Preview for Digimon Ghost Game Episode 32, Plus Key Art & Promo Video, & New ED Theme... and New Outfits?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 31 first!

Time for the preview for Episode 32 Who Are You?

The preview shows a new outfit for Hiro!

Our discussion thread for episode 31 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Then some more...

gg32promo_june25_2022.jpg

A promo poster for the image, featuring Gammamon and Betsumon. It was designed to show off the cuteness of Gammamon.

Then they finish with a promo video featuring Mutsumi Tamura (Hiro.)

She lets you know the story is a bit different next time, and Gammamon is very cute, and it's one you don't want to miss.

And last up...

Bye-Bye Hands announced that episode 31 is the last time their song is being used on Ghost Game, so we can reasonably expect a new ED to be announced shortly.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 7,032

dlewis53

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that promotional image definitely looks neat!

Although, I noticed in the preview that they never revealed what "Gammamon"'s face looked like, so I'm really hoping they at least had Betsumon's disguise not show his actual face and make it blindingly obvious it's not Gammamon; because otherwise, this would be incredibly stupid on Hiro's part to not realize that that wasn't Gammamon.

The only thing I can think of is that Betsumon constantly has it so Hiro never sees his face and only sees "Gammamon" from behind (similarly to how it was done in Xros Hunters), but depending on how long he's been impersonating Gammamon, I still find it kind of hard to believe that Hiro would buy into an imposter like that, especially if it's like in Xros Hunters where one look at his face would tell you that that's not the real Gammamon.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things play out.

Lalo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Although, I noticed in the preview that they never revealed what "Gammamon"'s face looked like, so I'm really hoping they at least had Betsumon's disguise not show his actual face and make it blindingly obvious it's not Gammamon; because otherwise, this would be incredibly stupid on Hiro's part to not realize that that wasn't Gammamon.

The only thing I can think of is that Betsumon constantly has it so Hiro never sees his face and only sees "Gammamon" from behind (similarly to how it was done in Xros Hunters), but depending on how long he's been impersonating Gammamon, I still find it kind of hard to believe that Hiro would buy into an imposter like that, especially if it's like in Xros Hunters where one look at his face would tell you that that's not the real Gammamon.

I'm guessing WE are not gonna see Betsumon's face until the reveal, but the implication is that the disguise will actually affect Hiro's perception, in other words, some brainwashing is involved.

dlewis53

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm guessing WE are not gonna see Betsumon's face until the reveal, but the implication is that the disguise will actually affect Hiro's perception, in other words, some brainwashing is involved.

I'm hoping that's the case, because if it's otherwise portrayed like it was in Xros Hunters, then I'd have a pretty hard time buying that Hiro, Ruli, and Kiyo would be stupid enough to fall for a disguise like that.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe the term would be glamour, an enchantment one oneself to hide your true nature.

Dathanatus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp think I'm gonna sit most of the next episode out. Hate the plot and hate to see Gammamon suffering. Baby being alone in the rain looking miserable was more than enough. Gonna go straight to the end of this mascarade where Betsumon get what he fucking deserves.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that they went out of their way to make a key visual for the episode further solidifies my theory that GulusGammamon will appear in this episode. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the endings for this show usually change around the time GulusGammamon shows up? That might just be a coincidence though.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

In Pokemon,Team Rocket's disguises are terrible and you can tell it's them. But, that's for the viewer (as stated by staff). In universe the disguises are perfect. He could look exactly like Gammamon in universe but for the viewer it's made obvious

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor Gammamon :( I hope he gets showered in "champion" once Hiro and the others realize the truth.
Also it's very suspicious they are drawing this much attention for a seemingly harmless, mundane episode. A whole poster for it?? Really? I don't want to keep my hopes up, but *something* might happen.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Pokemon,Team Rocket's disguises are terrible and you can tell it's them. But, that's for the viewer (as stated by staff). In universe the disguises are perfect. He could look exactly like Gammamon in universe but for the viewer it's made obvious
Yeah I like this reasoning.

Also, if in Ghost Game we can have an ExTyranomon to perform Black Matter to turn human and digimon into dolls, the first time in history, then we may expect this species of Betsumon can disguise perfectly.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does make sense. A new ED already? Did we get that fast last time. ...Wait. I mean... Appmon. Adventure Re had that happen. I figure there's a 50/50 chance Betsumon is getting offed.

dlewis53

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

...I honestly am not a fan of that kind of thing; it makes the characters in-universe look stupid and treats the audience as if they're stupid and wouldn't be able to tell who's who. I admit I didn't know that regarding Team Rocket, but that doesn't change how stupid it feels.

I'd much rather prefer the earlier suggestion of a glamour spell sort of deal, where Betsumon appears like a completely normal Gammamon to everyone else except Gammamon, and maybe we can have a shot from Hiro's perspective to demonstrate this.

BKF

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm intrigued by all this teasing for the next episode as they never released an official promotion for an episode before! then one of the main cast promotes the episode telling us that "it can't be missed" !
I wonder if they're gonna unveil one of the main mysteries like Gammamon's past or what Gulus is after, or wether the episode would directly kick off the main plot.

I don't know how I can be patient until next Saturday!!

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the reason this episode might be so promoted is due to it being a tie-in to the digimon anniversary, in some form, instead of it being an important landmark for the Ghost Game plot, specifically. Although I suppose you could say we kind of already had that with Zubamon appearing in this episode as a digimon from the previous big landmark anniversary.

Unless they do intend to go pretty dark with it by playing on the most disturbing aspects of the doppelganger idea, and Betsumon is a perfect-level, which I recall some people involved in the show wanted to try to make the horror aspect more intense based on the digimon levels in the episode (not that this has been kept consistent at all, and not that I mind, really).

Otherwise I am expecting an episode that plays more or less straight up to the point Betsumon is revealed, where then it will go very silly.

On the doppelganger note, I saw the Betsumon poster yesterday, and today while watching the episode I forgot completely. So when I saw the preview I wondered if we would have a Renamon using Kohenkyo, playing on it's kitsune inspiration. Next time, I guess.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GulusGamamon is also the only one of Gamamon's evolutions that has not yet evolved into Canoweissmon. Could be something like Gammamon is upset at being replaced, eventually he dark digivolves into Gulus, Hiro somehow snaps out of it, he and Gulus finally come to an understanding, allowing Gulus to evolve to Canoweissmon.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think one of two things is going to happen.

1. Plot moves forward with the "Black Recolor Digimon" contacting Gammamon at his lowest and Espimon possibly showing up as well.

2. GulusGammamon Evolves into a Dark Perfect Form.

In any case I fully expect GulusGammon to show up towards the end and either Massacre the Betsumon (as it was stated in the synopsis the lead one replacing Gammamon wants to replace everyone in the dorm with his "gang" or just put the fear of Yggdrasil (play on fear of God) into them by showing just what they were messing with.

The other two parts are just speculation as to what could happen, GulusGammamon showing up is practically a given here and it only remains to be seen if Hiro can convince him not to kill all of the Betsumon.