[Podcast] Lost In Translationmon - Digimon Adventure: (2020) Episode 12 discussion!

Chakmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure: Ep. 5

I thought this was a pretty good Koushiro episode. We actually got to see a fight scene with just Koushiro and Kabuterimon! I think the best scene was Koushiro sitting inside Whamon on his laptop not overly concerned about the situation because he still had a computer connection in Whamon's stomach and felt learning more about the situation was more important despite Tentomon's pleas... very Koushiro....

I also completely agree with Marc (from the WtW podcast) about the annoyance of Tentomon's honorifics changing the spoken '-han' for Koushiro to '-san' when subbed. I'm trying to read the subs while watching the animation and it's frustrating to have to change it back in my mind to equal what was said. It's not a HUGE issue but it is an important dynamic of their relationship and how they interact to not have been subbed directly. And the fact that Ogremon is STILL written as 'Orgemon' in 2020 on the Digimon Analyzer is HILARIOUS! Was it intentional???

I didn't make the association of each episode somewhat paralleling the original, especially with this episode as the "Koushiro episode" and the next shaping-up to be Mimi's. If that's the case I'm anxiously awaiting how they handle my favorite Adventure episode, Episode 8: Devimon: The Emissary of Darkness! I'm really liking how some of the kids have their own entry into the digital world and we are meeting them there. I still find it weird that the ED is Yamato-themed... even for episodes he's not in at all.... weird... but it's good... I love the candy apple pic... emo Yamato is cute... I need more Takeru!! Episode 5 and we've barely seen him!! More Takeru!

*edit* I totally forgot to mention how cool it is that SoundBirdmon is in this! Most of the Xros Wars contest winners had their digimon appear in an episode and I think all we ever saw of SoundBirdmon (called SoundBirdramon in the fansub I saw when they showed the drawing) was a preview in a Hunters episode. So it's nice to see them in an episode now as the third place winner. Ekakimon is still a favorite of mine (first place winner), and I think we still have yet to see Footmon (the second place winner.)

Last edited:

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media