Poll Results for Which Digimon Do You Think is the Smartest?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A bit ago, the official Digimon site put up a poll for people to vote for which Digimon they thought was the smartest. (To celebrate the Nobel Prize.)

Recently the poll closed and we have the results!

The poll question was...
Which Digimon do you think is the smartest'?

The results they gave were the top 20 results. Due to some ties we get a bit more than 20. They mentioned that the awards for chemistry and physics were given out recently.

Number 1 was AncientWisemon, whom they note was one of the ten ancient warrior Digimon that saved the ancient Digital World.

They mention that "As for other Digimon and why they were voted, if you look them up in the reference book, you might discover new and interesting things."

Number 2 was Wisemon.

Number 3 was Nanomon.

Number 4 was Agumon Hakase.

Number 5 was Tentomon.

Number 6 was Duftmon.

Number 7 was a tie between Ebemon and Bagramon.

Number 9 was a tie between Mugendramon and Rasielmon.

Number 11 was Wizarmon.

Number 12 was a tie between Jijimon, Shakamon, Vademon, and Lucemon X

Number 16 was a tie between Alphamon, Omegamon, and Lucemon.

Number 19 was a tie between Seraphimon and Numemon.

Another one with interesting choices. Most of them are expected, with a few surprises popping up.

The current poll is "Choose Your Favorite Pendulum Z Group"

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't think AncientWisemon would be anywhere near as I thought people would be more familiar with regular Wisemon - so fair play fan base.

Surprised to see Datamon.

Agumon Expert in third is nice, but now I'm sad Terriermon Assitant is no where to be found.

Numemon seems like meme votes.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
everything up to Machinedramon, Jijimon, Shakamon, Vademon, and Lucemon X are all really amazing choices! My faith in this fanbase has been returned as these poll results just look really good compared to some previous ones ("Which Digimon in the Strongest?" is one I remember being pretty bad)

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, this is honestly really good. Most of the results are ones that are well thought out, with only a few eye-rolling choices. I do get a certain perverse delight from Numemon edging in as a joke option near the end too.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
AncientWisemon and Wisemon being 1# and 2# is something I expected.

But c'mon Mugendramon?! He is just a destruction machine! But I gotta admit how he operates his armies of Tankmon, Mechanorimon, Megadramon, Gigadramon and Hagurumon is SCARIER for a tacitican to seek and destroy enemies.

Numeon. WTF? Just wut? What the Hades?

Surprised to see alien digimons got votes... But I didn't expect Jijimon and Alphamon/Omegamon. I suppose Jijimon is the experienced one but only limited to his home.... And relies on Taomon and others to gather intel. Alphamon and Omegamon I guess I suppose it must be from Cyber Sleuth? No?

Tentomon... Really? In that case he should speak like the guide but I seriously doubt it...

Shocked to see more ties.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But c'mon Mugendramon?! He is just a destruction machine!
Machinedramon's profile said:
Its power is at a level that would overwhelm other Digimon, and it possesses an intellect which boasts incomparable throughput, but it is a purely mechanical Digimon which does not share their self-will
it's extremely smart in order to aid it as a destruction machine but most likely struggles with creative thought and can probably only think in a literal manner.
Tentomon is only here because of Izzy even though it's not usually Tentomon himself being a technological genius like Izzy is

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised to see Datamon.
You and me both! As a fan of the original V-Pet V (Datamon's home v-pet) I actually feel really stupid I never thought about that myself.

I'm not surprised to see Numemon. I am surprised he is so low on the list. The guy protected all of France in Last Evolution on his own. That takes some crazy tactical skills. (I'm only partly sarcastic here)

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But c'mon Mugendramon?! He is just a destruction machine! But I gotta admit how he operates his armies of Tankmon, Mechanorimon, Megadramon, Gigadramon and Hagurumon is SCARIER for a tacitican to seek and destroy enemies.
His profile literally says that "it possesses an intellect which boasts incomparable throughput", only that it does not have a free will.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tentomon is only here because of Izzy even though it's not usually Tentomon himself being a technological genius like Izzy is
He might be the smartest of all the anime partner Digimon? I can only really think that maybe Tamer’s Renamon as his only competition in that regard.

It’s funny though since the games try to localize his Osakan accent as him being a redneck bumpkin.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He might be the smartest of all the anime partner Digimon? I can only really think that maybe Tamer’s Renamon as his only competition in that regard.

It’s funny though since the games try to localize his Osakan accent as him being a redneck bumpkin.
That's what is pretty much accepted as a standard for kansai accents in the localisation of anime and games, the character sounding like a cowboy/brooklyn accent. Joey Wheeler in Yugioh and Labrys from Persona for example.

Anyway Tentomon is the Crest of Knowledge Digimon.

Mon-Ohma

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised Infermon didn't make the list. :p

Nagatem

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon is far lower then I’d have thought considering he kinda ruled over the digital world as a wise ruler before his fall from grace, you have to be a real big brain to rule an entire world, or be STRONK, but in his case both XD

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While Numemon is the odd part, the rest make a lot of sense. Pretty obvious.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mugendramon's official profile always make me forget because he is often shown crazed destruction beast machine in every appearance.

Surprised Bokomon didn't make it?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised Bokomon didn't make it?
It's still ultimately a poll, hence a popularity contest. No one questions that Bokomon is probably at least smarter than a Numemon, but evidently his popularity isn't enough to overcome the Numemon meme choice (or Numemon's just more popular than him, either works).