Possible to edit digivice data?

manueleaf

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey I'm new here, was wondering if there's a way to edit the digivice data in any kind of way. By any kind of way i mean even if it includes soldering.
Any kind of info would be useful.

xSHiNOx

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
unless you know how to program with specific tools and the use of the circuit board of said device, then no it isn't possible by normal means. you probably could solder on a replacement screen from a older digivice to the other one. same goes for the speaker. there's a topic about adding backlight to the 20th anniversary v-pet.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if any of the newer devices are technically reprogrammable, you'd have a lot of work ahead figuring out what's going on with them before you could even start. They are very likely to be copy-protected, so then you'd be starting over with a new program.

You could make your own PCB and put it into a Digivice shell. You'd probably need to analyze the LCD signals to program your own microcontroller to drive the screen. And all those LCD connections would make the board pretty painful to solder by hand. ... So it might be a good idea to replace the screen too, with something the same size, proper documentation, and maybe an interface with fewer pins :)

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m honestly shocked we haven’t had an in-universe human character try and do more with that concept. Koushiro studied it, but never really tried reprogramming it.

Drac0rex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Currently I have not been able to get ahold of source code for any digimon vpet/digivice, so it'd require some reverse engineering! If all you're trying to do is get a particular character or evolution, it'd probably just be easier to actually achieve it in game :/

digivicemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It might be possible to edit and add new things but if only Bandai provide us the source code of the Digivice. After that just replace the original source code inside the board with the modded one maybe ??

Inklog

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi guys! I'm new here but I found interesting this discussion. Actually no-one can modify the actual code inside the digivice, the only thing u can do are the mod described by xSHiNOx or trick the transmission data pin to get other objects on digivice accel. But I'm here because I can answer the primary questions behind "Possible to edit digivice data?" that I think it's: "Possible to get my real own digivice with my own digital partner?". So if the question is the second I can answer you "Yes, it's possible, and I can made it."

manueleaf

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sorry everyone, i really forgot i even posted here 😅. truth is i wanted to add digimon to my digivice 15th anniversary but never found anything to help me do that... So instead i'm making my own compendium digivice, i extracted the data from the digivice ver. portable from psp and i'm making right now a digivice with all the digimons that have been included on the prior digivices (From the digivice to the D-ark) So i'm trying to get animations and stuff, right now i have the basic menu, steps (even though you add them pressing space bar right now), clock, and the 8 basic digimons. Still no digivolution added tho. At first i'm trying it on pc and later i think of compiling it on arduino so i can make my own.