Preview of Ghost Game Special Next Week- A Strange World as Told by Naoto Takenaka

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A new Ghost Game preview shows the next episode will be an (apparently) unnumbered 'special', A Strange World as Told by Naoto Takenaka.

Naoto Takenaka will be taking the audience through the mysterious world of Digimon Ghost Game. They also reveal the special shows the Ghost Navigator and the setup of the episode is different from normal.

While we don't actually know what the episode is, based on the text and general framing, it gives the suggestion of an unnumbered clip show.

Attachments

• 【予告】デジモンゴーストゲームスペシャル 竹中直人が語る怪奇の世界 (BQ).jpg
    【予告】デジモンゴーストゲームスペシャル 竹中直人が語る怪奇の世界 (BQ).jpg
    167 KB · Views: 11,964
Last edited:

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing timeslot padding due to the hack.

Brodul

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't tell me that Ghost game is on a hiatus again

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing it's a clipshow before a new arc.

Since they have a live action host to stick with the framing they gave us before the episode aired (that the narrator is an actual 'person'), they are having it be unnumbered so they don't need to deal with it when sending it to international licensors.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Since they have a live action host to stick with the framing they gave us before the episode aired (that the narrator is an actual 'person'), they are having it be unnumbered so they don't need to deal with it when sending it to international licensors.
So something like Crunchyroll might not even get the episode then, unless it's already confirmed to be on cr and other streaming sites that have the show

This defo gives me a wtf is this vibe though like even shows like Yugioh and Pokemon when they do recap episodes they usually have a little bit of new content etc this to me feels like they didnt have the time to do a full episode after the hacks and so are padding for time with whatever this is but you know better and if this is a common thing or not where a real life guy talks about lore or whatever he's doing

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

So something like Crunchyroll might not even get the episode then, unless it's already confirmed to be on cr and other streaming sites that have the show

This defo gives me a wtf is this vibe though like even shows like Yugioh and Pokemon when they do recap episodes they usually have a little bit of new content etc this to me feels like they didnt have the time to do a full episode after the hacks and so are padding for time with whatever this is but you know better and if this is a common thing or not where a real life guy talks about lore or whatever he's doing
I have only seen something similar when YGO Vrains had to debut one month later than usual, due to the complete disaster that were the ARC-V production issues still persisting after it's end. So to avoid losing the timeslot they aired very pointless episodes "leading" to the series debut or something, which had live hosts.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this isn't the most hype.
I've been watching Ghost Game weekly with somebody who isn't a prior Digimon fan (they love the show a ton so far) but I don't think this would keep their interest

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. Given the hack, something like this was perhaps inevitable.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's always the possibility of teasing future episodes.

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the narrator is going to talk to us about Digimon?

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Naoto Takenaka tells us the entire lore of Lord of the Rings*

Brodul

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think episode 25 is basically an epilogue where the narrator explains what exactly happened

Daisukemotomiya

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it because of the golden week in Japan? 🤔

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Look like your typical .5 episodes Dx
Hoping for some screenshots from upcoming episodes at the end though!

Cardcaptor Takato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Crunchyroll has aired plenty of recap episodes for other anime shows before like Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai, SAO and Darling in the Franxx and the aforementioned Yugioh Vrains so I fully expect Crunchyroll to air this recap episode too. It would be nice if we had some preview footage of upcoming episodes but I won't be surprised if it's just clips.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know if they were going to do a special I was hoping for a crossover with Adventure 2020, Tamers, or Frontier not a recap, a well.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Recap? ...Well if CR doesn't get it, I may not watch it. I didn't watch many of Yugioh's, often times when playing catch up, so maybe I'll just read a summary of it.