Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #3- Nightmare Soldiers

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report website has updated with more information!

For now we are using the machine translations from the site, but will update as time allows.

The report information moves on to Nightmare Soldiers this time:

Folder Dark land on the continent. A terrifying Digimon area where no ordinary Digimon can approach. Many dark Digimon that are classified as "Nightmare Soldiers" are nesting here. In the forest where strange signs can be seen Ghostmon Was observed for the first time. Pass through the forest and climb the stairs leading to the majestic structures, and you will see Witchmon flying elegantly. After climbing the stairs, a castle appears and Cerberusmon is watching the gate. And Devimon was seated at the top of the castle. Devimon seems to have returned and attacked the Digimon who have been challenging for a long time in this harsh place where dark Digimon constantly fight. Stronger forces than ever have been measured from the dark ground, and it seems that the “Nightmare Soldiers” force is still expanding.

And a nearly complete lineup for Nightmare Soldiers in the Pendulum Z!

This time we get 22 out of the 25, with only 3 being a mystery. But out of those reveals 2 of them are new Digimon.

In addition, the 2 new Digimon from Nightmare Soldiers have been added to the reference book from the Pendulum Z.

Algomon Baby 1 and Ghostmon!

More details, including how to pre-order, the Digimon Pendulum Z can be found here.

Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #1, focusing on Nature Spirits, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #2, focusing on Deep Savers, can be found here.

Attachments

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am happy that there really is an Algomon Baby I. I've always adored Algomon, even when it was just the Perfect and Ultimate.

It is on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" that I've been a denier of its existence. Unless there's conclusive proof that it exists, it doesn't exist. A single frame that only shows up for less than a fraction of a second is not conclusive proof. Even in similar Frontier examples, the silhouettes of the previous forms are clearly visible for a good few seconds before changing shape, completely recognizable without any need for pausing a split-second frame.

Also disappointing that there isn't many other new Nightmare Soldiers.

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not really a fan of Algomon being in there at all, especially the baby forms, but I'm not terribly surprised. I like the rest of the lineup, though!

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like Ghostmon is "only" Witchmon's Child. It'll probably be used for Bakemon and/or Wizardmon in future, anyway. Wasn't expecting Flarelizamon and Megidramon, but the latter makes sense at least. And only one Ancient Warrior in this one.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised Algomon Baby I got revealed before Adventure.

And just two?! THIS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR

Oh well that's quite sad. I was hoping they'd release equal amounts of "Dark" digimon just like ocean digimons. Damn

So they used Dobermon to Anubismon instead of Siesamon for Labramon. But Labramon is just too cute to be on that scary land!

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And only one Ancient Warrior in this one.
Prior to this reveal, I figured there were two possible distributions of the rest of the Ancients:

AncientSphinxmon and AncientGreymon in Nightmare Soldiers, AncientIrismon and AncientTroiamon in Wind Guardians, AncientWisemon and AncientGarurumon in Metal Empire, and none in Virus Busters, OR

AncientSphinxmon in Nightmare Soldiers, AncientIrismon and AncientTroiamon in Wind Guardians, AncientWisemon in Metal Empire, and AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon in Virus Busters.

I'm now betting the latter is how they'll be distributed.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a bad feeling we wouldn't get many new Nightmare soldiers aside from Ghosmon and I was right :/

Oh well! Like to see who the hidden ones are

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was SUPER unaware that mojyamon was apart of the nightmare soldiers

Well hopefully we get all the ? spaces revealed next week. But imma optimist, at least when it comes to digimon. But in all seriousness hopefully sooner rather than way later.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is still an unknown Ultimate and two Ultimates+. I assumed that the Ultimates+ will be the same 2 across all versions, but given the roster revelation, maybe one of them is an Algomon Ultimate+.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised Algomon Baby I got revealed before Adventure.

And just two?! THIS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR

Oh well that's quite sad. I was hoping they'd release equal amounts of "Dark" digimon just like ocean digimons. Damn
To be fair, did Nightmare Soldiers really need more Digimon compared to Nature Spirits or Deep Savers? I feel like Ghostmon and Algomon Infancy were more than enough considering there were already options aplenty for this field.

Last edited:

DigiDestiny

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Overall, I'd say this roster has a lot fewer "niche" digimon than the other two, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with it. I'm glad to see stuff like NeoDevimon, Deathmon, Ex-Tyrannomon, and Labramon's line. Mojyamon's definitely an odd choice but I can't really complain too much.

I notice the image doesn't have any digimon from the original pendulum like with the Deep Savers and Nature Spirits. I wonder if the silhouette in the background is supposed to be a digimon or not. It kind of reminded me of Belphemon Sleep Mode when I first saw it. I also wonder if maybe that crack in the sky is supposed to be a hint about what's to come... I'm more curious than ever about what else these devices have to offer!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like Mojyamon ended up landing on the wrong Pendulum Z side for dark ones?

I wonder if Flarelizamon is there because of Sunalizamon?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I notice the image doesn't have any digimon from the original pendulum like with the Deep Savers and Nature Spirits. I wonder if the silhouette in the background is supposed to be a digimon or not. It kind of reminded me of Belphemon Sleep Mode when I first saw it. I also wonder if maybe that crack in the sky is supposed to be a hint about what's to come... I'm more curious than ever about what else these devices have to offer!
Based on the description itself, that silhouette is probably a castle or similar structure.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And only one Ancient Warrior in this one.
Prior to this reveal, I figured there were two possible distributions of the rest of the Ancients:
[...]
OR AncientSphinxmon in Nightmare Soldiers, AncientIrismon and AncientTroiamon in Wind Guardians, AncientWisemon in Metal Empire, and AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon in Virus Busters.

I'm now betting the latter is how they'll be distributed.
I agree this is the most likely distribution if they follow on the original Pendullums, but I would like Dragon's Roar, Jungle Troopers and Dark Area to get versions too. In that case, I would put AncientGreymon in DR and AncientTroiamon in JT.

Because until this, he wasn't.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Argomon line is an interesting inclusion when you consider that one of the other Pendulums is Nature Spirits, but good to see the baby form. Would one of the unrevealed Ultras be an Argomon...? And given that Kimeramon is there, what are the chances of Milleniummon?

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw, this roster isn't quite as exciting as the other two, aside from Labramon. Did they really need to reuse Devimon and Ancient Sphinxmon so soon? Well at least Mojyamon and Ex-Tyrannomon will get updated sprites, and Flare Lizamon is finally getting some love.

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, Maybe the secret "Ultimate +" could be new Jogress obtainable by connecting different Pendulums together? (Since that's an announced gimmick already). Three new Digimon total, two in each Pendulum based on the combination

Nature Spirits: Gets a NaSp + DeSa and a NaSp + NiSo Digimon
Deep Savers: Gets the NaSp + DeSa from above and a DeSa + NiSo Digimon
Nightmare Soldiers: Gets the NaSp + NiSo and the DeSa + NiSo Digimon

As for the two missing Ultimate, recent V-Pets have added Links/ReArise/Encounters tie-ins so maybe the Nature Spirits one is HeavyLeomon and Nightmare Soldiers will get Mitamamon

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just took a look at the site's Folder Continet map and there's very obvious places for the next wave: a factory complex for ME, the cloudy mountaintop for WG and the open fields (with a "mini stonehenge" in one of them) for Virus Busters. Sadly I don't see a way to fit the remaining Fields yet. I suppose JT could co-exist with NS, but there's not an obvious place for DR. DA would obviously not be in the same map, so...

Before someone says I'm ignoring Unknow, it doesn't lend itself to a biome and it's suposed to be the mutants and weird mons who don't fit in the other fields.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hoping for Renamon but Labramon is a pleasant surprise.

I really would’ve preferred a real nightmare soldier instead of Mojyamon, weird to see Mummymon without Pharaohmon too but we already have two Egyptian Ultimates I guess.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Argomon line is an interesting inclusion when you consider that one of the other Pendulums is Nature Spirits, but good to see the baby form. Would one of the unrevealed Ultras be an Argomon...? And given that Kimeramon is there, what are the chances of Milleniummon?
Algomon has never actually been categorized as Nature Spirits before, just Jungle Troopers and Nightmare Soldiers. It seems that they're emphasizing more-so towards the darker Diablomon-esque properties of Algomon, with the whole crack in the sky and swarms of Algomons.

Unless it's a new variant or something, there's no real reason to have Milleniummon be hidden. It's an old Digimon that has been utilized many times in multiple media. Heck, they just recently revealed its card for the new TCG.