Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #8- Wind Guardians

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree with the others, though. If any more Pendulums are coming, I do expect them to be the ‘Pendulum Z Progress’ or whatever, she consist of the remaining three Pendulums - Dragon’s Roar, Armageddon’s Army, and Animal Colosseum.
I’m not sure, though, as they’re clearly milking nostalgia with these.
I never paid too much attention to the later Pendulums, but from what I could make of it, Dragon's Roar is for dragonic/dinosauric and sometimes flame-based Digimon. Animal Colosseum is for bestial Digimon (as in mostly mammalian, though also some birds). But is there anything special about Armageddon Army, or is it really just a mixture (or rather a clash) of Virus Busters and Nightmare Soldiers?

Come to think of it, where does Jungle Troopers even come from? Was that field original to the card game, or did it derive from somewhere else? Interestingly enough, Cyber Sleuth (which tied the fields to Support Skills that boost certain elemental attacks) had a, not Jungle Troopers, but Primal Trooper, which was tied to neutral attacks (they also tied holy or light attacks to Justice Genome, which is one of the Digimon Accel versions..... maybe someone thought Virus Busters sounded too discriminating in a game where you could utilize Viruses?). I did a bit of searching, and Primal Trooper is apparently the name of a zone in the Xros Loader.
Incidentally, the other zones in the Xros Loader are the initial Pendulum fields (excluding Virus Busters, but including Dragon's Roar), Lost Forest, Sand Ruins, Ice Sanctuary, Volcanic Legion, and Heaven's Hell.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jungle Troopers did originate in the card game, since there was no existing Field for Insect/Plant Digimon after Nature Spirits and Wind Guardians were assigned to Beast and Bird Digimon. Since they used Dragon’s Roar, I don’t know why they didn’t just give Animal Coliseum to Beast Digimon and use Nature Spirits for Insect/Plant.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jungle Troopers did originate in the card game, since there was no existing Field for Insect/Plant Digimon after Nature Spirits and Wind Guardians were assigned to Beast and Bird Digimon. Since they used Dragon’s Roar, I don’t know why they didn’t just give Animal Coliseum to Beast Digimon and use Nature Spirits for Insect/Plant.
It sort of originated in the pets as Digimon Accelerator premiered a year before the Digimon Alpha Evolve TCG.

In the toy instead of regular experience points you earn DNA in one of eight categories that splits your evolutions: Dragon, Beast, Aquatic, Dark, MachineMutant, Bird, Holy, and InsectPlant. The field revamp from Alpha seems to been derived from this, and it also Seems that this is where nature spirits became the “beast” field when previously beasts were split between Nightmare Soldiers and Virus Busters.

But is there anything special about Armageddon Army, or is it really just a mixture (or rather a clash) of Virus Busters and Nightmare Soldiers?
I interpreted it as being the Christian mythology category and obviously there’s not enough monsters to support that.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Come to think of it, the card game did invent Unknown and Dark Area, so I probably shouldn't be too surprised that it introduced Jungle Troopers.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. 4 new Digimon + giant eye snake. These are nice new Digimon. Those will work well for new evo lines.

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, I'd kinda forgotten just how much I like Cockatrimon. On its own certainly, but especially as the Adult stage of Hawkmon!