Pokemon Vs. Digimon Death Battle

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm also surprised that MetalGreymon didn't appear when Boomstick said that it's his favorite form. One would think that he'd try to work his favorite one into the fight, right?

I think the idea was, with Charizard already using his Mega Evolution, having MetalGreymon show up to wail on him then wouldn't give them much chance to use WarGreymon.

Since MetalGreymon would have likely won anyways, it made more sense to visually jump to the dynamic fighting one and finish it all off.

dunegig_

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Taichi punched Yamato, but Yamato was a friend and Taichi actually had a valid reason to punch him. Here, he walks up to Red, whines "Stop hurting my friend! Call off your dragon!" and then punches him.

Well, Red was being a dick and started the fight in the first place. He murdered Agumon's marshmallow, attacked them for no reason in their minds, and Red still threw another pokeball at Greymon when he clearly belonged to a "trainer" already. He deserved a punch from Tai's perspective.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm also surprised that MetalGreymon didn't appear when Boomstick said that it's his favorite form. One would think that he'd try to work his favorite one into the fight, right?

I think the idea was, with Charizard already using his Mega Evolution, having MetalGreymon show up to wail on him then wouldn't give them much chance to use WarGreymon.

Since MetalGreymon would have likely won anyways, it made more sense to visually jump to the dynamic fighting one and finish it all off.

Yeah that makes sense. For years people thought of Charizard as being equivalent to MetalGreymon in terms of being the third stage evolution, but as Death Battle showed us that was far from the case as the difference in power between the fully evolved Mons is enormous. The fight between Greymon and Charizard was as close to an even match as we got, and that was good to see. On that note, I'd love to see them do a One Minute Melee just between a wild Charizard and Greymon.

Also, funny thing I noticed: the fight begins and ends on bookends. Agumon starts by breathing a fireball and clawing Charizard with little to no effect. WarGreymon then ends it by shredding Mega Charizard with his claws and obliterating him with a fireball.

Last edited:

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think any of the nitpicks could be ignored considering what the video is. It's fair to mention them but they aren't punishable. Tai was a little of of character but the premise of the show always calls for some over the top scenario that leads to death. I was super excited to see Taichi punch Red- and Red had the perfect line afterwards highlighting a couple major difference between the two shows. Pokemon are captured creatures that fight for sport. Digimon are partners, that fight to defend. They could of had Tai's last line show a bit of remorse but it wasn't necessary.

It was a great episode. I want to see what the pokedweebs have to say about it.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want to see what the pokedweebs have to say about it.

The comment section is glorious. They accuse ScrewAttack of being biased, but can't even name the Digimon characters.

I don't hate Pokemon, in fact I still enjoy the games very much. Charizard is even my favourite, mainly because of the similarities to Greymon. But sometimes that fandom makes me want to not like Pokemon anymore. Between the "lol rip off" accusations and the odd question of "So where's Digimon now?" it was good to see them taken down a peg or two for a change.

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Taichi punched Yamato, but Yamato was a friend and Taichi actually had a valid reason to punch him. Here, he walks up to Red, whines "Stop hurting my friend! Call off your dragon!" and then punches him.

Well, Red was being a dick and started the fight in the first place. He murdered Agumon's marshmallow, attacked them for no reason in their minds, and Red still threw another pokeball at Greymon when he clearly belonged to a "trainer" already. He deserved a punch from Tai's perspective.
I can understand why ScrewAttack had him to this. It totally makes sense for the video but I still don't think it fits his personality. I'll concede on the punching because of what this video is but the whining doesn't fit at all.

I'll have to check out the comments section because I think I would love it.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^Both the comment section and a number of reaction videos are full of salt, I want fries with that.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I can do is sit back and laugh at how people are shit fitting over this. What bugs me is that this was done. As if there wasn't enough shit between the fandoms as it was. I don't feel it was as it should have been.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I get that. I just wish that Charizard had been able to somehow instigate Greymon into becoming MetalGreymon before becoming Mega Charizard X, so as to see both winged dragons go at it for a bit before having WarGreymon enter the fray.

If Mega Charizard X wouldn't have been able to force MetalGreymon back into Agumon, they could have had Tai recognize Mega Charizard X's superior speed and recommend that MetalGreymon devolve and switch to WarGreymon to better match their opponent's speed.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I can do is sit back and laugh at how people are shit fitting over this. What bugs me is that this was done. As if there wasn't enough shit between the fandoms as it was. I don't feel it was as it should have been.

Actually I do agree a lot. I even made a joke about going back to 2003. Which is when I say the fandoms stopped fighting as much since everyone who grew up during it realized how dumb the fight was. But yes. I said it was the nerdiest choice ever. Like the Superman/Goku fight.

The only fight that would be nerdier would be a Kirk VS Picard or Wars VS Trek fight.