Poll Results for Favorite Royal Knight

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A bit ago, the official Digimon site put up a poll for people to vote for their favorite Royal Knight.

About a week ago the poll closed and we have the results!

The poll question was...
What is your favorite Digimon among the Royal Knights?

The results they gave were the placement for all 13, and at the bottom we have the percentages.

Number 1, to minimal surprise, is Omegamon.

Number 2 was Dukemon.

Number 3 was Alphamon.

Number 4 was ULForceV-dramon.

Number 5 was Magnamon.

Number 6 was Jesmon.

Number 7 was Examon

Number 8 was Gankoomon.

Number 9 was RhodoKnightmon.

Number 10 was Dynasmon.

Number 11 was Sleipmon.

Number 12 was Craniummon.

Number 13 was Duftmon.

And the breakdown of the results (using the machine translation from Digimon Web.)

Omegamon- 21.1%
Dukemon (Gallantmon)- 15.9%
Alphamon- 13.2%
ULForceVeedramon- 10.9%
Magnamon- 9.1%
Jesmon- 7.9%
Examon- 6.6%
Gankoomon- 3.4%
RhodoKnightmon (Road Knightmon)- 2.9%
Dynasmon- 2.8%
Sleipmon (Kentaurosmon)- 2.4%
Craniamon- 1.9%
Duftmon (Leopardmon)- 1.8%

Not super shocking results this time overall.

The current poll is which child Digimon do you want to adventure with?

Attachments

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Always omegamon :| I thought jesmon would be a bit higher. But i agree with most.

Jordan171998

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dang, Sleipmon got 11th XD I picked that one

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*pretends to be surprised*

I'm actually surprised Gankoomon was so high and Leopard/Crania were so low.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Annoyed to see Dynasmon, the laziest one, so high. At least Zero placed well.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Top 6 is no surprise, Omegamon is one of the most iconic Digimon in the franchise, Gallantmon is just behind him, and the other four are major recurring faces with very popular and notable roles. The only minor difference I could see would be Jesmon beating Magnamon, but even then he had a number of notable nostalgic moments for fans to latch on to.

As for the others, I'm a little surprised Examon beat the rest. He's arguably the least utilized of the remaining bunch since I can name more notable roles for the rest, and he had some negativity back when he was first introduced, yet he snagged 7th by a large amount. Not complaining though, I'm happy the big dragon got some love.

Last edited:

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Called the first 4 spots the moment this poll was announced. Magnamon at 5 and Jesmon at 6 are also completely expected.

The true "surprises" come from 7 to 13. I would have expected LordKnightmon to be right behind Jesmon, but it's Examon and by quite a big ammount. I guess people can't resist a dragon, much less an emperor of dragons. That, or far more people are aware of the Battle Terminal 02 story than I thought. Then it's Gankoomon, who's probably there for the same reason Jesmon is at 6.

Then we've got LordKnightmon and Dynasmon with pretty much the same votes, which makes me wonder if LordKnightmon seriously did not get any kind of boost from Cyber Sleuth. And finally Sleipmon, Craniummon and Duftmon. I'm assuming Sleipmon is ahead of the other two because of his less conventional design.

Now that I think about it, Magnamon is the one with the least focus from the top 6, isn't he?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Top 6 is no surprise, Omegamon is one of the most iconic Digimon in the franchise, Gallantmon is just behind him, and the other four are major recurring faces with very popular and notable roles. The only minor difference I could see would be Jesmon beating Magnamon, but even then he had a number of notable nostalgic moments for fans to latch on to.

As for the others, I'm a little surprised Examon beat the rest. He's arguably the least utilized of the remaining bunch since I can name more notable roles for the rest, and he had some negativity back when he was first introduced, yet he snagged 7th by a large amount. Not complaining though, I'm happy the big dragon got some love.
Examon was in the anime as a good guy tbf (even if only a few appearances), so that could've given him the push over someone like Leopardmon who was evil in Data Squad. As much as it annoys me, the anime makes you more mainstream than any roles in a video game. It's why I was surprised to see Gankoomon so high since he's yet to feature in the anime.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, Examon and Gankoomon not being just armored guys might have been a factor on why they're rating higher than everyone other than the anime protagonists bunch (yes, I consider Jesmon an anime protagonist, that's basically his entire concept).

Let me live in a fantasy world where designs matter, please.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Examon was in the anime as a good guy tbf (even if only a few appearances), so that could've given him the push over someone like Leopardmon who was evil in Data Squad. As much as it annoys me, the anime makes you more mainstream than any roles in a video game. It's why I was surprised to see Gankoomon so high since he's yet to feature in the anime.
Eh, despite being heroic I'd say Examon's anime appearance was probably the worst of the bunch (ignoring Gankoomon who's had no appearances yet). He only really appeared in two episodes, with his role basically just being a lore dump with not much else to him. Even his most defining trait (his large size) was downplayed in that season, so it was pretty unmemorable.

Granted, Leopardmon was not much better as he was just a glorified MotW, but with that at least he kind of shown off a little of what he could do. Examon could be replaced with Ancientwisemon and it would've been just as effective.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. Omegamon always remains... The strongest one ever! Surprised Alphamon got 3rd place, because I assumed Alphamon got low counts compared to DORUmon and Dorimon got highest votes but I'm so glad!

Only huge surprises are Duftmon being the last even SLEIPMON?! Gankoomon actually is above Dynasmon and LordKnightmon despite being only tutor to Hackmon/Jesmon. Another last surprise is Examon, I thought he had the worst because of Xros for being so not huge sized and derp'ed by Eater in Cyber Sleuth but it's good to see him on the highest spot. He needs more

I still don't get it about Duftmon. Knowing his popularity in the whole internet, he surely score the highest place without a doubt...

I have a bad feeling about Jesmon, even I know Jesmon is OP but he is most likely may overrun Magnamon one day for sure...

I'm saddened by Craniummon's last place. His X form is FREAKING AWESOME. Oh well.

Atbara

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegamon won the poll for the favourite digimon, no suprise he won this one for your favourite royal knight

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gankoomon is basically a meme character since he’s just a stereotypical Japanese dad dialed up to eleven, kind of like Nanimon but as a positive interpretation instead of a criticism. That could be what pushed him up so far despite never appearing in an anime.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, despite being heroic I'd say Examon's anime appearance was probably the worst of the bunch (ignoring Gankoomon who's had no appearances yet). He only really appeared in two episodes, with his role basically just being a lore dump with not much else to him. Even his most defining trait (his large size) was downplayed in that season, so it was pretty unmemorable.
Clearly his popularity spiked after people saw Betsumon's Examon in Hunters.
Seriously though, in Examon's case Cyber Sleuth could be part of the reason even if it didn't help the other featured royal knights.
His arrival in Tokyo was one of the big epic marketing visuals of the game, something that even people who haven't played it could be aware of and within the game itself he was hyped up multiple times as the strongest RK with multiple boss fights and like a third of the story was dedicated to the preparations necessary to fight him.
On the other hand, Duftmon and LordKnightmon were just kind of gloating from the sidelines for most of the story.

Only huge surprises are Duftmon being the last even SLEIPMON?!
Pretty much the expected difference between a single episode heroic anime appearance and a single episode villain anime appearance.
Surprised Alphamon got 3rd place, because I assumed Alphamon got low counts compared to DORUmon and Dorimon got highest votes but I'm so glad!
You realize that those were all separate polls, right?
I still don't get it about Duftmon. Knowing his popularity in the whole internet, he surely score the highest place without a doubt...
...That must have been a different internet.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You realize that those were all separate polls, right?
Fully awake of that different polls. It's just me calculating... Well proved me wrong so hard. In many ways.

Well Duftmon have fan clubs. That's why I was so confident he won't be last. Cuz. Leopard Mode and Tactician.

...Handsomeness too. And... More fan artworks?

Awfully 2nd to 10th are full of Dragon Men. All last places are Sleipmon, Craniummon and Duftmon. Two beast Knight and one Dark Knight that are not Dragon Man types... No wonder!

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ayy, my boi Examon got into seventh place, I'll take that.

The top five don't surprise me but what can you do.

Mon-Ohma

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor ol' Duftmon. If only you were the partner of a lead character. :p

But it goes without saying, anyone who didn't believe Omegamon was going to come first was only fooling themselves. We all just wanted to see who came last.