Precious GEM Angemon Full Color Prototype Images & Release Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We haven't heard much of this since last year, but we have full color prototype images for Precious GEM Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Angemon from a page in the most recent Hobby Japan, along with release info!

The figure was announced with artwork during the Memorial Story Project crowdfunding last year, and the last time we saw it was a CGI render a few months later...

It was designed/based off of new artwork by Digimon Adventure character designer Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru and is roughly a foot tall.

In Japan the only way to get it was as one of the rewards for Memorial Story Project, so this is also described as an overseas (outside of Japan) limited edition item.

The MSRP they give is 25,000 yen, (about $230) with a release date of late January 2021.

They refer to the figure as 'The advent of the shining white savior' and show him in the midst of battle, with his hair flowing, how you can see his six wings nearly being in motion, and the impact marks underneath his feet.

It's an amazingly dynamic looking figure, and the price is pretty high (although not nearly the highest we've seen for these.)

With the release in the US and other countries a bit over half a year away, pre-orders should hopefully be opening up soon at various places.

The current issue of Hobby Japan is still available at CDJapan: (affiliate link)
Hobby Japan July 2020 issue

Thanks to whitestar1021 for the image & shin for translation help.

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I don't understand is how this is considered an international release and not Japanese, but everything is in Japanese?

It's a cool looking figure all the same.

Did the third memorial short air? seems like Covid might've delayed it?

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting pose...There's allot going on.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I don't understand is how this is considered an international release and not Japanese, but everything is in Japanese?
I don't know why you would expect an article/feature in a Japanese magazine to be in English.

And of course, the general release of the figure is international only, but the first release is for those who did the crowdfunding.

Did the third memorial short air? seems like Covid might've delayed it?
At no point was it expected for them all to 'air'. We only ever expected 'one' to be viewable outside of the eventual crowdfunding disc based on early comments (at least initially) until Producer Kinoshita mentioned a second would be.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn that's a cool statue. Definitely more dynamic than a lot of the GEM releases. A nice tribute.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
something about this makes it seem to me like it could be a real religious statue. It's very serene and majestic despite being in battle

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The dynamic pose makes it look awesome like it radiates this immense sense of power.

Wishful thinking but I'd really love to see them do a GEM Seraphimon.