Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #13- Virus Busters (Part 2)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report website has updated with more information!

For now we are using the machine translations from the site, but will update as time allows.

The report information sticks with Virus Busters from last week, this time being an ecology report:

Report: Ecology of Manticoremon

Folder continent Digimon was found in a fortress-like structure that is considered to be an important base among the ruins in various places.

Many of Digimon have been confirmed to have high intelligence, but it is unlikely that "Manticoremon" has such a thing.

If anyone approaches the fortress, use three tails, whether they are hostile or not, and mercilessly eliminate them as if they were machines.

However, it was in front of the virus species Digimon that I learned about the true ferocity of Digimon.

It's not clear if Digimon has a way to know each other's attributes, but Manticoremon was showing a stinking gesture.

And when the other party was found to be a virus species, he screamed and jumped at it and ate it like a beast.

Together with both palms, the three mouths mess up the body of the prey like a rag, and after a drink of Digicore, it rushes back to the ruins.

It is unclear why such a dangerous Digimon exists to protect the structures of the holy Digimon, and one theory is like the familiar of the angelic Digimon. That being said, if so, it would be difficult to follow this monster unless you are a very strong person.

There was no update on the lineup.

More details, including how to pre-order, the Digimon Pendulum Z 2 can be found here.

Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #1, focusing on Nature Spirits, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #2, focusing on Deep Savers, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #3, focusing on Nightmare Soldiers can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #4, featuring an update on Nature Spirits, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #5, featuring an update on Deep Savers, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #6, featuring an update on Nightmare Soldiers can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #7, Z Report Volume 1, featuring a connection to ancient Digimon can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #8, focusing on Wind Guardians, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #9, featuring an update on Wind Guardians can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #10, focusing on Metal Empire, can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #11, featuring an update on Metal Empire can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #12? (put up early?), with the lineup for Virus Busters can be found here.
Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #12 (full version), with the lineup for Virus Busters can be found here.

Attachments

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A pity Manticoremon didn't fight any specific digimon, unlike Gogmamon/MarineChimeramon/Entmon/Rebellimon.

Interesting that the ruins of a holy digimon structure are located so close to the Nightmare Soldiers' castle.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eek hide your precious Virus partners and don't put Manticoremon near at your team party!

So... Manticoremon can detect their Attributes? Interesting maybe it might be similar to snakes?

I just realized all ecologies only focused on new Perfect levels! Well Ghosmon, too is the only one that got the ecology report for a Child level.

Tomozaurus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish the new Adventure 2020 series included these new Digimon from the Pendulums. Their designs and lore are all great.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting that the ruins of a holy digimon structure are located so close to the Nightmare Soldiers' castle.
It's probably in reference to both the castle in V-Tamer where the God of the Digital World previously lived (which Demon used as his base) and Codec Ruins from the Carddass game, both of which are roughly in that area.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems Manticoremon was somehow the evolved Gargomon with the beast side of Devidramon.

Being able to identify digimon's attributes is the best part of him. I imagine a game, an open world game, where digimon live freely and we as the player can explore many places, when our partners are virus, at certain place, we'd be attacked by Manticoremon.

Hopefully after Pendulum Z, if we don't move immediately to Jesmon and Digitama-based V-Pet, we can get other V-Pets that focus on other place like WWW Continent, Trash Hole, or even the Forest of the Gods.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not really something new that Manticoremon can differentiate Virus-attributes. Its profile already specifically mentions that Virus Digicores are its favorite food, so it's a given that it can recognize the "smell" of its favorite food.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That profile had me imagined Manticoremon on the chain leash being fed or released on the war to prey on Demon digimons. To recognize by smelling didn't come to my mind because of my personal headcanon, Manticoremon can see though the helmet or snake's heat detection.

Eh whatever but I suppose it can smell out Virus types. Pity its type is not same as all Chimeramon species. Shoot.

Yup Manticoremon seemed to be just perfect for Gargomon's Perfect form in every way. But Gargomon is probably intelligent one and can speak while that Manticoremon is mindless beast. I guess Gargomon and Devidramon can jogress into this Manticoremon for random evo isn't bad idea.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That profile had me imagined Manticoremon on the chain leash being fed or released on the war to prey on Demon digimons.
There's a big difference between being forced or limited to eat a specific type of food, and having the free-will to have a personal preference for a specific type of food.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha ha. True. I wonder if his diet is only limited down to Virus type Digicores, just one diet. I find it quite hardcore yet very concerning.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha ha. True. I wonder if his diet is only limited down to Virus type Digicores, just one diet. I find it quite hardcore yet very concerning.
Manticoremon is literally a virus buster. Lol.

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like to see an evolution animation between Gargomon and Manticoremon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just realized the most reports about those Perfect level ones have something in the common pattern for those meaner looking ones

Nature Spirits - Gogmamon - Toughness
Deep Saver - MarineChimeramon - Destruction
Wind Guardians - Entomon - Rotted and Decay
Metal Empire - Rebellimon - Cruelness
Virus Busters - Manticoremon - Hunt and Prey

Nightmare Soldier - Ghosmon - Just... Helping out injured digimon to safe spots. Isn't that cute? Well on serious note: Mysterious

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't even know Manticoremon attacked non-viruses. This thing is too much, I wouldn't like being around them even if I was a Holy Digimon.
Now what's scarier: Manticoremon fighting to the death as soon as they detect eachother or Manticoremon being social and attacking in groups? Actually, it's definitely the thought of them in packs

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've just realized something then checked DRB. If Manticoremon is really an evolved Gargomon, we can assume that the very first Manticoremon's attribute is Free. It fits!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gargomon and Manticoremon have same Virus Attributes. But oddly even having Demon Beast type and Virus attributes, I wonder if how do they react if they gets hit with Holy element attacks? Just like that Vamdemon's certain minion....

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gargomon and Manticoremon have same Virus Attributes. But oddly even having Demon Beast type and Virus attributes, I wonder if how do they react if they gets hit with Holy element attacks? Just like that Vamdemon's certain minion....
Gargomon's attribute is Free in DRB.

Manticoremon's very first attribute I mentioned above is my bad. I must confuse him and his profiles with Mimicmon. Lol.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wish DRB can update their original attributes to restore back if Xros digimon have double levels so why not....

? I don't remember Mimicmon having Free attribute. Only remembered his original attribute became Virus due to capturing Virus types.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wish DRB can update their original attributes to restore back if Xros digimon have double levels so why not....

? I don't remember Mimicmon having Free attribute. Only remembered his original attribute became Virus due to capturing Virus types.
There's nothing wrong with Free-attributes. They co-exist within the same system as the traditional attributes. The Hyper Colosseum TCG didn't have Free as an attribute, so Free Digimon were reassigned traditional attributes; but in the general franchise (and more importantly, 02), Free exists alongside the other attributes.

Completely different situation from Xros Wars, where they didn't even use the level system, much less co-exist within the same level system.