Post your unpopular opinions

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i'll list a few
imperialdramon dragon mode is better than paladin mode
tagiru is overly hated i need to rewatch hunters to judge him properly but i still think he's not as bad as people make him to be
frontier is actually better than a lot of seasons(better than 02,savers,xros.)
Appmon is one of my favorite series
juri is one of my favorite characters, i wish she and leomon got more focus before the famous event happened
i hate takato x ruki, actually i dislike all the main boy x main girl parings
mikemon is best catlike digimon and should appear in games and anime
chika and piyomon should've become a part of the team
same with ai in appmon
culumon should've gotten an evolution

Last edited:

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's hard to say what's unpopular but:

I think Season 2 was actually really good despite how messy it was in places.
I don't mind episodic structure as long as it's entertaining.
That might be why I think Young Hunter's is alright too.

I prefer World style games over Story style games.
Though I think it's better there are more Story games so the World games don't lose their lustre.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The dub is fine and without the dub, the franchise wouldn't be where it's at today and arguably might not even exist any more

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is unpopular to not show X-antibody Digimon in an anime series ( not in a movie ) until season 7 when they show Dracmon. They did not even show his true Digivolution into Sangloupmon, but give him Yakasmon.

Also, did not show Dorumon DigiMemory. It is like they try their best not to show X-antibody Digimon. Now they are shoving them to us.

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The dub is fine and without the dub, the franchise wouldn't be where it's at today and arguably might not even exist any more
I doubt that since they care more about japanese fandom's opinions rather than abroad most of us don't even buy anything

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I doubt that since they care more about japanese fandom's opinions rather than abroad most of us don't even buy anything
I mean, Habu literally said they sell/make three times more money outside Japan. Japan is a small country

Then you have Habu stating he focuses on western fans for his games after the success of Cyber Sleuth which is why the PSV has been ditched

It is unpopular to not show X-antibody Digimon in an anime series ( not in a movie ) until season 7 when they show Dracmon. They did not even show his true Digivolution into Sangloupmon, but give him Yakasmon.

Also, did not show Dorumon DigiMemory. It is like they try their best not to show X-antibody Digimon. Now they are shoving them to us.
Well... Samudramon, Grademon and Volcdramon also show up

Last edited:

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They did show up, but they were not part of Kudou, Aomuna or Nene's partner.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is unpopular to not show X-antibody Digimon in an anime series ( not in a movie ) until season 7 when they show Dracmon. They did not even show his true Digivolution into Sangloupmon, but give him Yakasmon. Also, did not show Dorumon DigiMemory. It is like they try their best not to show X-antibody Digimon. Now they are shoving them to us.
They did show up, but they were not part of Kudou, Aomuna or Nene's partner.
They're probably part of X7F Suprier Mode, so technically are lol.You didn't specify "partner" in your original post, though. And they aren't intentionally being all "lolnoxpartners", they go with who's cool And the "X forms" that aren't, well... "____ X", tbh, in the "greater canon" don't matter and is just flavour text. Random "X antibody" has just as much chance of being a partner as "random rookie" does

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
02 is great.

Dub>sub

I thought "Machine-DRAY-mon" was a fine pronunciation.

(kidding, I'm not a monster.)

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my unpopular opinion? well then...

1. While modern digimon games are better received in public (cyber sleuth, next 0rder, hacker's memory) especially in western critic reviews, the gameplay gets more superficial. So yeah, Cyber Sleuth had a pretty plain gameplay, without its story aspect, it's basically something 5/10.
2. X Evolution is the best digimon movie ever
3. Digimon World 2 is a pretty good game
4. World 1 >>>>>>> Re:Digi, Decode, and Next 0rder

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It being simple was the point. The box of CS even says "classic turned based battles!" And them being that way is why theyre liked as it allows anyone to play.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
being simple doesn't always mean plain gameplay, dragon quest is one of simple JRPG while being classic but can also giving exhilarating gameplay experience throughout the players. Also, it's not only the battle system where Cyber Sleuth had fault for being superficial. Exploration, dungeon design, and quest structure are also aspects that made it pure plain without the story aspect.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Habu literally said they sell/make three times more money outside Japan.
That applies only to that handful of games; Expanding it to apply to the entire rest of the franchise doesn't work.

With anyone who's not a X-subspecies of something else, you could argue that it's not even guaranteed that they are even X-antibody carriers in that particular continuity. It's not too hard to see why X-antibody Digimon they have a very specific and clunky part of Digimon lore inherently associated with their existence that would be annoying to incorporate into those various continuities and doing this (or taking the alternative of coming up with a new reason for X-antibodies to exist) might just not be worth the effort just to have a few X-Digimon showing up in minor roles.

It being simple was the point. The box of CS even says "classic turned based battles!" And them being that way is why theyre liked as it allows anyone to play.
If everyone started taking random marketing blurbs from game packages seriously every game ever released would be the best game ever.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also like Tagiru, I think they portrayed him pretty well (a kid that first thinks about himself, and then maybe about others). Find me a kid that thinks about others and doesn't think what they will gain from helping others, then I will admit that I'm wrong.

Appmons might be my most favourite Digimon series.

From the other hand I like Savers the least because the first episodes were Digimon of the week and they were pretty meh, and main characters (especially Masaru) were dreadful.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also like Tagiru, I think they portrayed him pretty well (a kid that first thinks about himself, and then maybe about others). Find me a kid that thinks about others and doesn't think what they will gain from helping others, then I will admit that I'm wrong.

Appmons might be my most favourite Digimon series.

From the other hand I like Savers the least because the first episodes were Digimon of the week and they were pretty meh, and main characters (especially Masaru) were dreadful.
Almost every long running digimon series for the first arc is always about mon of the week. So your argument doesn't really make sense about that.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost every long running digimon series for the first arc is always about mon of the week. So your argument doesn't really make sense about that.
This is why this is an unpopular opinion :p

Savers' mon of the week were pretty boring, some other series at least tried to make that part of the episode somehow watchable like making the episode funny or by providing some background. But not Savers.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is why this is an unpopular opinion :p

Savers' mon of the week were pretty boring, some other series at least tried to make that part of the episode somehow watchable like making the episode funny or by providing some background. But not Savers.
I dunno, that Soulmon taking what Kristy said literally and then trying to kill him with boats and such was pretty funny

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon would have been better if there was no ultimate level like the original vpets and world 1.

Shakkoumon is a great design.

Astrothunder

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If everyone started taking random marketing blurbs from game packages seriously every game ever released would be the best game ever.
IDK if you've played the Cyber Sleuth games, but that blurb is actually an accurate description of the gameplay. They're both classic turn-based JRPGs.

While the Cyber Sleuth series does have its flaws, I don't agree that the games are "plain" by any stretch of the imagination. Pokémon Let's Go is plain. In comparison, Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory have good stories, great characters (especially the first game) and plenty of content.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Savers and Frontier should be treated better than what the current treatment from the fandom.
I like Savers artstyle the best because Adventure thru Frontier suffer from "noodle arm" syndrome, while Xros Wars has artstyle jump from time to time and they often made characters like shining porcelain, and Tri's face design still somewhat make it hard to differentiate characters, Appmon obviously the close second.
I still hope that someday Xros Wars will be continued because Hunters' ending just demands more.
I'm still hoping XW get movie or CD drama.
I'd love to get ShineGreymon-MirageGaogamon jogress even if it'll end as another Omegamon clone.
OmegamonMM isn't a literal jogress of Omegamon with 6 ultimates, rather the 6 ultimates was giving power to Omegamon ala ImperialdramonDM to FM.
Holydramon appearing in Tri was a mistake.
Plesiomon should be Gomamon's ultimate in Tri so we might have a chance to see Aegisdramon in Digimon Adventure 20th anniversary project.
Zero two's epilogue as anime will be more interesting than DA20th anniversary project.
Kamemon-line and PawnChessmons-line was forgotten and should make appearance in newer Digimon game past 2011 (last one was like Super Xros Wars maybe? I don't really count Jintrix, heroes, or any card game genre).
We need to stop over-saturating digimon leaders with red digivice. Next new series (non-adventure) should have the leader has other color, like green or yellow.
People should stop always quoting Renamon on the topic of Digimon genders because Digimon is a multiverse series that has different rules for different universe. Oh and male Sakuyamon was awesome because his sole existence might mindfuck some people.
Pinocchimon's death doesn't sadden me, in fact, MetalGarurumon OHKOing it with barely any problem was awesome.
Royal Knights arc in Frontier was kind of refreshing, i mean, it was quite rare for the protagonist to be treated like Team Rocket. Seeing their growth in trascendent form was amusing and when they finally able to beat RK was satisfying.