Pendulum Z Secret Info from MonMon Memo, Including 2nd Wave and Evolution Reveals

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well not until... The new anime series season give us SlashAngemon's Evolving Transformation. Pendulum Vpet is simply not enough for me.

But curiously the next set is only three of Wind, Metal and Virus Buster? Not possible for third wave?

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Armadimon’s line sucked and it still sucks with this retcon.

Vmon’s line remains dragon dragon dragon dragon.

Wormmon’s line is still bug bug bug bug.

Hawkmon’s is bird bird birdman birdman.

Armadimon’s is armored mammal / armored dinosaur / clay idol / angel. Shakkoumon and (even more so) Slash Angemon are Patamon/Angemon evolutions more than ever. Especially since Slash Angemon is so offensively oriented. I could see Armadimon ending up as a shield-wielding angel but this is literally the antithesis of that as if Ludomon ended up as Durandamon.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well not until... The new anime series season give us SlashAngemon's Evolving Transformation. Pendulum Vpet is simply not enough for me.

But curiously the next set is only three of Wind, Metal and Virus Buster? Not possible for third wave?
Which is probably not going to happen. There is no reason for us to believe, none at all, that there will ever be an Adventure: 02. (Adventure: 22?) So the 02 cast may very well be done for good. Since the special routes are clearly direct references to 02 cast, it's the best we're going to get.

Two more fields, Dragon's Roar and Jungle Troopers were introduced later, but not in Pendulum products. But there's no volcanic biome on folder continent for the Dragon's Roar to inhabit, and the Jungle Troopers are already in Nature Spirits and Wind Guardians.
They'd have to discover new biomes for DR and JT and and add a ton of brand new insect and plant digimon for the latter. There's also no more lines left that could continue the references in the first two.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then they will make 02 appear but hidden well in 2020 as easter eggs maybe.

Hm two isn't enough to make the third wave. Shame. Thx for info.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Which still leaves us with Shakkoumon not having an evolution scene to Mega. See what I mean?

Last edited:

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perhaps we should focus our energies towards predicting what the next lines will be. Would bring out the bingo card, but I don't have that much Digimon knowledge to be honest.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perhaps we should focus our energies towards predicting what the next lines will be. Would bring out the bingo card, but I don't have that much Digimon knowledge to be honest.
Wind Guardians: Falcomon, Lalamon, Jazzamon?
Metal Empire: Jazzamon, Commandramon?
Virus Busters: Monodramon, Bearmon, Leollmon, Hackman, Zubamon?

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine if, since Armadimon's in the Deep Savers version, its complete line ends up being Armadimon > Ankylomon > Brachimon > Plesiomon.

Resulting in him stealing Gomamon's Ultimate in the end.

Last edited:

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be the greatest plot-twist to happen in Digimon history

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Armadimon and Gomamon started the war huh if that actually happened. But I feel Brachimon is perfect for Ikkakumon and Ankylomon to jogress. Not bad idea.

I wonder if unknown/unidentified field could count as the new field so we might learn a bit about this in Deep Ocean unsolved mysteries of Exploration/Discovery style.

Which still leaves us with Shakkoumon not having an evolution scene to Mega. See what I mean?
Totally. Haha.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine if, since Armadimon's in the Deep Savers version, its complete line ends up being Armadimon > Ankylomon > Brachimon > Plesiomon.

That would actually be a great line. It would be good to add in.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and the training pace such as elapsed time and pooping pace continue from the X series!
What... what does this mean?

It is the content of nostalgia MAX
Did this line rub anyone else the wrong way? I feel like they’re holding themselves back from superior quality products by latching onto nostalgia. They’re using the small screens and small sprites again instead of the large detailed sprites like the Pendulum X. Sprite size is personal preference but I think with Digimon like the super mega hybrid of 6 Digimon or whatever new Digimon is introduced in Deep Savers, big sprites would be necessary to do Digimon like that justice.

And I have a more optional complaint that probably gets mentioned a lot, but Tamagatchi is made by the same company and it has full color screens and actual graphics. Why can’t Digimon do this? Why are Digimon fans shafted in favor of impulse-buying nostalgia-driven buyers there won’t even be very many of? Even the English 20th vpets seem to be purely a nostalgia grab (even if I bought 4 of them) since they’re not going to release the Pendulum or the Zs at all and even the DMXs were limited to Premium Bandai preorders. I’ve bought at least one of every main device since Pendulum Progress, and I never understood why Digimon is so stuck in the past with their pets. I’m getting burnt out because this is the first pet line I’ve not been super excited for (although I am getting the Deep Savers one). :c

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and the training pace such as elapsed time and pooping pace continue from the X series!

Did this line rub anyone else the wrong way? I feel like they’re holding themselves back from superior quality products by latching onto nostalgia. They’re using the small screens and small sprites again instead of the large detailed sprites like the Pendulum X. Sprite size is personal preference but I think with Digimon like the super mega hybrid of 6 Digimon or whatever new Digimon is introduced in Deep Savers, big sprites would be necessary to do Digimon like that justice.

And I have a more optional complaint that probably gets mentioned a lot, but Tamagatchi is made by the same company and it has full color screens and actual graphics. Why can’t Digimon do this? Why are Digimon fans shafted in favor of impulse-buying nostalgia-driven buyers there won’t even be very many of? Even the English 20th vpets seem to be purely a nostalgia grab (even if I bought 4 of them) since they’re not going to release the Pendulum or the Zs at all and even the DMXs were limited to Premium Bandai preorders. I’ve bought at least one of every main device since Pendulum Progress, and I never understood why Digimon is so stuck in the past with their pets. I’m getting burnt out because this is the first pet line I’ve not been super excited for (although I am getting the Deep Savers one). :c
Audience size. Tamogatchi may not be as popular as it once was, but I'm fairly certain it still has a larger audience than Digimon. Pretty much the only thing keeping Digimon going, at least outside of Japan, is the same tiny fanbase from 20 years ago. I'm not sure how things are in Japan, but I wouldn't be surprised if Digimon was fairly niche there too. Because of that it's probably more profitable to print limited run collectibles using the most basic functionality.

Beside's if it's using the Pendulim name and I know we've had this same conversation before, but again, as a Pendulum, using the Pendulum name and shell, it should keep the black and white 8-bit sprites.
Something totally new, with a new name and new shell, that should be when they go all out with the new tech, 16-bit, full color, maybe even backlit.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tamagotchi has a younger audience in Japan that’s more into buying toys.

I’d honestly be fine with Plesiomon, Ultimate Brachimon, Blastmon, Aegisdramon, Canondramon, Deckerdramon, or Olegmon as Armadimon’s final form. I’d also be cool with a Breakdramon or Spinomon subspecies too.

We’re honestly due for a Deep Savers variant of Spinomon now that we know Spinosaurus was an aquatic dinosaur that spent most of its life in water.

Zanabae

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ya..... Nostalgia MAX , kinda slapped me in the face too. Especially since they used that phrase again in promo images for the Digivice Ver. Complete. I knew Bandai was leaning hard on nostalgia but to see them proclaim it with such blatant pride hurt lol I never bought a V-pet or Digivice for nostalgia. I always bought them for their unique gameplay experience so I can't really relate to nostalgia being such a compelling reason to buy something. BUT some people do so I'm not gonna judge.

That's a really good question though on why Bandai doesn't keep the Digimon V-pets up to date like it does with Tamagotchi. One I've pondered a lot myself lol. Well lets look at it this way. What do you think of when someone says Tamagotchi? Universally for most people a V-pet will come to mind. Now say Digimon on the other hand and you'll get a myriad of answers. Card game, Video games, Frontier, Appmon , Savers V-pets...ect

And that brand confusion is why I think the Digimon V-pets got left behind in the past. Tamagotchi kept thier core identity and focused on improving it overtime. Meanwhile Digimon decided to venture into so many different platforms and in the process put their V-pets on the back burner. Neglecting the fan base they built with the original Digital Monster and Pendulum line and effectively weakening it. (until the resent resurgence after the Digital Monster Ver 20th) So since then The Digimon V-pets have had minimum attention and innovation compared to the Tamagotchis that continue to get more advanced year by year.

Ironically not keeping a core identity not only killed the Digimon V-pets popularity but arguably almost killed the Digimon franchise as a whole In my opinion. By not having a core identity and by that I mean reinventing Digimon and it's core elements each anime season they created a lot of confusion in the fan base and drove away a lot of fans. This first started happening with Frontier. Instead of keeping Digimon a constant reliable theme they split up Digimon so much athey had to take a huge hiatus after Xros Wars regroup. Since then Bandai has been playing it safe with Adventure and classic V-pet nostalgia. Thus the mentality behind " Nostalgia MAX ".

Overall though, I'm disappointed not to have a modern Digimon V-pet at this point. I've been waiting since the original Tamagotchi color came out in Japan around 2007ish?? BUT , A lot of people are having a ton of fun with the recent Digimon V-pets since the DM 20th and the community behind it is WAY bigger and more popular than it ever was back when I was playing with them in the early 2000's. So seeing that makes me happy :)

Last edited:

Dragoryu3000

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems likely that we're getting Veemon, Hawkmon, Patamon, and Gabumon lines in Wave 2, so as far as Child-level goes, they probably won't be in any base game trio. They've also so far avoided any of the Child-levels that were in the original Pendulums. If that pattern continues, it's sort of slim pickings. Of course, there will likely be one new Child in each, so we only have to predict six rather than nine.

Wind Guardians: While some insectoid Digimon could fit in Wing Guardians, the whole "ancient ancestry" lore makes it unlikely, as they'd be descended from AncientBeetmon. I think that just leaves us with Alraumon, Falcomon, Lalamon, Penmon, and Muchomon as options? As an ice-themed semiaquatic Digimon, Penmon might be out of the running, since Deep Savers is supposed to be aquatic and ice. Alraumon is obviously close to Palmon, so they'll likely avoid it as well. While I think bringing in Muchomon would be kind of fun and lead into Zhuqiaomon well, I imagine it's going to be Falcomon, Lalamon, and someone new.

Metal Empire: Zubamon, Ludomon, and Jazamon are all possible, but I feel like they'd also avoid the "featured" new lines from the past few V-Pets. That hunch is based on absolutely nothing, though. Still, aside from them, we've got Commandramon, the PawnChessmons, and Solarmon. I don't know if Kotemon's ever been classified as Metal Empire, but depending on what it evolves into, it could maybe fit as well. As another recolor of a Pendulum Digimon, though, Solarmon might not be too likely. If they want to put mutants back in with Metal Empire, I guess there's... uh... Chuumon? Unlikely, but hey, I never thought they'd make a pre-evolution for Shellmon in 2020. Still, I'm going to guess Commandramon for the machine aspect, one of the PawnChessmons or Kotemon for the armored aspect (Knightmon was in the original Metal Empire Pendulum, after all), and someone new. They could also include the Gizmons as a counterpart to Algomon, but that also seems unlikely.

Virus Busters: Without Plotmon and Patamon, I think we have Terriermon, Lopmon, Sistermon Blanc, Kudamon, and technically Lucemon. The PawnChessmons might fit in here as well. Leomon was in the original Virus Busters Pendulum, so perhaps Leormon or maybe even Elecmon. Elecmon could additionally evolve into the Aegiomon line. Since Wave 1 featured Morphomon (prominent in Kizuna) and Algomon (prominent in Adventure: ) I could see the Meicoomon line getting in, but maybe not alongside its apparent Plotmon-variant Child-level. Hard to say with this one, but I think Kudamon has a pretty good chance, especially considering Mitamamon's recent reveal.

I'm probably forgetting a good number of Child-level digimon, though.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ya..... Nostalgia MAX , kinda slapped me in the face too. Especially since they used that phrase again in promo images for the Digivice Ver. Complete. I knew Bandai was leaning hard on nostalgia but to see them proclaim it with such blatant pride hurt lol I never bought a V-pet or Digivice for nostalgia. I always bought them for their unique gameplay experience so I can't really relate to nostalgia being such a compelling reason to buy something. BUT some people do so I'm not gonna judge.

That's a really good question though on why Bandai doesn't keep the Digimon V-pets up to date like it does with Tamagotchi. One I've pondered a lot myself lol. Well lets look at it this way. What do you think of when someone says Tamagotchi? Universally for most people a V-pet will come to mind. Now say Digimon on the other hand and you'll get a myriad of answers. Card game, Video games, Frontier, Appmon , Savers V-pets...ect

And that brand confusion is why I think the Digimon V-pets got left behind in the past. Tamagotchi kept thier core identity and focused on improving it overtime. Meanwhile Digimon decided to venture into so many different platforms and in the process put their V-pets on the back burner. Neglecting the fan base they built with the original Digital Monster and Pendulum line and effectively weakening it. (until the resent resurgence after the Digital Monster Ver 20th) So since then The Digimon V-pets have had minimum attention and innovation compared to the Tamagotchis that continue to get more advanced year by year.

Ironically not keeping a core identity not only killed the Digimon V-pets popularity but arguably almost killed the Digimon franchise as a whole In my opinion. By not having a core identity and by that I mean reinventing Digimon and it's core elements each anime season they created a lot of confusion in the fan base and drove away a lot of fans. This first started happening with Frontier. Instead of keeping Digimon a constant reliable theme they split up Digimon so much athey had to take a huge hiatus after Xros Wars regroup. Since then Bandai has been playing it safe with Adventure and classic V-pet nostalgia. Thus the mentality behind " Nostalgia MAX ".

Overall though, I'm disappointed not to have a modern Digimon V-pet at this point. I've been waiting since the original Tamagotchi color came out in Japan around 2007ish?? BUT , A lot of people are having a ton of fun with the recent Digimon V-pets since the DM 20th and the community behind it is WAY bigger and more popular than it ever was back when I was playing with them in the early 2000's. So seeing that makes me happy :)
I feel the opposite. First, obviously, the V-pets where the weakest selling part of the franchise, otherwise they wouldn't have left it behind. Seems to me the anime and video games are what built their initial audience.
And as for the anime, I think changing it up is why it survived as long as it did. Not keeping to a single formula allowed it to keep itself distinct from Pokemon and kept it from getting stale. There's always that thought about "wonder what they'll do next" whereas Pokemon is always predictable, both the anime and games.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The most recent post has been removed.

Every thread where V-Pets comes up in the news does not need to derail in the exact same fashion of people jumping in arguing about their thoughts on 'where the franchise went wrong' because they didn't get what they wanted.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we might actually get Meicoomon's Baby II and Child stages in Virus Busters and thus finally get names for them.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media