Poll Results for Favorite Digivice LCD Toy

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonweb_site_january20_2021.jpg

A bit ago, the official Digimon site put up a poll for your favorite Digivice LCD Toy.

Recently the poll closed and we have the results!

And the winner is... the D-Ark!

poll59_d-ark_august29_2022.jpg

Thanks for all your votes!
The LCD toy that got the most votes as the most memorable LCD toy from the anime products was... the D-Ark!

It is the main device from Digimon Tamers. It won first place due to the cool way cards were slashed, and it's fun to play with.

Second place went to the Digivice, which was destined to be carried by the chosen children in the first Digimon Adventure anime, and you could adventure based on the number of steps you took.

Third went to the D-3, which went to Digimon Adventure 02, and was able to communicate with the Wonderswan using the new D-Link communucation system, and was able to use the Digimnetals to evolve into many armor forms.

The LCD toys that appeared in various Digimon anime productions means people have strong emotional attachments to them.

We look forward to seeing what new pages will be added to the history of LCD toys in the future...

poll59_results_august29_2022.png

They gave the full results:
D-Ark- 21%
Digivice- 20%
D-3- 16%
D-Scanner- 12%
Vital Bracelet Digivice V- 11%
Digivice iC- 8%
Digimon Xros Loader- 6%
Digivice Ver. Complete- 5%
Digivice:- 1%

As expected, the various Adventure Digivices split the vote, with the D-Ark jumping ahead. The Digivice V ended up lower than expected based on it being current, widely owned, and a relatively popular device.

The poll for 'Favorite Perfect Level Digimon from Digimon Ghost Game' had results announced recently.

The poll for 'Which Insect Digimon Would You Like to Catch?' is currently open.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 8,420

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad the D-Ark won! It’s easily the second best. I’m so glad and pleasantly surprised that the D-Scanner ranked so high! I thought it would of been near the bottom. This is good it might lead to a D-Scanner Ver. Complete/Anniversary.

Voted for the IC because the IC Burst is God tier. Nothing can beat the IC specially the Burst. So grateful I own them 😭

I’m not surprised at how low the Digivice: ranked but I somehow still feel bad for it.

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's nice to see the D-Scanner so high. Hopefully we get an anniversary v-pet soon enough since the other 3 got one.

It's a little weird the Complete version of the Digivice is so low. Maybe the high price point had something to do with it, but IMHO, it should have been lumped in with the regular Digivice. Also can't really figure out why the 2020 Digivice is last. I know that season is controversial, but I thought the Digivice was pretty cool aside from the lack of connectivity.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's nice to see the D-Scanner so high. Hopefully we get an anniversary v-pet soon enough since the other 3 got one.

It's a little weird the Complete version of the Digivice is so low. Maybe the high price point had something to do with it, but IMHO, it should have been lumped in with the regular Digivice. Also can't really figure out why the 2020 Digivice is last. I know that season is controversial, but I thought the Digivice was pretty cool aside from the lack of connectivity.

It's a niche audience voting for their 'favorite'. The Digivice: was nice, but also mostly reversioned off prior ones. Ditto on the Complete, which is nice, but is functionally just a revised Anniversary model, which is revised off prior ones.

Votes aren't for like/dislike, purely for the one they want to be ranked first.

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I agree. The Digivice Ver. Complete is simply an upgraded version of the Ver. 15 (which was a much needed upgrade to original Digivice Ver. 1 and Ver. 2). They should of all been grouped together. Personally I’m not sure how the poll will be taken in some spots. Since the Ver. Complete is objectively the definitive version of the Digivice. Unless they announce a color version with everything the Ver. Complete had plus more…

I suppose it’ll be used as popularity poll (to gauge potential interest in new products) and not an objectively best poll. I hope the D-Scanner being fourth gives makes it viable for a rerelease. After that they should consider the IC (specially the Burst). The IC is the best, but it’s rare and extremely expensive. Hopefully a rerelease will give more fans the chance to experience it’s greatness.

As for the Digivice:… I loved Digimon Adventure: (even prefer it over the original) and enjoyed the Digivice: toy, however I would still rank it bottom tier.

The problem is it was a rather lack luster Digivice toy. No connectivity (no pvp nor any cool connectivity unlockables), no real gimmicks aside from lighting up, the combat felt extremely RNG reliant (I vaguely remember losing some encounters even though I had type advantage, items, max meter, level, etc. more often than what should be normal), overall very grindy, and personally for me I find it odd how it lacks some sort of clip to carry.

The Digivice: did some great things up until Parrotmon it followed the anime extremely faithfully. The roster was fantastic and the secret unlockables were great! In addition I believe it’s very simple nature and light up sounds makes it a very good children toy.