Pendulum Z2 Intro from MonMon Memo, Including Jogress Details

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We're never getting anything official for 02 again. It's either this, or Joe and Iori have the same Ultimate forever.
Wormmon got a new Ultimate 14 years later for no real reason. Who the hell knows what Bandai’s logic is.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wormmon got a new Ultimate 14 years later for no real reason.

...no it didn't. As far as we know, Ken's Wormmon still has Grankuwagamon as its Ultimate.

Banchoustingmon wouldn't really fit him anyway. It'd fit Daisuke significantly more than him, and it wouldn't fit Daisuke very well either.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn’t mean Kens Wormmon specifically, just Wormmon in general.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not really for no reason. They decided to expand the Bancho group and picked a few pre-existing Adult and Perfect-levels for the group, just like how BanchoLeomon is based on Leomon. Stingmon just happened to be chosen as the basis for BanchoStingmon.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But when we mention 02, we're specifically talking about those individuals. These are clear references to them, so it's the closest we've ever getting to offical 02 partner Megas.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But when we mention 02, we're specifically talking about those individuals. These are clear references to them, so it's the closest we've ever getting to offical 02 partner Megas.

They have Megas in the wonderswan games. That's official. Ken himself also shows up with wormmon and has it warp to grankuwagamon in the card battle ps1 game. Ken has had gran multiple times.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Grankuwagamon being designed as a mirror to Imperialdramon, of course, is a pretty important bit of symbolism and they are unlikely to change it away from that.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They have Megas in the wonderswan games. That's official. Ken himself also shows up with wormmon and has it warp to grankuwagamon in the card battle ps1 game. Ken has had gran multiple times.

The Wonderswan games have apparently been retconned. They used Plesiomon for Gomamon, and his mega has since been changed to Vikemon, which now conflicts with Armadimon having Vikemon.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not really, that's just an alternate evolution. No need to retcon it for that reason.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not really, that's just an alternate evolution. No need to retcon it for that reason.
The point remains, Plesiomon is not Gomamon's main Mega anymore, which now means we need a different main Mega for Iori's Armadimon. And as I said, Bandai seems to be done with 02, meaning these references in the Pendulum Zs is our only insight as to what Iori's Armadimon would possibly Digivolve into.

There has, thus far, never been a case where a Partner Digimon in the anime has had a branched evolution without extenuating circumstances ( i.e Dark Digivolution, Armor Evolution, Jogress, or not being with their proper partner) Nor has there ever been a case (again, in the anime) of two partner Digimon within the same Universe having the same Mega.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm interesting. Each Digimon seasons destined to have "doomed evolutions" in my viewpoint.

Adventure 01 have all Ultimate forms at finally however Gomamon's Ultimate form always brought tons of trouble to confirm who until Vikemon.

02's Wormmon and Armadimon's Ultimate cases.

Then Tamers... SaintGalgomon will never get extra form like others.

Frontier well you know that.

Saver is the only one that actually gave Burst Modes to all of them for once. However... For some reasons I feel like I want to include Lalamon....

Ahem, you know I was really looking forward to witness new forms of Hawkmon and Armadimon in this Pendulum Z II but nope although I'm glad with all completely new digimon ones instead of designing new subspecies (excluding Baluchimon and Piranimon).

Tomorrow will reveal the next list of Metal Empire and Virus Buster evo charts right? No?

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope. Metal Empire is probably next week and Virus Busters two weeks after that.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The pattern with the first Pendulum Z Reports was NSp (+roster), DS (+roster), NSo (+roster), NSp ecology, DS ecology, then NSo ecology.

For the Pendulum Z II Reports, it seems they're going with WG (+roster), WG ecology, ME (+roster), ME ecology, VB (+roster), then VB ecology.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You all are acting like this is the first time Shakkoumon has digivolved into GuardiAngemon while Zudomon became Vikemon...
That was first done years and years ago - long before Tri. - in Lost Evolution.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You all are acting like this is the first time Shakkoumon has digivolved into GuardiAngemon while Zudomon became Vikemon...
That was first done years and years ago - long before Tri. - in Lost Evolution.
Yes however, this time is different because given that they specifically chose the 02 partners for the fields, in addition to Frontier and Kizuna partners. This is a clear reference to the 02 Armadimon, not just some random instance of the species like in Lost Evolution. It's like, no one cares if some random Piyomon becomes Crossmon, but if it's a clear reference to Sora's Piyomon, then it becomes noteworthy. That's especially the case with Iori's Armadimon, since the closest thing we had to a main Ultimate for it was stolen by Jou's Gomamon.
Hmm interesting. Each Digimon seasons destined to have "doomed evolutions" in my viewpoint.

Adventure 01 have all Ultimate forms at finally however Gomamon's Ultimate form always brought tons of trouble to confirm who until Vikemon.

02's Wormmon and Armadimon's Ultimate cases.

Then Tamers... SaintGalgomon will never get extra form like others.

Frontier well you know that.

Saver is the only one that actually gave Burst Modes to all of them for once. However... For some reasons I feel like I want to include Lalamon....

Ahem, you know I was really looking forward to witness new forms of Hawkmon and Armadimon in this Pendulum Z II but nope although I'm glad with all completely new digimon ones instead of designing new subspecies (excluding Baluchimon and Piranimon).

Tomorrow will reveal the next list of Metal Empire and Virus Buster evo charts right? No?
You probably feel that way because Lalamon was the only one who didn't get a brand new Mega, with Rosemon being recycled from earlier works. Lotusmon came after the show ended.

Last edited:

DiscoCola

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someday... Someday they will realize that ClavisAngemon is a better 'new' Mega for Shakkoumon.

Someday.

ClavisAngemon is an X digimon. A natural carrier.

I mean, they still can give it to Armadimon's next Ultimate, as SlashAngemon's next evolution. Like GrandisKuwagamon (X digimon) to GrandKuwagamon, or DinoTigermon (X digimon) to SaberLeomon.

Honestly, I don't think him being a Natural X-Antibody carrier really holds much weight anymore. Same with the other two you mentioned. I've kinda seen them used as standard Megas of their own (GranKuwagamon belonging to Okuwamon and GrandisKuwagamon belonging to Jewelbeemon). But most specifically ClavisAngemon. He seems to be queued up to be among the Holy counterpart to the Seven Demon lords in Adventure Reboot - even though none of the other Angels or Demon Lords are Natural X-carriers. He appears alongside SlashAngemon in that scene, as well, so I'm guessing he wouldn't be an evolution.

He also is the only like-X-Antibody type Digimon in Digimon World DS. As far as I recall anyways.

I know my arguments aren't necessarily the strongest, but I've been getting the impression that, as time goes on, ClavisAngemon's origins in X-Antibody are going to largely be ignored. Unless his whole thing is that he has dominion over X-Antibody as part of this Holy-Seven group. Additionally, the DMW3 line for SlashAngemon makes just as much sense (to me) as Patamon -> Angemon or Gatomon -> Angewomon -- at least the entire DMW3-line is blade-themed.

Just my thoughts on it. I may be in too deep with my years-long advocacy for this evolution line at this point.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Other carriers are normal Digimon in 2020, most notably the Beemon line.

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I don't think him being a Natural X-Antibody carrier really holds much weight anymore. Same with the other two you mentioned. I've kinda seen them used as standard Megas of their own (GranKuwagamon belonging to Okuwamon and GrandisKuwagamon belonging to Jewelbeemon). But most specifically ClavisAngemon. He seems to be queued up to be among the Holy counterpart to the Seven Demon lords in Adventure Reboot - even though none of the other Angels or Demon Lords are Natural X-carriers. He appears alongside SlashAngemon in that scene, as well, so I'm guessing he wouldn't be an evolution.

He also is the only like-X-Antibody type Digimon in Digimon World DS. As far as I recall anyways.

I know my arguments aren't necessarily the strongest, but I've been getting the impression that, as time goes on, ClavisAngemon's origins in X-Antibody are going to largely be ignored. Unless his whole thing is that he has dominion over X-Antibody as part of this Holy-Seven group. Additionally, the DMW3 line for SlashAngemon makes just as much sense (to me) as Patamon -> Angemon or Gatomon -> Angewomon -- at least the entire DMW3-line is blade-themed.

Just my thoughts on it. I may be in too deep with my years-long advocacy for this evolution line at this point.

My point is, so far, there's no a natural carrier that evolves from Perfect. GrandisKuwagamon evolved from GranKuwagamon. DinoTigermon evolved from SaberLeomon. It's clear from their profiles.

As for other carriers, they have full evolution lines from Baby I to Ultimate. Including Dracumon that has no Baby forms yet.

I know in some games there are many branches in evolution line that has random digimon who can evolve from natural carrier to not carrier to evolve further to natural carrier again. But my reference is from what we have so far.

I don't deny the possibility that ClavisAngemon might someday evolve from Shakkoumon, I don't. Shakkoumon might get a line like: Shakkoumon -> SlashAngemon -> ClavisAngemon (just like Panjyamon -> SaberLeomon -> DinoTigermon or MegaSeadramon -> MetalSeadramon -> GigaSeadramon)
I know natural carrier of X Antibody and digimon with X Antibody addition are different.

This discussion starts to be out of topic and I am part of the reason because of my above comment. Let's end it here then. Anyway, thanks!

Edit: in case you don't know, GrandisKuwagamon evolving from Jewelbeemon is only from Digimon Masters. From all of digimon media, I take Digimon Masters less seriously.

Last edited: