Preview of Digimon Card Game Section & Exclusive Cards in V-Jump

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has put up a preview of the extended section for the card game in the upcoming May issue of V-Jump!

On top of that preview, we also get some really nice previews of the two exclusive cards that come with the issue, as announced last month:

These cards for Garurumon and WereGarurumon are exclusive to this issue of V-Jump.

Right after this, the Card Game Twitter posted again reiterating the new Digimon Card Game uses standard size cards instead of smaller ones like a number of other card games. It also mentions a rule detail for the game. You can have up to 4 cards with an identical card number in your deck.

The issue is the same V-Jump they recently teased will have about the Digimon from the Adventure: trailer.

You can order the issue here: (affiliate link)
May 2020 V-Jump with promo cards

Attachments

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Garurumon
P-007 Promo
4000 DP
Entry Cost 4 Evolution Cost 2
Level 4
Evo Source Effect: [When it attacks] If this Digimon's name includes "Garurumon," <<1 Draw>>. (Draw 1 card from your deck.)

Were Garurumon
P-008 Promo
6000 DP
Entry Cost 7 Evolution Cost 3
Level 5
Effect: [When it attacks] [Once per turn] If "Garurumon" is in this Digimon's Evolution Sources, make this Digimon Active.
Evo Source Effect: [During your turn] If the number of cards in your hand is 8 or greater, this Digimon gets <<Security Attack +1>>. (When this Digimon attacks Security, it checks 1 more.)

("Active" means it untaps, so it can attack a second time in a turn. "Security" are the 5 cards you have to destroy so you can attack your opponent directly to win the game. "Evolution Sources" are the cards beneath a Digimon, that it evolved from.)

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Security" are the 5 cards you have to destroy so you can attack your opponent directly to win the game
the first thing I interpret from this is having your Digimon physically harm a person and that's pretty hardcore, but I like the idea you can also flavor that as detaining a now defenseless person without harm and that different players could roleplay it different ways

Foxboy93

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like we get confirmation of Plesiomon and Magnadramon as well!

Eiji

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope these will be decently easy to obtain in the west/europe. I've been trying to collect the older cards but between shipping and and Ebay inflation it gets ridiculous. Also, personally, I'm glad they're standard size, since I have enough standard sleeves and binders kicking around.