Product Updates- English Card Game Magazine Card Previews, Digivice Complete Sprites, & No Survive at TGS

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After a look at the alternate art cards that will be in the first box topper for the 1.0 Card Game Booster's English release, we have a closer look at the cards in the second.

Two of these cards will be included in each 1.0 booster box, and they've now announced the same ones will also be included in 1.5, basically doubling overall distribution of them.

As we knew, these 6 promo cards came with magazines in Japan:
Garurumon and WereGarurumon from the May 2020 issue of V-Jump
V-dramon Zero and Taichi (V-Tamer) from the July issue of V-Jump
Agumon and Greymon from the May 2020 issue of Saikyo Jump

The Digimon Card Game will be released in English in January 2021, with an early release at some retailers in November 2020. Previous details can be found here and here.

Then next up, a quicky for the Digivice Version Complete...

With just a few days left to pre-order, Digimon Web put up our first look at the sprites for Agumon Bonds of Courage and Gabumon Bonds of Friendship. Nice looking sprites based on the resolution of the Digivice screen that shows off the designs pretty well.

The Digivice Version Complete is an updated version of the Digivice Version 15th that includes content from tri. and Kizuna.

Pre-orders for the Digivice Version Complete close September 13th in Japan. Details can be found here.

The US release of the Digivice (same product, just includes a PDF English manual) was recently announced that pre-orders will be kept open until October 31st.

And last up...

Bandai-Namco announced their lineup for the 2020 Online version of the Tokyo Game Show. Digimon Survive is not included.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Thanks to Gematsu for the TGS info.

Attachments

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh for Yggdrasil's sake, I wish they would just announce that Survive was delayed again already so I would stop hoping for information. Guess I'll have to hold out for my other TGS hopes instead...

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Laughed at the title. Then cried. Then laughed again.

I love the sprite art for Agumon Kizuna, which is weird since I don't like the full design.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Digimon Survive at TGS, and no SRW has been announced such that it could be shown off there either, huh.

Bad time for SRPGs.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is all very nice, aside from the lack of Survive, but I wish there had been an update on the Pendulum Z, even if it was just full color pictures of Wave 2.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotta say I was a little surprised that V-Tamer Taichi and Zero finally made it stateside in some form. Hopefully it's not their first and last time though.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is all very nice, aside from the lack of Survive, but I wish there had been an update on the Pendulum Z, even if it was just full color pictures of Wave 2.
There’s a pretty big chance the wave 2 will drop once the Digivice Ver Complete preorders close or a couple of weeks before wave one is shipped.

I’m still on the boat if I should pick up the Digivice Ver Complete. I already own the original Anniversary version and I was hoping that there would be more to it that just two new zones and three new forms. Do we even know if the Virus lines of Gabumon and Agumon, Veedramon, Hackmon, Meicoomon, and Wizardmon are included in this version? I also thought they would reveal that it would light up too.
So far it’s an amazing product for people who missed out on all the previous versions, however if you already have an anniversary version I find it hard to justify a rebuy. I’ll probably pick it up for the collection but I just don’t feel it.

I really hope Survive is not going through a nightmarish development hell, and the delay is simply covid related alongside polishing the final product.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I just thought of something else. About the Digivice Ver. Complete. Since it's supposed to have Digimon from every Adventure series from Adventure ('99) to Kizuna, do we know if it will finally reveal the full lines of the original Digidestined partners? I mean, i know there was kind of a theory that Re:Arise did that, but I'm not sure I belive that after what they showed Bakumon's Ultimate to be.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I just thought of something else. About the Digivice Ver. Complete. Since it's supposed to have Digimon from every Adventure series from Adventure ('99) to Kizuna, do we know if it will finally reveal the full lines of the original Digidestined partners?
They were pseudo revealed in Digimon Rearise in cutscenes and special party members:

Bearmon/Gryzmon/LoaderLeomon/Baihumon

ElecmonVirus/Tuskmon/Triceramon/Qinglongmon

Muchomon/Akatorimon/Hippogriffomin/Zhuqiaomon

Kamemon/Dinohumon/Orochimon/Xuanwumon

Bakumon/Monochromon/Megadramon/Huanglongmon

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I just thought of something else. About the Digivice Ver. Complete. Since it's supposed to have Digimon from every Adventure series from Adventure ('99) to Kizuna, do we know if it will finally reveal the full lines of the original Digidestined partners?
They were pseudo revealed in Digimon Rearise in cutscenes and special party members:

Really? Guess I got some bad info, because when I looked at the profile for Bakumon (Re:Arise) (granted, on Wikimon) it said Bakumon's Ultimate was Mugendramon, not Huanglongmon.
Still wondering if they'll be in it. Ideally I'd like it to have full lines for all the partners (excl international Chosen, obv., becasue that would be way too many) But that may be too much to ask since there are only 80 Digimon. I can't afford it, unfortunately, but that would truly make it "complete"
though now I'm curious about Muchomon's Baby levels, since so far it only officially evolves from Kuramon, Chicchimon, or the red babies from the new card game, Which do include Piyomon's babies, but so far those are also the only ones currently available for Elecmon (Violet). I guess Falcomon's would work as a headcanon until/unless we learn different.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bakumon Mega is Machinedramon.

Source: yesterday's chapter

I don't think they'll have the full lines of the OG Digidestined, but maybe some of them will appear as enemies to fight (prob just the Holy Beasts)

Last edited:

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bakumon Mega is Machinedramon.

Source: yesterday's chapter

I don't think they'll have the full lines of the OG Digidestined, but maybe some of them will appear as enemies to fight (prob just the Holy Beasts)
You're probably right. It's unfortunate though, since it's a big mystery tri left us with. Incomplete lines from other seasons were filled in in their various Digivice toys, but not the OG Chosen...