Pokken Tournament

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg is this real haha.

I feel more hype for this than Digimon All-Stars Rumble. 1v1 fighters are tier games.

wuffusszzz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great, so there's a Tekken style game but not for the monster franchise I was hoping for. Why did Bamco betray Digimon!

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit more information on the game: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...est-characters-its-completely-different-game/

---Is it true that Tekken characters [will] be making guest appearances in Pokemon/Pokken Tournament?

Harada: Ha, ha, ha. Nope, Tekken characters will not be making an appearance.

As we're making a Pokemon fighting action battle game, I've already touched on this while on the livestream, but in this game there will not be a high/mid/low guard system mechanic. Instead, we're planning to include a new type of [mechanic]...

---As it's a fighting game, I'm a little worried that the roster will be full of humanoid-looking Pokemons. I'd rather be surprised with unexpected picks instead.

Harada: That's not a problem at all. Technologically-speaking, we shouldn't face any problems in implementing whatever Pokemon we want. In terms of the system mechanics, we'll be looking at what fans would want, so please rest assured.

---Will Harada-san be making an appearance in the game, as "Harada The Strongest Gym Leader"?

Harada: Well, (laughs) if we did that we'll probably piss off Pokemon fans (but you already knew that, right?!).

---Congrats on making Pokken a reality! And thank you for that! Rather than tweet you a request, today I've got a bit of a query: in Pokken Tournament it seems like Pokemon trainers do not exist? It's not that I'm requesting for them to make an appearance, but rather I'd just like to find out if that's the case.

Harada: Worry not.
So it sounds like there will be some variance outside of just Fighting bipeds, particularly when it comes to fan requests, so that's nice. Not much else to say other then that though since we haven't been given too much else, could be fun, but I'll sit back and watch where they goes with this.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great job Bamco now Digimon all-star rumble is gonna sell even less copies than it was going to.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This looks like absolutely delightful fun, and I hope it gets an international release further down the line. I'm wondering what kind of control scheme it will have though. In light of the fact that it won't have traditional guard mechanics, and may one day come to Wii U, the controls are probably not the standard fightstick layout.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is interesting. While it'll obviously come to the US and other places on home consoles. I hear it won't just be fighting types.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GTLive was right about the reveal being pretty…boring. Maybe Bamco were vouching on both sides being appealed by the trailer: gameplay is at home for Tekken fans, and the characters excite the Pokemon base.

Hopefully it'll look more interesting when actual gameplay footage appears in the future. It'll be hilarious hearing their english voices :p (Unless they throw a curveball and give them legitimate speaking-lines)

DaRedGuy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great job Bamco now Digimon all-star rumble is gonna sell even less copies than it was going to.
Oh for the love of! Digimon all-stars is coming out in later this year, While this game is a time exclusive for japanese arcade in 2015 and we'll probably won't see it outside of japan untill 2016.

Last edited:

Abarekiller

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are many reasons why All-star won't sell that doesn't deal with Pokemon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I in fact, just said that. But yeah. That is pretty much it.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indirectly, it does have to do with Pokémon. Specifically, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Greninja.
???

saifors just means that even though Pokken Tournament may be a reason for All-Star's lack of sales, there are other reasons that are less, more or equally as important.

Which, on a second note, is not what you said earlier, Neo.

By the by, do you have a source for that list, Mackinz? I can't find anything other than a tweet joking there won't be 750 Pokémon in the game.