Precious GEM Imperialdramon: Dragon Mode Figure- Pre-Order Details and More Images

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Almost time for another figure pre-order!

After Megahobby gave us a preview earlier today, Premium Bandai has jumped in by putting up their pre-order page.

Imperialdramon: Dragon Mode is the first Precious GEM for Digimon Adventure 02 (outside of BlackWarGreymon, which was a repaint of the existing BlackWarGreymon mold) and is a rather striking looking figure, not to mention massive.

They note the amount of effort spent in modeling elements like the wings, claws, fangs, to the cannon on the back of Imperialdramon was to make the figure look like it was full of rich visual elements.

The figure has tons of details from nearly every angle.

This one is rather massive...

It's listed as being about 13.8 inches tall and 21.7 inches from front to back, making the figure rather big.

The figure shown next to the Omegamon Precious GEM in an image with some artistic flourish added to it for effect.

They mention it being a big figure that doesn't lose a match even when lined up with the massive Omegamon figure.

Pre-orders are open at Premium Bandai! It costs 22,000 yen (Tax included) It's scheduled to ship in February 2021. Additional store links will be added when available. They also note that a limited number of these will be sold and pre-orders may close earlier than expected.

Update- Pre-orders are open.

We will update if/when the Crunchyroll store opens pre-orders for those outside of Japan. Based on where you live you probably want to check with your local figure ships that have stocked prior releases.

It's an expensive one, but really nice looking. This is one where even people who have the money might have to worry more about the space to display such a large grand figure.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer
DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

Last edited:

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The level of detail here is something else. Just look at the taut tendons in its neck for goodness' sake. The texture of its wings is really nice too.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*whistles* That's a beautiful figure, the amount of details they put into it really shine and its easily among my favorite of the models.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pre-orders are open.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Curiously, Imperialdramon's belly is barely shown fully. I wonder if it's really muscular or fatty.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like WereGarurumon/with or without the tail, Birdramon's wattle, etc?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like WereGarurumon/with or without the tail, Birdramon's wattle, etc?
That's a different situation. Those are actual design differences. You don't just simply lose a limb or bodypart because the degree of details is different.

Muscle definition is more along the lines of "veins or no veins". It's a matter of less-detailed or more-detailed.

withfirewithin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How and where are other people from the US ordering from? I have checked Nippon Yassan and Nin-Nin Games but their shipping prices range from $40-$170! Are there any better options for obtaining this figure in the US?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How and where are other people from the US ordering from? I have checked Nippon Yassan and Nin-Nin Games but their shipping prices range from $40-$170! Are there any better options for obtaining this figure in the US?
Wait until a US dealer, ala Crunchyroll Store, has it to pre-order, which likely won't be a long wait, order from them.

It'll be a later shipment, likely closer to April or May, rather than February, but the shipping cost won't require intermediaries or overseas shipping (CR even does free shipping over a certain price, so you likely will avoid that entirely.)

Neo ArchAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait until a US dealer, ala Crunchyroll Store, has it to pre-order, which likely won't be a long wait, order from them.

It'll be a later shipment, likely closer to April or May, rather than February, but the shipping cost won't require intermediaries or overseas shipping (CR even does free shipping over a certain price, so you likely will avoid that entirely.)
How do CR preorders work... upfront payment or payment when it’s it’s ready to ship?