Pokémon Sun and Moon - Thread contains spoilers

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's obviously not the whole 'Dex. But so far, I kind of like some of them. The demo is fun. Can I make spoilered jokes?

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This Pokémon sort of looks like a modern sea lily. I'd love to see it alongside Lileep / Cradilly. Alolan Dugdrio look like an allusion to some group of 3 blondes. I'd say the Golden Girls, but the trio weren't exactly blonde anymore…

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, the demo bored me. I'm not keen on them introducing more battle mechanics like Z moves and Ash-Greninja, or even showing your attacks' type effectiveness against opponents, making battles even easier to win. I expect they'll bring back Super Training from X and Y which'll inevitably be abused for online play and make the Elite Four a cakewalk again.

I really like the overworld but that's about it. I'll probably end up with the game anyway, but I'm just not feeling the hype.

Koma-S

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It´s just me or according to the demo the game is optimised badly? poor framerate, long load times, load screens just for open a gate, terrible camera,etc.

Last edited:

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
load screens just for open a gate
Nope.

terrible camera
It is a bit difficult to navigate, but only because
there is not much on the other side of Hau'oli City.

poor framerate
I can confirm for a fact that this is not true. Perhaps you were expecting a Pokemon game with 60 fps gameplay? Guess we'll just have to wait for the Nintendo Switch to come out for that :p

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have no words...except "I want this game!"

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guess I wont be using Alolan Marowak since I dislike Type overlaping but damn that's all so awsome. Ok. Guess I'll wait for Salandits evo or something for my fire type slot since this gen I want a FWG core.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What the heck is with Primaria's attack? If you attack the enemy they get burn-healed, and if you burn-heal your ally they get attacked? But all in all, great vid.
The return of Red and Green is amazing.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, Decidueye being Grass/Ghost has convinced me even more that I would take Rowlet as my starter. First time I've picked a Grass type since Bulbasaur.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dangit! I hate battling Red! It feels wrong beating one of my childhood characters! I swear if i could lose and still progress I'd be fine if it was against Red. It sucked doing it in Silver/Soulsilver.

Thireven

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am definitely getting Litten now for Sun simply because Incineroar looks awesome, and Popplio for Moon since Primarina looks so elegant.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank god the leaks were real. I love all three Starter lines and I want all three on my party. This didn't happen to me since Gen 1 and 3.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Primarina is a great design but I am not a fan of starter Pokemon being expressively feminine- (or too masculine really). Does Fairy have to be synonymous to feminine? I liked Meganium because it didn't push the gender that hard. I predict that if there is a generation 8, the grass starter will be feminine. Anyways, I would pick Rowlett for my starter.

I am definitely getting Litten now for Sun simply because Incineroar looks awesome, and Popplio for Moon since Primarina looks so elegant.
are you seriously getting both games? seems needlessly redundant to me.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what's wrong with getting both games? i've been getting both games since the days of Red and Blue. (i keep my first run save file on one, then use the other for challenges like solo runs).

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Primarina is a great design but I am not a fan of starter Pokemon being expressively feminine- (or too masculine really). Does Fairy have to be synonymous to feminine?
I mean yeah...people think of feminine whenever they hear the word fairy because of all the typical tinkerbell like fairies in mythology.

I love Litten's line so much. It helps that I'm watching Tiger Mask W now too.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm conflicted between Litten and Popplio. On the one hand, I like his type matchup, but on the other hand, I despise Incineroar, and my first ever starter was Piplup, another water-type. I think I'm gonna do what Thireven is doing: get Litten for Sun, and Popplio for Moon. Knowing my little brother, he'll probably not even consider Popplio (he despises feminine Pokemon and almost never catches female Pokemon; I don't know what went wrong in his upbringing). His choice will be a 60:40 ratio of Litten:Rowlet. Ah, well. *shrugs*

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Primarina is a great design but I am not a fan of starter Pokemon being expressively feminine- (or too masculine really).
It's funny because unless GameFreak decide to break tradition then Primarina will have a 87.5% chance of being Male.

Speaking of gender, I think I'll go with using the female protagonist. I prefer her design to the male one.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what's wrong with getting both games? i've been getting both games since the days of Red and Blue. (i keep my first run save file on one, then use the other for challenges like solo runs).
If you love Pokemon THAT much... what a cash crop!

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol for me getting both version of the game is really a mistake unless both has fair differences. If there's a 3rd version, I'd rather choose the 3rd version

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If there's a 3rd version, I'd rather choose the 3rd version
I think the 3rd version formula is over, since we didn't get Pokémon Z. Or maybe a 3rd version won't be released in generations where a remake from older versions is expected.

Might also be a money thing. I don't think 3rd versions were making that much of a profit, since people already know they only have a few slight improvements. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't buy Pokémon Z. The last time I did buy a 3rd version was Emerald back in 2005.