Pendulum Z Secret Info from MonMon Memo, Including 2nd Wave and Evolution Reveals

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
EXTREMELY excited for Wormmon; my boy finally getting some love. These look rad!!

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really interested to see how they incorporate Virus Busters into Folder Continent. It was the only original field to not be assigned an area, and the little background image on the device doesn't give any hints, being just a flash in the sky. How are they gonna tie it in? Is it going to literally be in the sky, like on a never-before-seen floating landmass or something? That'd be neat.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could be somewhere near the southern tip of the continent, near Nature Spirits, since that’s where Holy Angel Castle was in the manga.

inukaiser

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why they put Taimon instead of Hawkmon?.Its supposed to be Hawkmon-Aquilamon-Silphy-Valkyrymon.Sorry but they messed up

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why they put Taimon instead of Hawkmon?.Its supposed to be Hawkmon-Aquilamon-Silphy-Valkyrymon.Sorry but they messed up
Because Hawkmon is going to appear in Wind Guardians. They're refering here to Nature Spirits.

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@inukaiser Silphymon is equally a Tailmon evolution, and like Notus said Hawkmon is going to appear in Wind Guardians and they're going to Jogress together. All that being said I'm really looking forward to the new Wind Guardians set and I hope they have a few new plant digimon featured in it.

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It may be good option for Armadimon to have SlashAngemon but IMO it still feel like it's belonging to Patamon due to this color.

It needs to share with Armadimon's evo line's color, that yellow. Not the entire blue color all over like Seraphimon. 50/50 equally of both jogress partners' color for the whole appearance/design. I'm not supporting for the recolor of SlashAngemon, nah no way.

But still glad this empty slot got filled due to Vikemon went to Gomamon's.
We know that color actually has nothing to do in Evolution line.
Yea we got some digimon like Agumon and Gabumon who have similar colors in their evolution lines but it (the color thing) is not the absolute rule.

We have Piyomon (pink) to Birdramon (orange) to Garudamon (red) to Hououmon (yellow).

We have Tentomon (red) to Kabuterimon (blue) to AtlurKabuterimon (red again) to HeracleKabuterimon (yellow).

I mention Piyomon and Tentomon because there was no rule about colors in evolution line since the first generation. Not all digimon evolution is like Hackmon's or Zubamon's.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...? I'm talking about the jogressed Perfect levels supposed to share both colors or other things of two jogress partners then evolve to Ultimate that tend to share one or at least two things. Valkyrimon kept Silphymon's feathers and holy element from Valkyrie's name origin, etc.

Here I am, seeing SlashAngemon, it doesn't feel like there are any parts of "Armadimon's" in there even if metal armor is his thing.

Yes I know evolution lines doesn't have to be very Pokemon. Digimon logic. But I only bring up when SlashAngemon got brought into Armadimon's empty slot of Ultimate form to question about it.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool to see the other three will be coming to Pendulum Z as well.

There was that Folder Report that talked about the Ancient Digimon wasn't there? I suspect the other half of the group will be likely candidates to show up. Other than that I have no idea. :unsure:

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Sparrow Hawk
Because Shakkoumon doesn't resemble both Ankylomon and Angemon in terms of color in the first place?

But it keeps the elements from Ankylomon's armor and Angemon's angelic figure. It goes same way as I see SlashAngemon has that elements from Armadimon (the armor, the sharpy blades) and Patamon (the angel form).

Shakkoumon and SlashAngemon still have the elements from their pre evolutions.

Examon is also a red dragon born from green and silver digimon. It doesn't have everything from its pre jogress material except it's a dragon. I know you say a jogressed Perfect level but this Shakkoumon jogress thing is a similar concept to what we got from Examon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Examon hmm somewhat acceptable.

I think putting SlashAngemon in Shakkoumon's Ultimate slot is probably another new case of Gomamon's Ultimate slot whose it brought tons of complications to death about Plesiomon, MarineAngemon, and Vikemon until Tri. If they show SlashAngemon's evolving transformation, it better include "Armadimon/Shakkoumon's things" there.

Examon and Shakkoumon are two bizzare ones for jogress I think? Examon had special history unlike Shakkoumon, it used to be a normal non-jogress Ultimate form before moving to Jogress. While there are tons of new jogresses shared their own previous evo: Ragnamon, Rafflesimon, GraceNovamon, Jesmon GX, etc

Which is why I wanted Shakkoumon's "Ultimate level form" must keep sharing one or two things from their evos.

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, there are many jogress forms that share their pre evolutions' elements like the ones you mentioned. But there are also some jogress forms that don't, like Examon, Voltabautamon, Huanglongmon, and Shakkoumon.

If we can accept that the swords (and maybe the mask) of Voltabautamon are the only things it took from Piemon, even the swords don't look the same, I think it's fair to accept SlashAngemon as Shakkoumon's Ultimate.
As both of them share similarities:
Shakkoumon is a full body armored digimon with natural angelic wings, while SlashAngemon is an angel digimon with metalic wings.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Voltobautamon is kind of a poor example. For one thing, it was specifically designed to be Vamdemon's and Piemon's Jogress, while SlashAngemon was originally a separate standalone Digimon with some thematic similarities. Also, even if it's not a mix of body parts of the two, the concept itself is a nearly perfect fusion of two: gothic aristocratic masquerade carnival-goer.

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I'm just gonna cry in my little American corner here. Wave 1 still hasn't come to P-Bandai USA, and now it looks like it's not going to. And I don't even remember which proxy I used for my Ver. 20th I might have even just gotten lucky and found someone on ebay after the fact who wasn't charging $200 for one.

As for Armadimon, I'm glad it gets something now that Gomamon stole Vikemon. I mean, I know it was the same in Lost Evolution but, unlike there, these are clearly meant to be direct references to the 02 partners, not just random instances of the same species, so it gives us an idea of what Iori's Armadimon could have become. Although, I would have preferred Goddramon. I love SlashAngemon's design, have since DMW3, but I feel Goddramon blends the elements of Ankylomon and Angemon better, despite originating before Armadimon itself. Even though it would make Shakkoumon an outlier.

Last edited:

LopmonDE

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello! Made an account just to ask this. Ironic, I can’t believe I didn’t have one already.
Anyway, I want the Armadimon all the way to SlashAngemon line.

so aside from purchasing Deep Savers, do I need to purchase Metal Empire too? Or just “a second version” no matter what it is???

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello! Made an account just to ask this. Ironic, I can’t believe I didn’t have one already.
Anyway, I want the Armadimon all the way to SlashAngemon line.

so aside from purchasing Deep Savers, do I need to purchase Metal Empire too? Or just “a second version” no matter what it is???
Here's how it works.
By connecting any Wave 1s, to either of the others you will get one of the 02 Digimon. Which one you get depends on the version. Gatomon for Nature Spirits, Armadillomon for Deep Savers, and Wormmon for Nightmare Soldiers.
Wave 2 will presumably work the same way, Hawkmon for Wing Guardians, Veemon for Metal Empire, and Patamon for Virus Busters. You will then have to raise Armadillomon to Ankylomon and Patamon to Angemon, and connect the DS with the VB to get Shakkoumon, which you'll then be able to Digivolve into SlashAngemon. So you'll need a total of four, two Wave 1s, one of which is DS, and two Wave 2s, one of which is VB.
Though they may be nice and make it so connecting a Wave 1 to a Wave 2 will also unlock the special routes.

LopmonDE

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's how it works.
you'll need a total of four, two Wave 1s, one of which is DS, and two Wave 2s, one of which is VB. Though they may be nice and make it so connecting a Wave 1 to a wave 2 will also unlock the special routes.
oh wow I never considered needing FOUR. Yes, Virus Busters makes more sense, but the way they worded them I was confused if it was VB or ME I needed. For example, it said “to get Silphymon, Shakkoumon and Dinobeemon you need WG, ME, and VB” in that order. So that’s why I thought I may need Metal Empire, plus SlashAngemon is Metal lol.

I don’t think I’ll consider it at all if I need four, I just assumed that connecting to a different version unlocked the 02 route, and connecting to two or more gave you the Agumon/Agnimon route.... and the second wave would be the same, but with Gabumon/Wolfmon.

ugh, thanks for the reply, even if it was a letdown! :)

Tetsuya Suoh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's how it works.
you'll need a total of four, two Wave 1s, one of which is DS, and two Wave 2s, one of which is VB. Though they may be nice and make it so connecting a Wave 1 to a wave 2 will also unlock the special routes.
oh wow I never considered needing FOUR. Yes, Virus Busters makes more sense, but the way they worded them I was confused if it was VB or ME I needed. For example, it said “to get Silphymon, Shakkoumon and Dinobeemon you need WG, ME, and VB” in that order. So that’s why I thought I may need Metal Empire, plus SlashAngemon is Metal lol.

I don’t think I’ll consider it at all if I need four, I just assumed that connecting to a different version unlocked the 02 route, and connecting to two or more gave you the Agumon/Agnimon route.... and the second wave would be the same, but with Gabumon/Wolfmon.

ugh, thanks for the reply, even if it was a letdown! :)
Well, that's just my cynical assumption. More restrictions = more money for Bandai. I could be wrong, and that would be a pleasant surprise.
I'm in the same boat as you. For me, I like blue, so Deep Savers is the obvious choice. I also like angels, the Patamon line specifically, so Virus Busters is also the natural choice. But I'm trying to move, and that costs money, so I can't afford any frivolous spending. I may not even get one.

Last edited:

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ordered mine using an anime-stuff shop as intermediary, so what I'm planning to do to get Armadimon (mine's a Deep Saver) is to stay for a couple hours in the shop once the Pendulums arrive and see if anyone else comes to pick up theirs.

It's a moot point anyway since I'm definitely getting the Metal Empire one instead of the Virus Buster unless the ME roster is terrible.

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Voltobautamon is kind of a poor example. For one thing, it was specifically designed to be Vamdemon's and Piemon's Jogress, while SlashAngemon was originally a separate standalone Digimon with some thematic similarities. Also, even if it's not a mix of body parts of the two, the concept itself is a nearly perfect fusion of two: gothic aristocratic masquerade carnival-goer.
You said it.
The concept of Voltobautamon is nearly perfect fusion of two. While SlashAngemon has some thematic similarities.

The point is, SlashAngemon thematically fits as Shakkoumon's Ultimate. This is about how we accept Shakkoumon's Ultimate based on what Bandai gave us in Pendulum Z. Because its Ultimate form is a forever question since Vikemon filled Gomamon's Ultimate especially in Adventure stories.