Previous New Century Silhouette Digimon Based on Bian Lian

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
bianliandigimoncleaned_april29_2022.jpg

We have an update on another new Digimon from New Century.

This appears to be the silhouette we first saw about 2.5 months ago.

silhouette_february15_2022.jpg

We don't have a name, but it appears to be based on costumes worn for the Bian lian, a type of Chinese opera. The image itself looks like it came from an ad for New Century.

It has various masks in the flowing cape it wears, and it appears to swap between the masks (which may explain why the silhouette doesn't quite match, although that could also be a raised claw.) It has a number of masks of decently known Digimon also.

Thanks to a few people who sent in the image and various bits of info. The original image source appears to have been passed around a bit so we aren't sure of the actual original source.

The image above is a slightly cleaned up version we made. What appears to be the original is below...

bianliandigimon_april29_2022.jpg

Previous details for New Century can be found here.

Attachments

• bianliandigimoncleaned_april29_2022.jpg
    bianliandigimoncleaned_april29_2022.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 10,999

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my god, it looks so dorky and goblin-like. I love it!

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well nobody guessed this! I thought it'd be a platypus looking dude.
So many Digimon I love decorate its cape! Is this.... one of my new favorite Digimon!?

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting! It's impossible to judge on what kind of animal this new digimon based for. I guess it might be some kind of tiny Tarsier or Aye-Aye or tiny monkey related species in China?

Look like it's almost perfect for Mojyamon or Koemon for random evo line. Maybe Phascomon?

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the bottom left of its cape, is that suppose to be Andromon?
Wonder if its ability is disguising as any kind of Digimon.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that was not what I was expecting. But I like it! Hoping it's an Ultimate because it looks like it'd be a great evolution for Betsumon, Pandamon, and a few other Perfects.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never thought the silhouette would look like this. All 3 new digimon from New Century amaze me and this one is my favorite.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks a lot like Gali from Monster Rancher. I hope it’s lv 6 because there’s so few Ultimate puppets.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It has various masks in the flowing cape it wears, and it appears to swap between the masks (which may explain why the silhouette doesn't quite match, although that could also be a raised claw.)

I think it's a hand. Though it's hard to tell from the new image, there appears to be webbing between the fingers.

Neat-looking Digimon. I really doubt it'll be an Ultimate, but they could surprise me.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah, I thought it was a hand since my first time seeing the silhouette. That's why I thought it was going to look like a platypus lol.
This digimon visually reads to me as though it's based around performance and identity so I'm excited to read whatever they write up about it

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah, I thought it was a hand since my first time seeing the silhouette. That's why I thought it was going to look like a platypus lol.
This digimon visually reads to me as though it's based around performance and identity so I'm excited to read whatever they write up about it

The little teaser in the original tease mentions that it likes to go to festivals so that works perfectly for boltboutamon weirdly enough

I guess the other Digimon faces are his other masks

Also that's defo a claw. Everything lines up. The top and bottom of the cape, the furry body at the side. It's this Digimon in a different pose with a raised claw

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A very good design; Really loving the details and the mask-theme. Perfect-level would be my guess.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright a new Digimon, looks like a small yeti with a Chinese phantom of the opera look.

HeroWars

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks like you could fit it into Bolbuatamon's evolution line. I wonder what level it is?
I also see people that link it with Fakemon and Piemon
Both of them are linked to Bolboutamon by fans for few times

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, quite a lot different than the platypus I was imagining. Not sure what Level it could be though.

Looks pretty cool nonetheless. I suspect the whole mask thing cool could be entertaining to see in anime form, whether it be played for drama or comedy with the 'mon impersonating others y wearing their corresponding mask.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is fun. A very different character but probably fits well in the region. Real interesting.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay new Digimon! Getting serious Boltboutamon vibes from this one