Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #8- Wind Guardians

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Blossomon has nothing unique and neither do these guys and that basically makes Blossomon rare

Lotusmon.

Ceresmon too.

While there are around 350 Ultimates if you subtract the dragons and knights it’s closer to only 200: the dang things make up over a third of the entire level!

...So, still more than Perfects if you also take out their dragons and knights?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...So, still more than Perfects if you also take out their dragons and knights?

Close! It’s actually around 20 more Digimon in the Perfect’s favor with this restriction, but I think that may be because there’s only like 4 Perfect level knight Digimon. The glut of the Ultimate level knight spam evolves from dragons.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lotosmon is the mega of Lalamon line. Ceresmon is the mega of sirenmon.

And every plant monster ending in rosemon and lotosmon is really lame. That was my point. The new ones works for Ceresmon I think but Plant needs new Megas. There's so little of them and not everyone should have Lotos or Rosemon. Since they have actual lines all the other plant monsters feel like filler. Blossomon like I said has no fitting Mega. Could've got one here.

And Ceresmon isn't even in the DRB annoyingly.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why everyone still believe Lotusmon is Lalamon's Ultimate? lol no need to tell me. Previous topics were already discussed about this.

Shame Entomon is unique one. Weird, the type is supposed to be Insect if its true form is full of those insect pilots and all Battle Techinuqes aren't impressive as it just rams with front tusks and leaking out the swarms to engulfs enemies wither and die. Hell, it even mentions Dryad while having decayed trees as the puppet. Digimon logic at finest.

I could guess he is Perfect maybe because it's actually too fragile and easily spill unknown insects to move the puppet so therefore it's hardly huge threat enough to be Ultimate level? Just launch Giga Destroyer at it and destroy all insects in one go then what? Rapid Reproduction to resupply insects to move puppet? Or there will be no more remaining swarms to move it? So many theories inside my head screaming at me.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, even if the basic Ultimate slots don’t have anything new, there’s still a chance with the still-hidden Ultimate+ slots. Though there is some theorizing those unknown Digimon could possibly be the Olympis XII and not something new, so we have to wait and see.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the context of the Pendulum V-Pets (ver.20th to be exact), Lotusmon is undeniably Lalamon's Ultimate.

Anyways, Rosemon and Lotusmon might as well be interchangeable; but between Lilimon and Lilamon, Lilimon gets Rosemon-precedence.

It never mentions anywhere that Entmon itself is "piloted" by the insects. Entmon is the one controlling the insects to move its own body. It's as what the profile literally says, the insects are "muscles", not the "brain".

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm it didn't mention about how to control those insects like using pheromones or something like that? It's weird Entomon without the insects is just immobile. Like... Mechanorimon but he isn't Machine type.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the end, many people here seem like they love the new Digimon designs, traditionally monstrous ones at that even, so I feel they at least accomplished in that area.

I'm just here wondering if the next arc in Adventure: will give us another surprise Pendulum Z reveal.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Entmon is basiclaly the one Digimon that is outright "Insect/Plant". Like, he's outright both lol. I always disliked that "Insect/Plant" was one combined species.

anyway Lotosmon is the Mega that was created for Lalamon, and most games do that. The anime is the one that swapped her for Rosemon prob for marketing reasons.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't forget about rafflesimon guys.

Also I am hoping those slots are jogress digimon.

RukasuStorm

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
anyway Lotosmon is the Mega that was created for Lalamon, and most games do that. The anime is the one that swapped her for Rosemon prob for marketing reasons.

Didn't Savers predate Lotusmon?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Didn't Savers predate Lotusmon?
Lotusmon debuted in Savers as BioLotusmon with the regular version coming out a few months later.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The original version would obviously exist for them to them to make up a Bio version of it. Toei were obviously sent the designs to be able to do so and decided to use her as a bad guy instead of the protag like she was probably supposed to be.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Remember when being part reptile was one of Palmon's core characteristics?
Being paired to the 100% plant Togemon leading into the fairy designs of Lilimon and Rosemon has diminished this part of Palmon's design over the years, very often its lizard-like qualities are downplayed in artwork, presenting her more as a smooth blobby flower spirit.

Funny thing that you mention this, because Rosemon originally debuted in the Digital Card Battle game as Babamon's true form. Palmon used to barely be connected to it at all until the anime introduced Togemon and especially Lilimon down the line. When you think about it, the Adventure evolution chains are pretty unique among anime protagonists because they're mostly a hodgepodge of pre-existing Digimon from multiple different sources (though Pendulum lines were somewhat common). But in every anime (and some manga and games) afterwards, almost all the protagonists came with brand new Digimon whose entire chains were already pre-designed, with only an occasional side character paired up with an older Digimon (which would typically only evolve into one higher stage, not showcasing an entire chain from Child to Ultimate, let alone BabyI to Ultimate).

Entmon is basiclaly the one Digimon that is outright "Insect/Plant". Like, he's outright both lol. I always disliked that "Insect/Plant" was one combined species.

I'm not too concerned with insects and plants being combined into a "nature" category (it manages to avoid being like Pokemon where Bug somehow gets to constitute an entire element), but the way they distributed the two is pretty horrible. As I mentioned, Vaccine plants are close to non-existent (Virus at least got a decent bunch of plants in the original Pendulum, and now this new Pendulum, and you could MAYBE count the Algomon line). Meanwhile, almost all the plants belong to Data, but Data itself is lacking in insects, with about the only things it has being the two Yanmamon variants and Scorpiomon. Insect Digimon themselves mainly boil down to the Kabuterimon family (Vaccine, but with occasional Viruses) and the Kuwagamon family (pretty much all Virus, lest you count the more machine-based Kokuwamon, which is Data), though the Wormmon/Stingmon family (mostly Free) has also seen a bit of expansion in recent years with Hudiemon and BanchoStingmon. It's a shame, because there's quite a few lower-level insects that are just entirely stand-alone..... in fact, aside from the aforementioned Scorpiomon, I think they're all either Adults or the Knowledge Digimental set of Armors.

Also, the sad thing about them going for Rosemon in Savers: we all know that wouldn't have been the case had the Adventure cast just gotten their Ultimate forms a lot earlier (or to be more specific, had they been properly shown off in the anime rather than being obscurely mentioned in a few games, with the former never happening until Tri about a decade later). Incidentally, I wonder what could've been had we gotten a Lotusmon Burst Mode (I guess it could still technically happen, but Burst Modes seem like they were a one-and-done deal with the Savers protagonists and never touched on again).

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There was a new Burst Mode in Super Xros Wars.

although yeah I had never even realised Lotosmon Burst Mode would be a thing. Huh.

And Insects and Plants sharing with Birds is why all three lack so much. Like outside of Falcomon, Biyomon, and Hawkmon the birds are super lacking.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And Insects and Plants sharing with Birds is why all three lack so much. Like outside of Falcomon, Biyomon, and Hawkmon the birds are super lacking.
There’s also the chicken samurai but they’re not even in the reference book despite being the arguable stars of two separate games : once as the chief antagonist and once as the only new playable Digimon.

There being so few birds made splitting the insects and plants out of Wind Guardians turned that category even emptier than the Deep Savers.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That’s why we have filler stuff like DigiTamamon being the official Perfect for like four totally unrelated Ultimates. As the only level in the upper three stages not to crack even 300 Digimon it creates a ton of bottlenecks.
Devitamamon, at least, is understandable (and HolyDigitamamon if the damn thing were ever released). But I can see your point when Digitamamon is working as the in-between for Ogremon and Titamon for no reason other than...... they're all green, with spiky toes, I guess (SkullGreymon at least keeps a bone motif going). It also seems to constantly be treated as the Perfect form for Minervamon (you'd think for a snake-themed Virus, Orochimon would fit much better, but oddly, that evolution has yet to happen..... though I guess that just leads to another bottlenecking issue, with Orochimon already having confirmed Ultimates in Xuanwumon and now Nidhoggmon). Just out of curiosity, did you have any other Ultimates in mind? Bacchusmon, maybe, but it also evolves from Piccolomon (which seems more fitting). It's also been evolving to Belphemon in recent games, but we all know it's only because Astamon's not around (and thankfully, they have the sense to also have it evolve from Wisemon, which seems a more sensible substitute).

There’s also the chicken samurai but they’re not even in the reference book despite being the arguable stars of two separate games : once as the chief antagonist and once as the only new playable Digimon.

There being so few birds made splitting the insects and plants out of Wind Guardians turned that category even emptier than the Deep Savers.
I know the over-usage of dragons was brought up earlier, but for what it's worth, Wind Guardians could also be composed of winged dragons (especially those whose entire shtick focuses on aerial prowess and wind-based attacks rather than raw strength and fire-breathing, see: the V-dramon line, the Slayerdramon line, and Dynasmon).

Last edited:

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Insects and plants were never together with the birds. The insects were together with the beasts in Nature Spirits, and the plants with the birds in Wind Guardians. That’s how it was in both the original Pendulums and Hyper Colosseum.
Alpha Evolve then made WG pure bird, NSp pure beast, and combined the plants and insects into Jungle Troopers.

It’s also worth noting that the last time the Alpha Evolve-style were used - Digimon Story: Lost Evolution - the insects and plants were separated again, giving us nine fields (Dragons/Dinosaurs, Beasts, Insects, Plants, Birds, Marine Animals, Machines, Dark Digimon, and Holy Digimon).
The names of the fields were not in that game, though, so what either would have been named is unknown.
I would imagine, the plants would have kept Jungle Troopers, the insects would have adopted Nature Spirits, and the beasts would have become Animal Colosseum, but that’s just a guess.

I agree with the others, though. If any more Pendulums are coming, I do expect them to be the ‘Pendulum Z Progress’ or whatever, she consist of the remaining three Pendulums - Dragon’s Roar, Armageddon’s Army, and Animal Colosseum.
I’m not sure, though, as they’re clearly milking nostalgia with these.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nature Spirits wasn’t even really beasts as far as the v-pet went. There was really just Tailmon, SaberLeomon, and MetalEtemon. That’s less than 15% of the roster.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think fields are really supposed to be more indicative of the kind of environment a Digimon lives in than their physical attributes honestly. Hence why Digimon species can have multiple fields, or why that one Etemon card where it's floating in a tube on the ocean is counted as a Deep Savers Digimon. Heck, the term is FIELD, and in HC cards like Nature Spirits were treated as field cards, which also included obvious physical locations like Dark City or whatever.