Pokemon gets lucky by snatching "V-Tamer" Artist!

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Found this little gem floating around the internet: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/08/pokmon-sun-moon-manga-make-debut-september-corocoro-comic/

Looks like Tenya Yabuno, who did the artwork for V-Tamer and is the original designer of Taichi, will be in charge of the new Pokemon Sun and Moon manga. Hurts my heart a little, since V-Tamer is one of my favorite things in the world, and the "rival franchise" is snatching him. But it will definitely be a win for this generation of Pokemon.
I mean, look at the main character---his face is almost identical to Taichi's! (I don't mean the whole head, just the face.) Definitely Yabuno's style.

Here's a little more in the way of a preview:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/12/heres-sneak-peek-look-pokmon-sun-moons-new-manga/

Definitely interesting!

transformers03

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He even has goggles! You would assume that Digimon would have all rights to all young main characters with goggles.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think those are sunglasses actually.

Still, the main character looks remarkably similar to Taichi. That expression!

GrungeCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He even has goggles! You would assume that Digimon would have all rights to all young main characters with goggles.
They look more like sunglasses to me, which makes perfect sense considering Alola is a bright, tropical region. Though, sunglasses aside, I do still see similarity to Taichi.

From the few images shown, it looks nice...I might add it to my list of manga to read eventually. It'll be pretty great to see it featuring Rockruff, which is currently one of my favorite Alola Pokemon. I'm also curious if there are any other character design inspirations from V-Tamer--though I admit I'm not familiar with Yabuno's work, so it could just be a generic way of designing characters that he has.

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't help but go...Taichi face there....darn it. This makes me an unhappy Vande.
I feel ya. :/ On the bright side, I'm hoping that the manga is as enjoyable as V-Tamer, because I really like Yabuno's style.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First the Mega forms, then the Sun and Moon themed version titles, then the subspecies of existing mons, and now this.

Which franchise is copying which again? :p

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He even has his own version of the Digivice 01. I will now and forever call his Pokémon friend Zeromaru.

PlaidSlurpee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gosh, I might actually give it a read. Those sunglasses certainly gave me a giggle, it's like they're giving a nod to the digimon fanbase with the whole Taichi and headgear thing

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. This is interesting. Hope this is a good manga. I've read some of V-Tamer. And a lot of us can agree, that was good.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no way Rockruff is a coincidence. Remember how Zero was called a puppy in Vtamer? He was even designed to be a dog dragon at first before they changed it. This is amazing.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno, I've always thought to myself that if Pokemon was more like Digimon, I'd be a bigger fan of Pokemon. There is enough love in my heart for two mon series. Even if one is unabashedly copying the other. At least it seems like Pokemon is taking the good things from Digimon.