Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #6- Nightmare Soldiers (Part 2)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report website has updated with more information!

For now we are using the machine translations from the site, but will update as time allows.

The report information moves 'back' to Nightmare Soldiers:

Report: Ecology of Ghostmon

New species of the Level Rookie Digimon "Ghostmon"

It was a strange situation when I first saw the image.

A warlike Digimon race rarely reaches out to a Digimon that has been injured in a battle. However, it was seen that the pale light that floated the injured Digimon led to a safe place. The true nature of this light was ghost mon.

Appearance this Digimon became the new discovery to war is not seen rarely, on the contrary trying to Zareyo with other Digimon Labramon or chasing after, Witchmon and fly in the sky caught the broom, the action principle Hard to understand. In addition to more unpredictable behaviour, ghostmons clear their bodies and move through all materials, making continuous observation difficult.

There's still much to be understood about this elusive, strange Digimon. It will be necessary to continue observing for a while.

There was no update on the lineup.

More details, including how to pre-order, the Digimon Pendulum Z can be found here.

Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #1, focusing on Nature Spirits, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #2, focusing on Deep Savers, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #3, focusing on Nightmare Soldiers can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #4, featuring an update on Nature Spirits, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #5, featuring an update on Deep Savers, can be found here.

Attachments

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully next week they start revealing the mystery Ultimates.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shit I forgot all about the zs.
Hopefully next week they start revealing the mystery Ultimates.
I hope so aswell because I am really curious but at the same time I'm not expecting anyone to special.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is Zareyo?
It's Bandai's machine translation messing up. It couldn't manage to translate 戯れよう, so it just transliterated it.
Interestingly putting it into google translate, you do get a more sensible translation along the lines of "playing".

Anyway, I am enjoying this Folder Continent Report much more than the Chronicle X storyline, of the previous V-pets (even though I love X-Digimon in general), the whole "Epic throwdown between Ultimates" setup didn't really work dramatically since basically anything epic could only be implied rather than shown, most of the fights were teased right before the end and at some point in another chapter the winner was just kind of... announced.
It was just a terrible format for present a story that needed to rely most of all on the spectacle.

This sort of more informative approach (although I would have preferred an even more scientific tone), that's more about trivia and Digimon ecology and only secondarily about any grand narrative works much better for this kind of side material. (It helps that it's also generally more interesting. Good Digimon fighting evil Digimon is something we find in literally every story of the franchise, but how do they spend their lives when the world is not about to end?)

SentinelBait

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok so I know they didn’t release a lineup, but based on former expansions/announcements, do we think Labramon will be an available partner?
Assuming that’s how any of that works lol very new to e V-pets here,but wanting to get into that aspect of the franchise

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok so I know they didn’t release a lineup, but based on former expansions/announcements, do we think Labramon will be an available partner?
Assuming that’s how any of that works lol very new to e V-pets here,but wanting to get into that aspect of the franchise
They did release a nearly-complete roster... The three Rookies for the Nightmare Soldier version are Data-attributed Ghostmon, Virus-attributed Algomon, and the Vaccine-attributed Labramon.