Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Official trailer.

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee! are remakes of Pokémon Yellow for the Nintendo Switch, and will be released on November 16, 2018.

The games can connect with Pokémon GO, and Gen 1 Pokémon can be transferred from GO to Let's Go. Let's Go will feature no online play or battles with wild Pokémon, only Trainer battles. Let's Go also has a co-op mode, and will include a never before seen Pokémon.

It was also announced that a new mainline Pokémon game for the Switch will be released in 2019.

Discuss.
_____
I wonder if we might see some of the scrapped Pokémon from RGB in this game. They talked about Gorochu in a recent interview, and the recent manga biography of Satoshi Tajiri showed four unreleased Pokémon. It's likely a coincidence, but the timing of these information reveals seems a bit suspicious.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't have to buy a Switch for another year and a half, woohoo!

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty excited. Hopefully no online won't exclude it from Bank. I caught 4 Shiny Charmanders in the recent Go Community Day event, and I would love to get those into my actual collection. It's amazing how many people think this isn't going to play like a real pokemon game even though it's a Yellow remake and you can see that it plays like a regular pokemon game in the trailer.

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm actually not excited for this. I won't be getting it (financial reasons and the cost of the Switch, not protesting) but it's super nice to see Kanto in 3D graphics. I get why they'd want to incorporate Go somehow but the names are just awful and I really hate the capture mechanic from Go. It's just too dumbed down for me. The compatibility with Go is nice though. They promised us that for Sun and Moon so it's good they were able to follow through with it eventually

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm mainly excited right now that the release means that Pokémon GO is being flooded with Alolan Exeggutors in celebration of the announcement. I may finally be able to attain a gold badge for Dragon Types before the summer's up!

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream Worl
My brother and I are super hyped for these games. We're most probably not pre-ordering, but buying them around the time they come out, which is, coincidentally, our mother's birthday. He says he's getting Let's Go Eevee, and since the Switch is practically his anyway, he gets to call dibs on the game. But I think it's terrific that we can play from two different accounts on the Switch. Now I can connect my Pokémon Go to the game and don't really need to worry about things like my Pokémon being misused by my brother. Though the Go capture mechanic does beg the questions: How will we shiny chain? How will we do Nuzlockes? Either way, I'm sufficiently hyped for LGP/LGE.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No interest, I don't care for Go, so a game that incorporates its features into it is not going to catch my interest. I also don't care for some of the restrictions like Kanto Pokemon + Alolan Forms only, which I find silly since HGSS and ORAS both allowed you to use evolutions that came after their original game.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No interest, I don't care for Go, so a game that incorporates its features into it is not going to catch my interest. I also don't care for some of the restrictions like Kanto Pokemon + Alolan Forms only, which I find silly since HGSS and ORAS both allowed you to use evolutions that came after their original game.
As did FRLG

Although I'm pretty sure all three blocked those evolutions until post game

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am also turned off by it being Kanto only. I do not like Kanto, hence I do not have much interest in this game, even though the idea seems nice.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As did FRLG

Although I'm pretty sure all three blocked those evolutions until post game
FRLG blocked it until post-game, the other two did allow you to use evolutions like Mamoswine and Gallade in the main-game though.

Last edited:

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see why many people are disappointed with this, but as I'm someone who hasn't cared about pokemon since gen 1, I couldn't be happier with this. If I ever get a switch this will probably be the first game I get for it.

Thireven

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm excited for this, especially with the way riding the Pokémon looks. The design for the characters is cute and overall it looks nice. I just wish I had the money for a Switch.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah the trainers look way too young. They look 8 at the oldest

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This will be a nice game to test how to do a Pokemon game on the Switch. It's cute and everything and should be nice. Still not big on if I'd get it.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it's been confirmed that all the Gyms in Let's Go will have requirements for challenging them. Brock's gym in particular we know you need either a Grass or a Water type Pokemon in order to enter.

Not sure how to feel about this... :/

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it's been confirmed that all the Gyms in Let's Go will have requirements for challenging them. Brock's gym in particular we know you need either a Grass or a Water type Pokemon in order to enter.

Not sure how to feel about this... :/
Source? I haven't seen anyone else talking about this, unless youre just talking about it showing Brock's and assumed more

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Makes sense with what kind of game this is. Makes it easier for some people. Meanwhile people who have played a game before will already have at least one Pokemon in their team for the gym. That's what you do. You train at least one while you're getting to the gym.

mars87

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
will give this a pass, once i saw the system for catching pokemon, i gave up on the game