Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #12?- Virus Busters

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I though Kamemon’s line was pure Vaccine for some reason.

Now I’m honestly even more annoyed they didn’t make Sangomon Virus and have Swimmon/Kamemon/Sangomon as the base lineup. Throw that Gizamon bum on the street.

Last edited:

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A disappointing note to end on imo after the vibrant lineups of the other groups.

I was expecting more holy digimon in there but they went full dragon fest.

HeavyLeomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This isn’t Virus Busters, this is Dragons Roar. : (
Literally😅 5 of the 6 ultimates are fking dragons wth were they thinking when made this roster? Its so weird lol.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As dragon-heavy as the roster is, it's at least cool to see Darcmon and Godramon in there.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda feel bad for all the people that didn’t see a roster like this coming. I was fully mentally prepared for this given how the original VB pet is basically the Taichi-Yamato-Hikari-Takeru device with a few other things tossed in.

Jscarlos18

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was unexpected, but nice to have the roster this week, instead of having to wait 2 weeks like I thought we would.
Sad that they went with the predictable route and add protagonist Digimon, but the Shoutmon line is new in the V-Pets(I think) so congratulation to Shoutmon fans. It also explains more why they decided to add levels to Xros Wars Digimon now.
The 10 Warriors and the last of the Four Dragons aren't really a surprise knowing the line-ups of the rest of the Pendulum Z.
Nice to see D'arcmon, Duramon and RaijiLudomon in here for at least some variety.
Reading the profile of Mimicmon makes it one of my favorites from the Virus Busters, I like Manticoremon design, to Baluchismon I'm indiferent but nice to have it so SkullBalichusmon has its more direct Champion form.
I wonder if we'll have reports for Virus Busters or if they'll only add the Z Report vol. 2.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
don't bully me but.... I really like this one lol. Getting to raise a Gallantmon or Shine Greymon through their canon lines are nice, the new Digimon are rad, the Shoutmons, Goddramon, and Darcmon I like, and the other three Megas are cool. The only thing I don't like are Duramon and RaijiLudomon, they should not be here. I might the only person here who would get exclusively this one

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda feel bad for all the people that didn’t see a roster like this coming. I was fully mentally prepared for this given how the original VB pet is basically the Taichi-Yamato-Hikari-Takeru device with a few other things tossed in.
This is much worse than that one since at least back then Taichi was the only one out of those four with a dragon partner. Vb 1 was actually really nicely divided between dragons (Agumon, Greymon, MetalGreymon, WarGreymon) beasts (Gabumon, Garurumon, Were Garurumon, Metal Garurumon, Leomon) and angels (Protomon, Tailmon, Angemon, Angewomon).

In this train wreck there’s only six non dragons and out of all six Ultimates only ONE isn’t a dragon. This is atrocious.

Jscarlos18

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
don't bully me but.... I really like this one lol. Getting to raise a Gallantmon or Shine Greymon through their canon lines are nice, the new Digimon are rad, the Shoutmons, Goddramon, and Darcmon I like, and the other three Megas are cool. The only thing I don't like are Duramon and RaijiLudomon, they should not be here. I might the only person here who would get exclusively this one
Don't worry, the good thing from this is that Pokemon, Digimon and others like them are about having something for everyone. If you like this one then awesome. My favorite from all for now is probably Metal Empire.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People who are surprised by this roster haven’t been paying attention. Once again, this isn’t Alpha Evolve. The original Virus Busters was pretty much just anime partners and a few random things thrown in. The angels were only there because they were anime partners. Also, remember that in the lore the only designated Virus Busters are the decidedly non-angelic Revolmon and Igamon.

HeavyLeomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
??? The problem isnt that there are many anime choices, the problem is that all of them are Dragon Roar, put kudamon or renamon instead of agumon or guilmon and It would look much more balanced.
If you predicted that all of that anime choices would be dragons we can call you Sherlock 😂.

Well more of one didnt get why people disliked the roster.. maybe paying more attention on what people is complaying about.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t know. If I had given any thought to it, I probably could have made the deduction. There are many more anime series to choose from now than there were at the time of the original Pendulum. They had to cover more ground, and we all know that it’s the main characters of the various anime that get all the attention. They weren’t worried about it looking like Dragon’s Roar because there was no Dragon’s Roar Field outside of Alpha Evolve and the Pendulum Progress (which wasn’t equated with the Fields when it came out).

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
??? The problem isnt that there are many anime choices, the problem is that all of them are Dragon Roar, put kudamon or renamon instead of agumon or guilmon and It would look much more balanced.
Even just doing a Xros Wars focused pet to make up for the fact that there never was one and to celebrate the adding of levels to the franchise would’ve made everything less monotonous. I guess you’d still have to cram AncientGreymon, Ancient Garurumon, Goddramon, and Qinlongmon onto the end of things to complete this stupid obsession with groups but having Dorulumon/Jager Dorulumon, Ballistamon/AtlurBallistamon, Sparrowmon/RaptorSparrowmon etc would make this gang feel more fleshed out and less dragony.

I sill can’t believe they so completely focused on “The Four Great Dragons”, the group that nobody cares about and that was succeeded in importance by other groups.

Last edited:

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sweet I’m glad to see I still got the touch. I called it since day one all the Sovereigns, Four Dragons, and Ancient Digimon would be in the Pendulum Z!

Now all that is left is the hard part. I really hope we do get a Fusion for the Four Holy Beast and an Ancient Digimon Fusion. That would be dope. They both deserve more love and buffs. Although an unexpected Digimon wouldn’t be a bad thing either.

Really excited for the Pendulum Z and I can’t wait till both sets arrive. Funny thing is we haven’t gotten an Pen Z Artbook yet...

Could a Pendulum Z III be in the works or could we get Anniversary versions of the PenProg and later a PenProg Z? After that could we see a new artbook? Leaves me wondering what could they be planing.

Also please when will the dream become a reality and Bandai will release the D-1 Digivice? So many questions however hopefully they’ll all be responded in due time.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t know. If I had given any thought to it, I probably could have made the deduction. There are many more anime series to choose from now than there were at the time of the original Pendulum. They had to cover more ground, and we all know that it’s the main characters of the various anime that get all the attention. They weren’t worried about it looking like Dragon’s Roar because there was no Dragon’s Roar Field outside of Alpha Evolve and the Pendulum Progress (which wasn’t equated with the Fields when it came out).
Took the words out of my mouth!

cool potato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like many others I'm disappointed.

I get that it "follows the original Vi B lead" of having anime protagonists. But geez, how boring.

Poyomon - Tokomon as babies? Yuck. (W/e about unlockable Patamon. They've could've come up with more original babies like the other Devices in the series).

No new child Digimon? (Yeah, yeah, yeah.. the original Vi B didn't have a new child).

imo paying homage to the original Vi B isn't a good excuse for this device to be so boring. By far the weakest offering in the Pen Z lineup.

I'll enjoy raising the Guilmon line as I started watching Tamers again. Was planning on doing that on my Pen 20 but I guess I'll hold off for the cut ins.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t understand how come people didn’t see it coming though? It’s the virus buster roster. At least we got three new digimon and one of them looks like a great Azulongmon pre evo. Yeah it’s mostly holy dragons but probably the other option would be holy knights lol.

Who knows maybe we will see a wave 3 with Jungle Troopers, Dark Area, and a New Angel group. Seriously I’m still salty there isn’t a Seraphimon X...

cool potato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t understand how come people didn’t see it coming though? It’s the virus buster roster.
Pretty sure almost everyone saw it coming.

That doesn't mean they can't still be disappointed with the outcome.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me, it's boring line and more with the ultimates.

They just put the rest of the Ancient Digimon, the great dragons and holy beasts missing. Plus the ultimates from the 2 complete lines, Shine Greymon and Dukemon.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me, it's boring line and more with the ultimates.

They just put the rest of the Ancient Digimon, the great dragons and holy beasts missing. Plus the ultimates from the 2 complete lines, Shine Greymon and Dukemon.
they should’ve made ancient garurumon and Greymon exclusives to the Wolfmon and Agnimon paths. It would’ve freed up two slots here for Shoutmon DX and an angel.