Pendulum Z Series 2 Teaser in V-Jump? Additional Info on October 5th

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m hoping for a new Child angel and then Monodramon for Virus Busters.
Oh yeah, that'd be a good time to finally get proper art and profiles for Hopmon and Ketomon. I hope they include them!

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine if she did and it was "HolyAngewomon" to mirror HolyAngemon.
I mean, she has that already, it's just called HolyDRAmon instead.
Yeah, no. Hoydramon is the counterpart to Goddramon, not HolyAngemon.

What...? We will not get new Insect type for sure? Noooo! Eh at least we will have new Bird or Plant ones. If not then Machine Child support it is.

At least it doesn't have to be remake just make new one for Jungle Trooper and others so we can have more new Digimon....... to Pray.
But for a full wave they'd have to introduce a whole new Field, since there are only two left.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But for a full wave they'd have to introduce a whole new Field, since there are only two left.
Bring back the Unknown field and fill it full of goofy mutant,filth, and puppet Digimon! Tyuumon! Starmon! Mamemon! New forms like Lady Etemon (she’s Dolly Parton)! Dadjoke Nanimon! Mega Raremon! Truck Garbamon!

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bring back the Unknown field and fill it full of goofy mutant,filth, and puppet Digimon! Tyuumon! Starmon! Mamemon! New forms like Lady Etemon (she’s Dolly Parton)! Dadjoke Nanimon! Mega Raremon! Truck Garbamon!
Unknown has long since fused with Metal Empire, Which makes sense because you'd mostly find trash in industrialized areas. Plants, however, was separated from jungle troopers in Digimon Xros Wars: Lost Evolution, but was not given a field icon.
We really shouldthink along lines of the environment, since that's what the fields are. In that regard Dragons Roar and Jungle Troopers made sense because there are no volcanic or jungle regions represented in the other fields.

Nature Spirits is fields and planes
Deep Savers is oceans and tundras
Nightmare Soldiers is graveyards and other haunted places
Metal Empire is cities and other industrialized areas (incl. sewers, where Mutant Digimon would be found)
Wind Guardians is the sky and grasslands
Virus Busters is shrines and other holy places
Dragons Roar is mountains and volcanic areas
Jungle Troopers is jungles and forests

What we don't have represented are deserts, badlands, swamps, marshes and wetlands. The problem is, thematically, the first two could easily fit with NSp and the last three with NSo. No Digimon that could fit with those areas couldn't fit in the already represented fields.

Last edited:

Geode

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know what else I like to see pendulum z, a new form of imperialdramon for the mega of 02 partners to jogress to like a supreme mode, re rise mode, or a GX/DX of sort.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoydramon is the counterpart to Goddramon
That... is nonsense. Well, ok, it's not complete nonsense, but it's like arguing that Leomon is the counterpart of Liamon - you're technically accurate to at least some degree, but if you're trying to argue it to someone saying that Leomon is the counterpart to Ogremon (the same evolutionary spot as it in the original Digital Monsters and used as a rival for it in early sources, when the other digimon in that slot were Angemon, Devimon, and Devidramon, the first two being obviously counterpartal and the latter of them being a reference to one of the others and also one of the many Digimon in the original product based on an extant kaiju) then it's still gonna look really dumb.

Holydramon and Holyangemon are both evolutions to Digimon that showed up in late 1998, Holyangemon as a part of early V-Tamer and Holydramon as a counterpart alongside Tailmon and Angewomon in Digital Monster Ver S. Goddramon is a contest winner Digimon, it was one of the Digimon chosen alongside Cyberdramon, Karatukinumemon, Skullsatamon, Kokuwamon, Bigmamemon, and Thunderballmon from the First Digimon Dot Art Contest, and didn't make an appearance in any Digimon property until late 1999, over a year after both Holyangemon and Holydramon had debuted in a period where a very notable portion of currently extant Digimon spawned from. Now, the REFERENCE BOOK talks about Holydramon in Goddramon's section, but that's only in relation to the recently created (as of the time) Four Great Dragons, one of Digimon's usual methods of "show off part of a group and then drip feed the rest of them later for hype purposes", like what they did with the Royal Knights - so this is like arguing Omegamon is actually a counterpart to Dukemon, because Dukemon mentions it in his profile.

Hell, when they made the Ultimate level and changed a lot of the old Perfects from Digital Monster ver S into them (and elsewhere, Syakomon being probably the most hilarious example) and shifted other stuff around, they even expressly made "Holydramon" an evolution of "Angewomon", like how Holyangemon was an evolution of Angemon. Just to make it additionally apparent.

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoydramon is the counterpart to Goddramon
That... is nonsense. Well, ok, it's not complete nonsense, but it's like arguing that Leomon is the counterpart of Liamon - you're technically accurate to at least some degree, but if you're trying to argue it to someone saying that Leomon is the counterpart to Ogremon (the same evolutionary spot as it in the original Digital Monsters and used as a rival for it in early sources, when the other digimon in that slot were Angemon, Devimon, and Devidramon, the first two being obviously counterpartal and the latter of them being a reference to one of the others and also one of the many Digimon in the original product based on an extant kaiju) then it's still gonna look really dumb.

Holydramon and Holyangemon are both evolutions to Digimon that showed up in late 1998, Holyangemon as a part of early V-Tamer and Holydramon as a counterpart alongside Tailmon and Angewomon in Digital Monster Ver S. Goddramon is a contest winner Digimon, it was one of the Digimon chosen alongside Cyberdramon, Karatukinumemon, Skullsatamon, Kokuwamon, Bigmamemon, and Thunderballmon from the First Digimon Dot Art Contest, and didn't make an appearance in any Digimon property until late 1999, over a year after both Holyangemon and Holydramon had debuted in a period where a very notable portion of currently extant Digimon spawned from. Now, the REFERENCE BOOK talks about Holydramon in Goddramon's section, but that's only in relation to the recently created (as of the time) Four Great Dragons, one of Digimon's usual methods of "show off part of a group and then drip feed the rest of them later for hype purposes", like what they did with the Royal Knights - so this is like arguing Omegamon is actually a counterpart to Dukemon, because Dukemon mentions it in his profile.

Hell, when they made the Ultimate level and changed a lot of the old Perfects from Digital Monster ver S into them (and elsewhere, Syakomon being probably the most hilarious example) and shifted other stuff around, they even expressly made "Holydramon" an evolution of "Angewomon", like how Holyangemon was an evolution of Angemon. Just to make it additionally apparent.
Umm, no? It has nothing to do with any of that. Holydramon is the counterpart to Goddramon in the same way that Ophanimon is to Seraphimon, or Angewomon is to Angemon. Simple as that. Goddramon is a Holy Dragon Digimon that can serve as an Ultimate for Patamon, just as Holydramon is for Tailmon. Their theme and design are meant to mirror each other, just like the rest of those lines. That's why they're counterparts. Hell, both are even in groups together. Ophanimon and Seraphimon as part of the Three Great Archangels, and Goddramon and Holydramon as part of the Four Dragon Kings, the parallels could not be more clear.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Umm, no? It has nothing to do with any of that. Holydramon is the counterpart to Goddramon in the same way that Ophanimon is to Seraphimon, or Angewomon is to Angemon. Simple as that. Goddramon is a Holy Dragon Digimon that can serve as an Ultimate for Patamon, just as Holydramon is for Tailmon. Their theme and design are meant to mirror each other, just like the rest of those lines. That's why they're counterparts. Hell, both are even in groups together. Ophanimon and Seraphimon as part of the Three Great Archangels, and Goddramon and Holydramon as part of the Four Dragon Kings, the parallels could not be more clear.
Except that's not true. Holydramon was specifically designed and intended for Tailmon from the beginning. Goddramon was a fan-contest winner that originally had absolutely nothing to do with Patamon, and its debut pre-evolution was AeroV-dramon. While HolyAngemon has been used a fair amount too, AeroV-dramon has continued to be Goddramon's most common pre-evolution.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
AeroV-dramon has continued to be Goddramon's most common pre-evolution.
For a while they were pushing Megadramon as a prevo too, and there was a brief period where they did it with Hisyaryumon as well.

Tetsuya Suoh

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except that's not true. Holydramon was specifically designed and intended for Tailmon from the beginning. Goddramon was a fan-contest winner that originally had absolutely nothing to do with Patamon, and its debut pre-evolution was AeroV-dramon. While HolyAngemon has been used a fair amount too, AeroV-dramon has continued to be Goddramon's most common pre-evolution.
Except that's not entirely true either. The first official media Goddramon appeared in was the 1999 the card game, where it could evolve from Cyberdramon, MasterTyrannomon, or HolyAngemon, not AeroV-dramon. AeroV-dramon would not become a possible Perfect until 3 years later with Digital Monster D-Project. Not to mention that Goddramon and Holydramon got X-Antibodies at the same time, something that even the Angels didn't do. And as for commonality, it is likely that, as of the new card game, both AeroV-dramon and HolyAngemon will have an equal number of instances where they're a possible Perfect for Goddramon. And since the Pendulum Zs are stated to feature the Four Dragon Kings, it's possible that HolyAngemon may even surpass AeroV-dramon in number of instances. It's clear that, since it's debut, it has been used as a counterpart to Holydramon, whereas Holydramon has absolutely nothing in common with HolyAngemon at all, save for the prefix and evolving from an Angel Digimon which, as stated, Goddramon has always been capable of as well. The origins are not what make something a counterpart, it's how they're used, and it's very clear with how they're treated that Bandai has always intended Goddramon to be a counterpart to Holydramon since they made it an official Digimon.

But, we're derailing the conversation. I'm sure you want to get the last word, so have at it. As for me, I think I'll step away until there's something more relevant to the topic at hand to respond to.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except that's not entirely true either. The first official media Goddramon appeared in was the 1999 the card game, where it could evolve from Cyberdramon, MasterTyrannomon, or HolyAngemon, not AeroV-dramon. AeroV-dramon would not become a possible Perfect until 3 years later with Digital Monster D-Project. Not to mention that Goddramon and HolyDramon got X-Antibodies at the same time, something that even the Angels didn't do. And as for commonality, it is likey that, as of the new card game, both AeroV-dramon and HolyAngemon will have an equal number of instances where they're a possible Perfect for Goddramon. And since the Pendulum Zs are stated to feature the Four Dragon Kings, it's possible that HolyAngemon may even surpass AeroV-dramon in number of instances. It's clear that, since it's debut, it has been used as a counterpart to Holydramon, whereas Holydramon has absolutely *nothing* in common with HolyAngemon at all, save for the prefix and evolving from an Angel Digimon which, as stated, Goddramon has always been capable of as well. The origins are *not* what make something a counterpart, it's how they;re used, and it's very clear with how they're treated that Bandai has always intended Goddramon to be a counterpart to Holydramon since they made it an official Digimon.

But, we're derailing the conversation. I'm sure you want to get the last word, so have at it. As for me, I think I'll step away until there's something more relevant to the topic at hand to respond to.
I meant game debut (or even just a V-Pet debut if applicable). Card pre-evolutions are very general and inclusive. As you've mentioned, Cyberdramon and MasterTyrannomon are just as viable as HolyAngemon.

Goddramon's game debut is also not D-Project. You are forgetting the WonderSwan games. Goddramon evolved exclusively from AeroV-dramon in both Tag Tamers and D1 Tamers (It was a non-evolving event-exclusive in Anode/Cathode iirc).

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except that's not entirely true either. The first official media Goddramon appeared in was the 1999 the card game, where it could evolve from Cyberdramon, MasterTyrannomon, or HolyAngemon, not AeroV-dramon. AeroV-dramon would not become a possible Perfect until 3 years later with Digital Monster D-Project. Not to mention that Goddramon and Holydramon got X-Antibodies at the same time, something that even the Angels didn't do. And as for commonality, it is likely that, as of the new card game, both AeroV-dramon and HolyAngemon will have an equal number of instances where they're a possible Perfect for Goddramon. And since the Pendulum Zs are stated to feature the Four Dragon Kings, it's possible that HolyAngemon may even surpass AeroV-dramon in number of instances. It's clear that, since it's debut, it has been used as a counterpart to Holydramon, whereas Holydramon has absolutely nothing in common with HolyAngemon at all, save for the prefix and evolving from an Angel Digimon which, as stated, Goddramon has always been capable of as well. The origins are not what make something a counterpart, it's how they're used, and it's very clear with how they're treated that Bandai has always intended Goddramon to be a counterpart to Holydramon since they made it an official Digimon.

That's a lot of cherrypicking.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except that's not entirely true either. The first official media Goddramon appeared in was the 1999 the card game, where it could evolve from Cyberdramon, MasterTyrannomon, or HolyAngemon, not AeroV-dramon. AeroV-dramon would not become a possible Perfect until 3 years later with Digital Monster D-Project. Not to mention that Goddramon and HolyDramon got X-Antibodies at the same time, something that even the Angels didn't do. And as for commonality, it is likey that, as of the new card game, both AeroV-dramon and HolyAngemon will have an equal number of instances where they're a possible Perfect for Goddramon. And since the Pendulum Zs are stated to feature the Four Dragon Kings, it's possible that HolyAngemon may even surpass AeroV-dramon in number of instances. It's clear that, since it's debut, it has been used as a counterpart to Holydramon, whereas Holydramon has absolutely *nothing* in common with HolyAngemon at all, save for the prefix and evolving from an Angel Digimon which, as stated, Goddramon has always been capable of as well. The origins are *not* what make something a counterpart, it's how they;re used, and it's very clear with how they're treated that Bandai has always intended Goddramon to be a counterpart to Holydramon since they made it an official Digimon.

I meant game debut (or even just a V-Pet debut if applicable). Card pre-evolutions are very general and inclusive. As you've mentioned, Cyberdramon and MasterTyrannomon are just as viable as HolyAngemon.

Goddramon's game debut is also not D-Project. You are forgetting the WonderSwan games. Goddramon evolved exclusively from AeroV-dramon in both Tag Tamers and D1 Tamers (It was a non-evolving event-exclusive in Anode/Cathode iirc).
Not only that, Goddramon’s first card game debut was actually in 2000 in Booster 4. Goddramon’s first canon appearance was in Anode and Cathode Tamer, where it was a special Variable that could only be attained using a V-dramon (a special event Digimon, you generally couldn’t get Perfect and higher level Digimon outside of Variables, but you can also unlock an Aero V-dramon Variable with it). In fact, for a number of years people seemed to treat Goddramon as Aero V-dramon’s main Ultimate for because Ulforce wouldn’t be introduced for a long time.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Its most recent appearance in ReArise gives it only Megadramon too, as the Mega in a line of Tapirmon -> Airdramon -> Megadramon -> Goldramon. If it were supposed to "belong" to MagnaAngemon it would've been MagnaAngemon as its *only* pre-evolution in ReArise, not Megadramon.

People just like to shoehorn Goldramon in as some sort of "Magnadramon equivalent" because MagnaAngemon was used as a filler evolution a few times and its a Dragon with holy powers.

ShineGreymon is also a Dragon with Holy powers, yet no one mentions him. (for obvious reasons of it "belonging to Agumon").

Oh and Angemon and Angewomon aren't counterparts to each other - Angemon/Devimon and Angewomon/LadyDevimon are. MagnaAngemon's counterpart is presuambly SkullSatamon, as Seraphimon's is Daemon.

Seraphimon and Ophanimon are simply just two angels and if you have to pair them by gender like that, MagnaAngemon is the counterpart to Angewomon, not Angemon. The only reason people "pair" them is because of the anime, but Seraphimon is no more valid as a "counterpart" then Clavis or Slash.