Post your unpopular opinions

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Tri Part 5 wasn't terrible. It basically existed to set up the finale, and that's fine.
- I think people get way too hung up over which is the "true" final form of any given Digimon, especially when the franchise has always been built on branching evolutions.
- With that said, I could go either way with Holydramon or Ophanimon for Adventure Tailmon's line and be absolutely fine with it. I lean slightly more towards Holydramon because of the pink colour scheme shared with the Crest of Light, and her continuation of Plotmon and Tailmon's holy beast theme.
- Despite my preference for sub over dub, I actually prefer the dub names for the power levels as that's a link to the old v-pets that's always been retained. But for ease of discussion I use "Perfect" and "Mega" for their respective levels.
- Sora is best girl.
- I've never been one for shipping discussions. But if I'm shown a fan work that happens to feature any given pairing and it makes sense, sure, why not.
- I don't hate the Adventure/02 Epilogue, but a part of me thinks it gets taken way too seriously for what it is.

That's all off the top of my head for now, I might come back with more later.

Astrothunder

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sistermon Ciel > Sistermon Noir. Ciel's design fits better with Blanc than Noir's does.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sistermon Ciel > Sistermon Noir. Ciel's design fits better with Blanc than Noir's does.
If she was supposed to be an evolution sure, but she's supposed to be opposite - in both typing, level and personality, which also includes appearance.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 16x16 sprites are the best. They're iconic, they're cute, and it's really impressive how anyone is able to squeeze those complex designs into such a tiny space, and usually with only two colors.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 16x16 sprites are the best. They're iconic, they're cute, and it's really impressive how anyone is able to squeeze those complex designs into such a tiny space, and usually with only two colors.
I'm thinking they should ditch them and use proper sprites, or even models

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure, 02, and Tamers are bad. Frontier is where it starts to get good.

Hunters was great.

The DS games were mediocre. I couldn't get around the difficulty.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure, 02, and Tamers are bad. Frontier is where it starts to get good.

Hunters was great.

The DS games were mediocre. I couldn't get around the difficulty.
Sounds like you didnt grind enough

and why did you see more if you thought the entire first three seasons suck lol

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure we need a rebuttal to every post.

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Tri Part 5 wasn't terrible. It basically existed to set up the finale, and that's fine.
- I think people get way too hung up over which is the "true" final form of any given Digimon, especially when the franchise has always been built on branching evolutions.
- With that said, I could go either way with Holydramon or Ophanimon for Adventure Tailmon's line and be absolutely fine with it. I lean slightly more towards Holydramon because of the pink colour scheme shared with the Crest of Light, and her continuation of Plotmon and Tailmon's holy beast theme.
- Despite my preference for sub over dub, I actually prefer the dub names for the power levels as that's a link to the old v-pets that's always been retained. But for ease of discussion I use "Perfect" and "Mega" for their respective levels.
- Sora is best girl.
- I've never been one for shipping discussions. But if I'm shown a fan work that happens to feature any given pairing and it makes sense, sure, why not.
- I don't hate the Adventure/02 Epilogue, but a part of me thinks it gets taken way too seriously for what it is.

That's all off the top of my head for now, I might come back with more later.
Sora being the Best girl isn't unpopular enough tbh

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Sora and Kari are pretty popular amongst fans while Mimi and Yolei aren't loved as much.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny since Yolei is my favorite. But you'd almost figure Mimi would be popular.

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll add another unpopular opinion of mine: I don't like all the romance shippings between digidestined/tamers/human protagonists, it is just not type of anime Digimon produces

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll add another unpopular opinion of mine: I don't like all the romance shippings between digidestined/tamers/human protagonists, it is just not type of anime Digimon produces
i get what you but there are canon ships and fanservice shipteases especially in tri and appmon, so yeah digimon gives some service for shippers

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the canon ships (save for Tamers with Ryo/Rika) but I agree, romance can be a bit overrated in fanfiction at least. It's why I prefer action-focused fanfics.

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny since Yolei is my favorite. But you'd almost figure Mimi would be popular.
Mimi is popular though, i even heard she is more popular than sora in japan,
i think the best girl is Eri with the second best being juri, now these are unpopular xD (Though Eri being unpopular has got to do more with not many people watching appmon.)

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. We need an American release for Appmon. It could fit on Disney if they don't edit it much.

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this is considered unpopular but I don't like Takeru as much as the other 02 characters. I don't hate him but he's not one of my favorites.

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Yolei deserves the egg of wisdo mand cody deservse the egg of love. That's all