Poll Results for Favorite Digimon from the Version 2 Digimon V-Pet

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonweb_site_january20_2021.jpg

A bit ago, the official Digimon site put up a poll for your favorite Digimon from the Version 2 Digimon V-Pet.

Recently the poll closed and we have the results!

And the winner is... SkullGreymon!

skullgreymon_february14_2020.jpg

Thanks for all your votes.

THe Digimon that got the most votes as the most memorable Digimon in the Digimon Version 2 was SkullGreymon!

Gabumon came in 2nd, and Angemon in 3rd. The Digimon with memorable appearances in Digimon Adventure as partners topped the list!

However, MetalMamemon came 4th, and with SkullGreymon they've become targets of eahcother with their Perfect forms.

Stay tunes for a Digimon Version 3 poll!

poll61_results_october4_2022.png

They gave the full results:
SkullGreymon- 20%
Gabumon- 14%
Angemon- 14%
MetalMamemon- 11%
Kabuterimon- 10%
Garurumon- 10%
Elecmon- 6%
Whamon- 5%
Yukidarumon- 3%
Birdramon- 3%
Vademon- 2%
Vegimon- 2%

Not shocking results overall.

The poll for 'Which Insect Digimon Would You Like to Catch?' had results announced recently.

The poll for 'Favorite Featured Digimon in Ghost Game 29 through 44' is currently open.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 9,801

Olive

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I voted for Vademon, but I knew he’d never win lol.

Yukidarumon’s low too, dang.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look at that spider web. Seems like Kodogukumon has a nice place to live.

SkullGreymon is the MetalGreymon of V2 (in terms of care mistake) so it's expected.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Geeze didn’t expect Birdramon to place so low although I’ve personally soured on her design as the years go on.

She really doesn’t fit either Piyomon or Garudamon compared to even the other 7 season 1 partners.

Piyomon is this adorable parrot and Garudamon is this regal Native American thunderbird and Birdramon is a raggedy sickly looking phoenix who is also fairly hard to look at since she’s all one color.

I wonder also if 2020’s habit of outright refusing to animate Birdramon for action sequences had anything to do with her lack of popularity?

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not much love for the poop-thrower or its evolution this time around. Gotta say, though, considering how many anime protagonists are in this set, I'm pleasantly surprised to see there wasn't an overwhelming amount of bias in favor of them. In fact, first place even went to the "This evolution is bad and Taichi shouldn't have ever done it!" anti-propagandized version of Greymon, so good on it. My vote for big boy Whamon kinda lies in the lower middle. Probably could've done a bit better, but otherwise, I don't really have much to comment on there.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't expect Garurumon placed with Kabuterimon in same place which I voted Garurumon! Kabuterimon is still the coolest bug digimon! Good for me!

I totally didn't expect SkullGreymon actually got 1st. Always assumed MetalMamemon might win because he has epic design.

Gabumon and Angemon which I never see that coming but it's weird to see those as if they are Yamato and Takeru lol

Birdramon placed last next to Vegimon and Vademon who shares the last place... I think Birdramon might need X Antibody to boost her popularity somehow.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't expect SkullGreymon, guess Agumon gets to win another poll, lol.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s a legit great character design (that I also think should have been retconned into being Ultimate in the pendulum era along with SaberLeomon and Holydramon)

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s a legit great character design (that I also think should have been retconned into being Ultimate in the pendulum era along with SaberLeomon and Holydramon)
I'm guessing Ver. S Digimon were prone to retconning because it was released so close to the debut of the Pendulums, and thus incorporation of the new Ultimate level (same with Hououmon in Digimon World for that matter). Not sure why Whamon got special treatment, though. Maybe they figured that the Perfect level just wasn't all that special anymore, and a massive friggin' whale might as well be worth upgrading to it.

Geeze didn’t expect Birdramon to place so low although I’ve personally soured on her design as the years go on.

She really doesn’t fit either Piyomon or Garudamon compared to even the other 7 season 1 partners.

Piyomon is this adorable parrot and Garudamon is this regal Native American thunderbird and Birdramon is a raggedy sickly looking phoenix who is also fairly hard to look at since she’s all one color.

I wonder also if 2020’s habit of outright refusing to animate Birdramon for action sequences had anything to do with her lack of popularity?
Technically, Birdramon was never part of Piyomon's line to begin with (though it did get a mention in Piyomon's profile, but at the time, it was presented more as an unrealistic alternative to its actual Adult form of Cockatrimon). Garudamon, on the other hand, was introduced with Piyomon in mind, both for the anime and the Pendulum (with Wind Guardians releasing right around the same time Perfect evolutions started coming up in the anime).

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see my boi Angemon up there.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing Ver. S Digimon were prone to retconning because it was released so close to the debut of the Pendulums, and thus incorporation of the new Ultimate level (same with Hououmon in Digimon World for that matter). Not sure why Whamon got special treatment, though. Maybe they figured that the Perfect level just wasn't all that special anymore, and a massive friggin' whale might as well be worth upgrading to it.
I read in an interview with beta pendulum elements that the original plan was for Rukamon to evolve into Shachimon (an orca) but for whatever reason they recycled Whamon’s sprites instead. It’s something that apparently happened a couple times since Monochromon in Nature Spirits was originally a new rhino Digimon.

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

At least this time it was the ‘best’ form. :p

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I read in an interview with beta pendulum elements that the original plan was for Rukamon to evolve into Shachimon (an orca) but for whatever reason they recycled Whamon’s sprites instead. It’s something that apparently happened a couple times since Monochromon in Nature Spirits was originally a new rhino Digimon.
Interesting. Got a link to this?

Also, an orca and a rhino..... were these ideas eventually used for the Armor forms? Or is that just a coincidence?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Also, an orca and a rhino..... were these ideas eventually used for the Armor forms? Or is that just a coincidence?
Just the artwork from the interview:

I still wish that Cherrymon was canon.

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Now those are lost Digimon, the ones who end up in the cutting room floor. Is #2 suppose to be Witchmon? RIP to the angler fish digimon with the sunglasses...

I've managed to find the link: https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/942950451628056577 From the machine translation, the #3 digimon is named "SuperAstromon" which I think that's SuperStarmon's original name or probably a digimon that may have no relation to it at all.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Now those are lost Digimon, the ones who end up in the cutting room floor. Is #2 suppose to be Witchmon? RIP to the angler fish digimon with the sunglasses...

I've managed to find the link: https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/942950451628056577 From the machine translation, the #3 digimon is named "SuperAstromon" which I think that's SuperStarmon's original name or probably a digimon that may have no relation to it at all.
Your machine translation's off. That actually is an unused sprite for SuperStarmon. Also, #2 is a discarded design for Wizarmon.

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Your machine translation's off. That actually is an unused sprite for SuperStarmon. Also, #2 is a discarded design for Wizarmon.
It would turn out like that since it is a machine translation after all. Also, who's #4 suppose to be? I remember a certain plant digimon had a head shape like that in their vpet sprite but I can't remember which one was it.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would turn out like that since it is a machine translation after all. Also, who's #4 suppose to be? I remember a certain plant digimon had a head shape like that in their vpet sprite but I can't remember which one was it.
Floramon had such a sprite.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that makes sense. Poor Birdramon. Seems like she should have got slightly higher.