Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #12?- Virus Busters

cool potato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they should’ve made ancient garurumon and Greymon exclusives to the Wolfmon and Agnimon paths. It would’ve freed up two slots here for Shoutmon DX and an angel.
Most definitely. That's what I was hoping to see.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me, it's boring line and more with the ultimates.

They just put the rest of the Ancient Digimon, the great dragons and holy beasts missing. Plus the ultimates from the 2 complete lines, Shine Greymon and Dukemon.
they should’ve made ancient garurumon and Greymon exclusives to the Wolfmon and Agnimon paths. It would’ve freed up two slots here for Shoutmon DX and an angel.
Would it really solve it? Ancient Garurumon and Greymon are fine in the normal slots specially since all the other Ancient Digimon are being treated as “normal” Digimon. That said after the Frontier era Ancient Digimon’s have been treated more as “normal” Powerful Digimon. Spirits are born from them, being a special type. Meanwhile Shoutmon DX fits better as an upgrade or slide evolution to OmegaShoutmon and only one new angel feels like a halfassed addition. That roster would of been a complete disappointment for me. I have to disagree.

Now I would of removed Duramon and Raijudomon though. They feel out of place.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They just put the rest of the Ancient Digimon, the great dragons and holy beasts missing. Plus the ultimates from the 2 complete lines, Shine Greymon and Dukemon.
Would it really solve it? Ancient Garurumon and Greymon are fine in the normal slots specially since all the other Ancient Digimon are being treated as “normal” Digimon. That said after the Frontier era Ancient Digimon’s have been treated more as “normal” Powerful Digimon. Spirits are born from them, being a special type. Meanwhile Shoutmon DX fits better as an upgrade or slide evolution to OmegaShoutmon and only one new angel feels like a halfassed addition. That roster would of been a complete disappointment for me. I have to disagree.

Shoutmon DX is a mega. It's his evolved form. Not a slide or minor upgrade.

cool potato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

To me it's not about giving AncientGreymon/Garurumon "special" or "normal" slots. It feels redundant to have an Agunimon and Lobomon line and then to also have AncientGreymon/Garurumon seperate from said line.

They could've added a branching evolution for Aldamon and Beowolfmon where they could either evolve into their ancient forms or EmperorGreymon/MachGarurumon.

This would've allowed for more variety. I personally always want to see as much variety/as many mons as possible on a single device.

Kamotz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh. I'm kinda disappointed but whatcha gonna do. We already knew they were using the entirety of the 10 Ancients, the 4 Dragons, and the 4 Sovereign. So that meant we had 4 Mega slots already spoken for. That didn't leave them a lot of room to do anything new with. My biggest disappointment here is the Shoutmon line - I find it just...really unpleasant to look at. But I also found the Xros Wars designs pretty uninspiring and off-putting.

Comparatively, I don't actually mind the Legend Arms inclusions. I think that's a neat way of referencing the group's heroic bent without forcing the entire thing. ShineGreymon makes a decent enough inclusion for an entire line, and with the rest of the Savers cast (minus Rosemon) making appearances in other Fields I was anticipating that.

So that leaves Gallantmon -- and while I'm fine with the Mega specifically (and we were getting a Royal Knight regardless, we all know that), I think Guilmon/Growlmon/WarGrowlmon just stand out a bit too much as Demon Dragons (or however they're categorized). I get it from the view of "these are heroic digimon" but in terms of variety there's more out there. Would've liked to see a little more lean into the "holy" and "heroic" aspects of the Virus Busters. Heroic knights/warriors or Holy beasts/things would have made it feel more rounded out.

So yeah. Ditch Shoutmon Rookie->Ultimate and Guilmon Rookie->Ultimate and fill that in with a bit more variety and that would've impressed me more. But as it stands...🤷‍♂️ . This and Metal Empire are my least favorite overall, Metal Empire feels too disjointed and this feels too cookie-cutter.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm. Interesting. It seems the deliberately avoided adding many angels to VB, just like the only beast in NSp was the Gaomon line. Seems like a good excuse to have a Pendulum ZIII themed after the Pendulum Progress fields. Or maybe I'm overthinking it. I do miss my angels. It would be cool to have a V-Pet where we can raise all 7 of the Holy Digimon. At least I get my Angemon line and SlashAngemon by connecting this with DS.

Sweet I’m glad to see I still got the touch. I called it since day one all the Sovereigns, Four Dragons, and Ancient Digimon would be in the Pendulum Z!

Now all that is left is the hard part. I really hope we do get a Fusion for the Four Holy Beast and an Ancient Digimon Fusion. That would be dope. They both deserve more love and buffs. Although an unexpected Digimon wouldn’t be a bad thing either.

Really excited for the Pendulum Z and I can’t wait till both sets arrive. Funny thing is we haven’t gotten an Pen Z Artbook yet...

Could a Pendulum Z III be in the works or could we get Anniversary versions of the PenProg and later a PenProg Z? After that could we see a new artbook? Leaves me wondering what could they be planing.

Also please when will the dream become a reality and Bandai will release the D-1 Digivice? So many questions however hopefully they’ll all be responded in due time.
Um.. there was no need to "call" this, Bandai flat out confirmed it in the very first batch of info.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, at least we get new Digimon. An ancient animal and a Manticore. ...Have we seen Mimicmon before?

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be super hilarious if the two hidden Ultimates turned out to be exactly like my prediction: Susanoomon and Omegamon MM.

Aside from three new digimon, this roster looks boring to me. I don't hate the dragons, I love them. But this time Shoutmon alone is good enough to be there because it's time for him to shine.

Hmm. Interesting. It seems the deliberately avoided adding many angels to VB, just like the only beast in NSp was the Gaomon line. Seems like a good excuse to have a Pendulum ZIII themed after the Pendulum Progress fields. Or maybe I'm overthinking it. I do miss my angels. It would be cool to have a V-Pet where we can raise all 7 of the Holy Digimon. At least I get my Angemon line and SlashAngemon by connecting this with DS.
Could a Pendulum Z III be in the works or could we get Anniversary versions of the PenProg and later a PenProg Z? After that could we see a new artbook? Leaves me wondering what could they be planing.
Let's hope they release a .5-like version of each roster so we can get many angelic digimon in Pendulum Z II.5 VB.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be super hilarious if the two hidden Ultimates turned out to be exactly like my prediction: Susanoomon and Omegamon MM.
It wouldn't make much sense to put them on every evolution chart if they're the same for all versions. They didn't put the Agumon/Agnimon/Gabumon/Wolfmon lines on them.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It wouldn't make much sense to put them on every evolution chart if they're the same for all versions. They didn't put the Agumon/Agnimon/Gabumon/Wolfmon lines on them.
I know, that's right. I came with that prediction after seeing unlockable lines by connecting all devices. And the two digimon I mentioned never made a 16x16 V-Pet debut.

I myself don't want it to be true. I hope two hidden Ultimates are new digimon. But if it turns out to be like the prediction above, I won't be shocked and surprised.

Half of the devices can have KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon. They can have Agumon Kizuna and Gabumon Kizuna as well. My prediction was that Omegamon MM will be available by jogressing Agumon and Gabumon Kizuna.

Well, let's hope that prediction goes wrong. Lol.

Edit: Susanoomon was in Pendulum 20th.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Susanoomon being available in every pet makes sense because you could get him from the combination of KGreymon and MGarurumon or any two Ancients. There’s at least one Ancient in every pet so it would show up on all pets.

On the other hand I don’t see Omegamon Mm being made from any random two Digimon.

I think the question marks are Susanoomon and either a new Digimon or Huanglongmon. I could see them fudging a Huanglongmon so you get it from any two Holybeasts or any two Great Dragons. But that would still leave out deep Savers so I doubt it’s that.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegamon MM being available from jogressing Agumon Kizuna and Gabumon Kizuna isn't a random thing.

Huanglongmon sure is the best choice too.

Wait... What if combining two Great Dragons we'll get Mitamamon?

But still, Deep Savers..

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It won't be Omegamon MM if that's something that's to be achieved with an Agumon and Gabumon Jogress. That's not something that'd be on the main roster, it'd be unlockable just like the Agumon and Gabumon lines.

Susanoomon is at least possible since the Ancients are everywhere. MM doesn't have anything of the sort to evolve from on the main rosters, unless they do go with "random" choices as mentioned earlier.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Disappointed by their choices on Shoutmon forms, this line was the only thing that could have sold one of these Z devices to me. Still, this is the end of the line, maybe we'll get a different type of device now.

It's really hard for me to justify buying another pendulum when I have an awesome hacked anniversary device.

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I agree with most people on the shoutmon forms. While they're not to my taste I respect that Xros fans will like X3 and X5 featuring here but X5 is more like a form change/minor upgrade surely? Like they're the same digimon except X5 is kitted out with other digimon as weapons (but technically not legend arms. strange that they advertised the legend arms on that gimmick when it already exists). I would have much preferred X7 if it had to be the fusion forms, otherwise I would have gone with omnishoutmon to shoutmon DX (that would also give Raijiludo and Duramon a decent evolution). Omnishoutmon to goddramon would have worked better too and give at least one decent mega for shoutmon's line.

At the end of the day I've already pre-ordered it and I do enjoy a lot of the mon here, just think it's lacking a sense of cohesion outside of the anime lines, even for pendulum devices.

It's cool how monmon memo 55 suggests that mimicmon is somewhat based on the digimon vpet, makes me crave a custom mimicmon DM20 xD

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I agree with most people on the shoutmon forms. While they're not to my taste I respect that Xros fans will like X3 and X5 featuring here but X5 is more like a form change/minor upgrade surely? Like they're the same digimon except X5 is kitted out with other digimon as weapons (but technically not legend arms. strange that they advertised the legend arms on that gimmick when it already exists). I would have much preferred X7 if it had to be the fusion forms, otherwise I would have gone with omnishoutmon to shoutmon DX (that would also give Raijiludo and Duramon a decent evolution). Omnishoutmon to goddramon would have worked better too and give at least one decent mega for shoutmon's line.

At the end of the day I've already pre-ordered it and I do enjoy a lot of the mon here, just think it's lacking a sense of cohesion outside of the anime lines, even for pendulum devices.

It's cool how monmon memo 55 suggests that mimicmon is somewhat based on the digimon vpet, makes me crave a custom mimicmon DM20 xD
Is Goddramon part of Shoutmon's line? I watched all of Xros wars, but don't remember that, just Omni Shoutmon at the end. I'd love an actual Xros pet featuring these guys, but that's outside the scope of what this device is I suppose. Oh well. I'm happy it made you happy though, it certainly seems like fun.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon’s never evolved to Goddramon so far, unless it’s possible in this pet.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The change from X3 to X5 is a bit more comprehensive because the entire helmet is changed. That seems to be what symbolizes a new "tier" of Shoutmon Xros. X3/X4/X4B has a specific helmet. X5/X5B has its own new helmet. X7 has a further new helmet.

The thing to note about the Pendulum Z is that it is implicitly a supplement to the original Pendulum, not a replacement. The original rosters still co-exist in the Folder Continent ecosystem alongside the new rosters, as shown by the Field Report artworks.
There is a greater sense of cohesion when you combine both the old and new, as is implied. In the very MonMon Memo that you mentioned, they even described that the most cohesive evolutions for Junkmon are Tankmon and Deputymon, both from the original Metal Empire.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to wager a guess that one of the Mega? slots is some kind of AncientOmegamon/AncientSusanoomon and it's gonna come from a fusion of any two warriors.