Preview for Digimon Ghost Game Episode 2

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that Clockmon was forced to release all the stored time due to Gammamon's attack and decided not to keep fighting shows that he did take enough damage.

You know, it got me thinking, it's weird. Why Clockmon released in Gecko Moria's Shadows Asgard style instead of Tamers style? Well Gammamon's Break-Claw attack had charged shot. It only made him cough out all stored Time energy. Did it damage Clockmon enough? No just few broken parts of its Minute Pointer. He seemed fine after took on Break-Claw. He had to flee because his plan got revealed and ruined. I'm positive Clockmon didn't have any offensive attacks that could delete a Child level?

I really find it very confusing about how you believed Clockmon just got stomach punched and decided its fate sealed just because of that powered up Break-Claw of Gammamon's?

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that Clockmon was forced to release all the stored time due to Gammamon's attack and decided not to keep fighting shows that he did take enough damage.

You know, it got me thinking, it's weird. Why Clockmon released in Gecko Moria's Shadows Asgard style instead of Tamers style? Well Gammamon's Break-Claw attack had charged shot. It only made him cough out all stored Time energy. Did it damage Clockmon enough? No just few broken parts of its Minute Pointer. He seemed fine after took on Break-Claw. He had to flee because his plan got revealed and ruined. I'm positive Clockmon didn't have any offensive attacks that could delete a Child level?

I really find it very confusing about how you believed Clockmon just got stomach punched and decided its fate sealed just because of that powered up Break-Claw of Gammamon's?
Clockmon took damage, enough to opt for retreating instead of continuing to fight. That's how the show portrayed it. End of story.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some lower level digimon can defeat higher level digimon in a fight. That's been the case since V-Dramon, a digimon that debuted in 1998. Some digimon profiles even emphasize this thing.

Gammamon didn't fight Clockmon alone, and Clockmon wasn't killed. He escaped. He lost the battle but he still had pretty much power to run away.

About eps 2, I hope Mummymon shows his power as necromancer.

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think Gammamon driving off Clockmon is enough to put him in the stronger than his Level category. If he had deleted Clockmon it would be another story.

But one possibility that came to mind is that Digimon in "hologram mode" aren't fully powered. That would certainly help with Mummymon next episode and an eventual Clockmon rematch (in the Digital World, maybe?).

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimon who are energized through a Digivice are pretty crazy in power, they're certainly more powerful than normal digimon of their level. I can easily see a digimon receiving power through a Digivice defeat a regular digimon one level higher, although it would definitely come with quite a bit of difficulty. The Adventure: 2020 Digivices in particular seem extremely overpowered, I wonder how the Digivice V will compare.

tl;dr I don't think it's literally Gammamon being stronger than his level, simply a Digivice channeling a lot of extra power into him like we see in most Digimon animes

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, what Gammamon did to Clockmon wasn't big blow. Clockmon didn't collapse. He even told Gammamon to come back to take Gammamon's "time".

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some lower level digimon can defeat higher level digimon in a fight. That's been the case since V-Dramon, a digimon that debuted in 1998. Some digimon profiles even emphasize this thing.

Gammamon didn't fight Clockmon alone, and Clockmon wasn't killed. He escaped. He lost the battle but he still had pretty much power to run away.

About eps 2, I hope Mummymon shows his power as necromancer.
He isnt going to show anything, the main character is gonna hurt him and he would run away so people can start speculating how powerfull gammamon is by hurting coward digimons that run away after taking any damage instead of fight.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clockmon took damage, enough to opt for retreating instead of continuing to fight. That's how the show portrayed it. End of story.
I think trying to reduce the result down to physical damage is an incredibly simplistic analysis of the situation.

Gammmamon managed to score a hit after Clockmon saw main ability had been counteracted and he saw a glimpse of GrusGammamon which really freaked him out.
He has in that moment probably no idea what he's actually dealing with, if perhaps Gammamon could evolve at any moment if pushed further. It doesn't really matter if that's actually the case or not.
Rather than talking about the abstract chance of victory, we should ask ourselves if it makes sense for the character to accept the risk of fighting from their perspective. People also like to forget that characters within the story don't act with perfect knowledge about the situation and may assess risk incorrectly.
The point is, now that the weakness of his ability is exposed (and it's potentially disabled from having his clock broken), Clockmon just isn't going to get Hiro's time at that point and that was his entire motivation.
And I don't think he would continue to fight recklessly because we saw him retreat before, when Hiro was with other people... even though it's hard to imagine that any adult human would pose much of a threat.
Regardless of the reason for this behavior, this adds another layer of pressure to the situation. With Clockmon being very peculiar about his victims remaining isolated, every second that he draws out that fight in the open, even if he might come up on top eventually, he increases the risk of drawing attention to himself.

And it looks like the second episode could be a similar situation, but in any case it would be nice if Mummymon showed off some necromancy, although I could imagine that the episode might just focus on the mummy part. It also seems like Ruri will be at the museum so it's likely that this will introduce her to the existence Digimon.
I just wonder how the show will deal with her social media angle... would she immediately try to get the word about Digimon out into the open, or maybe she'll still act as if she's investigating "normal" urban legends even after figuring out the truth. Actually thinking about ti, I don't think there would be much sense in hiding it since just from an in-universe perspective, claims about Digimon and "Hologram Ghosts" would both seem equally ridiculous.

komeyria55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i didn't understand story line

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did any one else notice then non burial prepared mummies in the diplay case. That make me think they are mummymon's victims, which if they are that means what he does to people is irreversible, which would take the darkness of this season to a much higher level right off the bat. I mean how horrific what clockmon did to those kids was pulled back some when they regained their youth when he was beaten. But in this case It looks like they actually died which is really F@#ked up if that's the case. I would say that's probably to dark for children, and I now feel this season will never be dubbed because let's face it the only market for digimon in America is children and they could never edit or sensor this enough for air.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, Gammamon did fight off a champion despite being a rookie. It seems like despite his size, Gammamon is fairly powerful for his level

Is it just me or almost everyone believed Gammamon is really strong Child? It doesn't seem that way to me. Gammamon was fighting recklessly and he instantly got done in as Clockmon's hammer hit him. He was saved by his brother and the time drain got interrupted (Weirdly the victims got drained out of Clockmon's time powers which it always shown their future selves in some kind of TV screen yet this Gammamon it was only shown his dark evo instead why specifically stop that at this level instead of showing all the way to his final form? Although this final form did showed but it's hard to judge.)
Oh only Gammamon broke Clockmon's Minute pointer and Clockmon simply got spooked by his "Oh so evil!" energy. That's it. Clockmon survived and escaped. Not even a single of sign on his "damaged" hit area besides the broken Minute pointer.
I think it may be that, in the anime, Digimon are not typically depicted as having a natural lifespan whereas humans do. Since Digimon may live many times longer than humans do, that could be why Clockmon's attack only showed one of Gammamon Adult forms. In addition, the V-pets typically treat Adults as the final "natural" stage, whereas the higher ones need battles or something else that doesn't rely solely on basic biology (i.e just eating so they don't starve) so they may have taken some inspiration from that.