Pendulum Z Intro & Communication Unlock Info from MonMon Memo

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me the shaking mechanic of the Ver.20th Pendulums got tedious after a while (especially for Data and Virus types) so I hope these don't exclusively rely on that feature. But it's cool to see the series continuing and all the new Digimon designs so far have been absolutely fantastic.

The Agumon line(s?) will keep me happy, also the Agnimon line is a neat surprise addition and I'm sure Frontier fans are pleased with this - but it sucks that you have to have all three to unlock them.

Speaking of Frontier mons, I'm seeing a recurring theme with members of the Ancient Warrior Ten being added. I'm guessing Ancient Sphinxmon is a shoo-in for Nightmare Soldiers. But with Agnimon's line in there it'll seem a bit strange if Ancient Greymon isn't on any of these to go with it.

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If a second wave with Dragon's Roar, Metal Empire and Virus Busters happens, I expect AncientGreymon to be on DR.

EDIT: Forgot about Wind Guardians, so maybe the Pendulum Z will have 3 waves like the X series?

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing there'll be a second wave with Wind Guardians, Metal Empire, and Virus Busters, just following the pattern they have now. If they do have a third wave- they might already be planning on having three waves like with the Digital Monster X, or maybe they'll do it if the first two are successful enough- they could use the fields that weren't used in the original Pendulum; Dragon's Roar, Jungle Troopers, and... Dark Area? Unknown?

You could argue Nature Spirits and Wind Guardians make Jungle Troopers kind of redundant, likewise with Nightmare Soldiers and Dark Area. But we haven't seen the Wind Guardians roster yet; it might be all birds/flying dragons with the plant Digimon going to Jungle Troopers. And if Nightmare Soldiers is less demons and more Halloween monsters and other spooky critters, then Dark Area could be home to the more hellish Digimon. Plus we haven't seen nearly as many dragons and dinosaurs as I would normally expect from Digimon, so Dragon's Roar would be perfect for those.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they only have 2 waves in mind right now
Mostly because the unlockables all have perfect mirrors for a second wave, but not on a third
tailmon line > patamon line
armadimon line > hawkmon line
wormmon line >v-mon line
agumon line > gabumon line
agnimon line > lobomon line
bond of courage > bond of friendship

I wonder if there will be new unlockables by using a wave 1 Z pendulum and a wave 2 one

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mostly because the unlockables all have perfect mirrors for a second wave, but not on a third
wormmon line >v-mon line

I wonder if there will be new unlockables by using a wave 1 Z pendulum and a wave 2 one
Stingmon, Ankylomon, etc evolutions hopefully.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wormmon line >v-mon line

You're probably right about that, but it would be really nice to see. And hey, the advertising for Pendulum Z is framing it as like, a nature research expedition which would be a perfect opportunity to introduce "newly discovered" Fields not included in the original Pendulums. Also I'm sure there will be plenty more unlockables to encourage people to buy more v-pets :p