V1.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
honestly with the electrocardiogram lines being in both the background animation and egg's design and the follow up tweet by Digimon emphasizing the word "beat" as well as the advertisements so far making this seem like an accessory of daily life, I am almost certain this is a fitness wearable that reads heartbeats. This latest promo image also very heavily implies it will be backlit with color and if it isn't they need a better advertising guy. Other features such as a touch screen seem plausible but phone connectivity feels likely to me as a fitness device without an external connection feels weird.

Anyways, this is just how I feel about the potential of VB and nothing I say has any real merit outside of speculation with the very minimal current info.

The more I think of VB the more genuinely excited I get. I just really hope that if it does have connectivity to a phone and/or internet that it can also have updates with new content and patches as that would greatly lengthen my interest in this product over time and keep it fresh