Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #8- Wind Guardians

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report website has updated with more information! Not a shock since the Pendulum Z 2s just went up to pre-order!

For now we are using the machine translations from the site, but will update as time allows.

The report information moves on to Wind Guardians, from the Z2, this time:

As the second step of the investigation, we first went to the jungle area, which is one of the habitats of Digimon classified as "WIND GUARDIANS".

The first thing that was discovered there was the new dinosaur Digimon "Parasaumon." It didn't matter if "Palmon" was bathing next to a group of several heads drinking water on the riverside, and I heard that they had a relatively calm temper.

In its feet to as "Kokatorimon," "Diatrymon" are each other strife Concerning food, had mimic the fruit "Pomumon" was seen how the escape in a hurry is."

The scent of "Vegiemon" drifting throughout the jungle fades as you go deeper into the jungle, creating a completely different and mysterious odor. A newly discovered Level Ultimate Digimon called "Tropiamon" was striding there. Its ecology, which disperses deadly poison, is powerful enough to raise the risk of this jungle area.

The jungle where "WIND GUARDIANS" Digimon live is transforming into one of the most dangerous areas in the Folder Continent.

And a nearly complete lineup for Wind Guardians in the Pendulum Z 2!

This time we get 23 out of the 25, with only 2 being a mystery. And out of those 23 4 of them are new Digimon!

In addition, the 4 new Digimon from Wind Guardians have been added to the reference book from the Pendulum Z. Nidhoggmon was also added.

Pomumon, Parasaurmon, Toropiamon, Entmon, Nidhoggmon

Update- Plus, the Nature Spirits chart was updated with another Digimon...

Nidhoggmon was one of the previously unrevealed Digimon for Nature Spirits! Not putting up the full image this time since it's in a previous one, but did put up the portion with Nidhoggmon. Their custom overwrite for names also doesn't appear to be working for him at the moment, still showing the Japanese text.

Thanks to a number of people for sending that in.

More details, including how to pre-order, the Digimon Pendulum Z 2 can be found here.

Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #1, focusing on Nature Spirits, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #2, focusing on Deep Savers, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #3, focusing on Nightmare Soldiers can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #4, featuring an update on Nature Spirits, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #5, featuring an update on Deep Savers, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #6, featuring an update on Nightmare Soldiers can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #7, Z Report Volume 1, featuring a connection to ancient Digimon can be found here.

Attachments

Last edited:

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, after seeing the chart and that "indian hat" on parausurmon really says that it will be hawkmon's new digivolutions route.

DigiDestiny

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel a little proud of myself for predicting Tinkermon as the virus child (even though I didn't really believe it myself). I'm a little bit disappointed they went with anime Faclomon, but at least they kept Diatrymon. Also not super happy about Entmon being perfect level, it looks like it was meant to evolve from Toropiamon, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about this roster is the Ultimates. I kinda knew this was gonna happen if they wanted to have all the great dragons and holy beasts, but I wish there was a little more room for some more niche or unexpected choices. Overall though, I think this roster represents Wind Guardians pretty well, and the new Digimon on are amazing. Definitely can't wait to get this one.

One a side note, Toropiamon is HUGE. Definitely way bigger than I would've expected based on his profile art.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The hugest WTF moments were:

Pomumon is being Plant digimon despite the report said Dinosaur. Yet it's another new Data Plant Child.... No new bird digimon sad

Parasaurmon is Virus. Tropiamon is Virus. Herbivore dino and Tropical trees... Got Virus lol wtf?!

Entomon is NOT ULTIMATE and... Confirmed Perfect level.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Slightly disappointed we're getting Savers Falcomon instead of Accel Falcomon, but this is a good roster overall. Also pleasantly surprised that Parasaurmon is a Virus. I love cute Viruses, like Shakomon and Wormmon and Otamamon.

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish there were a few more plant Digimon featured, like Kiwimon or Delumon, but I'm really happy with the roundup (minus 2006 Falcomon, the original deserves better). I can't wait to raise a Pomumon, it's so cute and Tropiamon is really cool too, definitely one of my new favorites. Entmon should have been Ultimate so that it could evolve from Tropiamon, big missed opportunity there as well

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just to note for people, Nidhoggmon was added to the Nature Spirits roster as the hidden Ultimate.

Anyways, a little sad to see Entmon wasn't an Ultimate and that WG ended up being the dumping grounds for two Ancient and two Holy Beast Digimon, but it's the best fit at the end of the day. Plus, 4 new Digimon and the underutilized Tinkermon and Petermon being here is nice. Loving the designs of the new Digimon so far, but I need to read up on the profiles and wait for that to sink in before I can say exactly how I feel about them.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like they originally left it blank because it was a Digimon Adventure: spoiler. So that mystery spot in Nightmare Soldiers is definitely gonna be the next antagonist, right?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish there were a few more plant Digimon featured, like Kiwimon or Delumon, but I'm really happy with the roundup
That was never going to happen, frankly. Kiwimon and Delumon debuted in the original Wind Guardians v-pet, so naturally they weren't going to reuse them.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like they originally left it blank because it was a Digimon Adventure: spoiler. So that mystery spot in Nightmare Soldiers is definitely gonna be the next antagonist, right?
This is my assumption too, it’d make sense that they left it unrevealed until now since the anime itself had a several week hiatus due to, you know, the whole pandemic lol. So it’s entirely possible the NSo spot would’ve been revealed by now if the hiatus hadn’t happened.

Either way, the next big villain was teased in the lastest Adventure: episode so I guess it’s just a matter of time before we see it?

The other big question mark (literally) is what the two mystery slots in every device is. Doesn’t feel like the reboot series is in any place to be showing off any Digimon that powerful yet, so I’m hoping they’re new original Digimon. I hope at least 1 slot is unique to each device, I’d like to see a really powerful plant-bird Digimon in WG lol.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just to note for people, Nidhoggmon was added to the Nature Spirits roster as the hidden Ultimate.

Anyways, a little sad to see Entmon wasn't an Ultimate and that WG ended up being the dumping grounds for two Ancient and two Holy Beast Digimon, but it's the best fit at the end of the day. Plus, 4 new Digimon and the underutilized Tinkermon and Petermon being here is nice. Loving the designs of the new Digimon so far, but I need to read up on the profiles and wait for that to sink in before I can say exactly how I feel about them.
I have no doubt Entmon was designed to be Pomumon's Ultimate but then they ran out of space due to having to cram in 2 Holy Beasts, 2 Ancient Warriors, AND Ravemon.

DigiDestiny

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm thinking it could be also be Millenniumon, and they've kept it a secret until they show the Metal Empire roster which would have Mugendramon. Part of me hopes this isn't the case though, I think Mugendramon has showed up more than enough, so I'd like to be his spot taken by a less common Digimon.

Also I just realized that this is the first roster that doesn't have any returning Digimon from the original Pendulums. I wonder if it's just because they didn't have much space for it here, or if they're gonna continue this trend with the rest of wave two (in which case Millenniumon probably wouldn't be showing up).

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish there were a few more plant Digimon featured, like Kiwimon or Delumon, but I'm really happy with the roundup
That was never going to happen, frankly. Kiwimon and Delumon debuted in the original Wind Guardians v-pet, so naturally they weren't going to reuse them.
They re-used Devimon, Holydramon and MarinAngemon from the original Pendulums so I assumed they were fine with using one or two. I totally understand not using them too, I just don't like seeing the imbalance that's present

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they robbed Pommemon of her Ultimate because they want to position the line for Bacchusmon, later? It's all fruit themed, a lot of pink accents, and Tropiamon is both intoxicating and sweet and poisonous? That all sounds like Bacchusmon's wine.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like this line-up a lot. More than I did any of the 3 from the first wave.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, after seeing the chart and that "indian hat" on parausurmon really says that it will be hawkmon's new digivolutions route.
...that's not a hat, mate. Parasaumon is based on the Parasaurolophus, and, uh,

...they had heads like that.
Entomon is NOT ULTIMATE and... Confirmed Perfect level.
Well, yeah, duh. It's a slightly modified Gokimon.
The other big question mark (literally) is what the two mystery slots in every device is. Doesn’t feel like the reboot series is in any place to be showing off any Digimon that powerful yet, so I’m hoping they’re new original Digimon. I hope at least 1 slot is unique to each device, I’d like to
Ravemon Burst Mode is probably one of them.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very likely not. There's no reason for them to hide the existence of a 14+ year-old Digimon. Every time they hide a part of a V-Pet roster, it's always a brand-new or very recently revealed Digimon (or in Hexablaumon's case, a Digimon that has been leaked very early, but hasn't been formally and officially revealed until said V-Pet).

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very likely not. There's no reason for them to hide the existence of a 14+ year-old Digimon. Every time they hide a part of a V-Pet roster, it's always a brand-new or very recently revealed Digimon (or in Hexablaumon's case, a Digimon that has been leaked very early, but hasn't been formally and officially revealed until said V-Pet).
Except Susanoomon is for sure one of the two hidden Super Ultimates in every evolution chart.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a few days ago I was reminiscing about my childhood obsession with dinosaurs and lamenting the fact that there's no digimon based on the Parasaurolophus, since it's one of the most well-known species (and one of my personal favourites). So imagine my surprise when I read this thread.

Anyway Parasourmon is cute and I want 20.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, yeah, duh. It's a slightly modified Gokimon.
Level of detail is too high for Perfect and the form is too similar in basic body structure to a withered Tropiamon to be a coincidence, especially since the cockroach was in the set but in a completely different toy. Either this thing was shuffled around in development, or this was done by a guest artist who cut their teeth drawing the X antibodies.