Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #12?- Virus Busters

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is more Dragon's Roar than Virus Buster.
I don't know what to react about this but I'm sure I'm disappointed.

Not even a single holy type Child in the roster...

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess it does make sense since SkullBaluchimon and MetalPiranimon suddenly have previous forms without extra names to share their same attributes in similar way to Anicent Warriors and the ones without "Ancient" have same attributes.

About Mimicmon's true attribute. I have a bad feeling about this. Isn't it the same thing as Cyclomon's true appearance whose will never be mentioned ever? Damn. But I bet it's Vaccine since that profile said its purpose is catching Virus types to contain as a security software program to protect the computers. However I have one question. Is it mimic cage box that is really digimon? Or It captured Virus type "corpses" and merged in The Thing style? Or the yellow eye and two arms (includes the cage box) is the true form of "Mimic"mon and other parts sticking out of the cage are just... On display?

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This roster is HORRID. I really hope this is a prank or something they are doing.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it mimic cage box that is really digimon? Or It captured Virus type "corpses" and merged in The Thing style? Or the yellow eye and two arms (includes the cage box) is the true form of "Mimic"mon and other parts sticking out of the cage are just... On display?
Considering that it named after and based on a monster whose defining characteristic is that it disguises itself as an inanimate object, most commonly a chest, it's safe to assume that the cage itself is the actual Mimicmon though it likely did absorb the Digimon sealed inside its body Thing-style hence why all the arms, horns, etc that come out of the cage are stated to be derived from other Digimon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess it does make sense since SkullBaluchimon and MetalPiranimon suddenly have previous forms without extra names to share their same attributes in similar way to Anicent Warriors and the ones without "Ancient" have same attributes.

About Mimicmon's true attribute. I have a bad feeling about this. Isn't it the same thing as Cyclomon's true appearance whose will never be mentioned ever? Damn. But I bet it's Vaccine since that profile said its purpose is catching Virus types to contain as a security software program to protect the computers. However I have one question. Is it mimic cage box that is really digimon? Or It captured Virus type "corpses" and merged in The Thing style? Or the yellow eye and two arms (includes the cage box) is the true form of "Mimic"mon and other parts sticking out of the cage are just... On display?
based on the profile, the little bits sticking out are parts of trapped or dead digimon. so that horn is rebellimons I think

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This roster is HORRID. I really hope this is a prank or something they are doing.
Overall half of these were pretty bad. Wind Guardians was fantastic, Metal Empire was pretty good, Nightmare Soldiers was pretty good.

Deep Savers was good for all of the new Digimon but most of the old ones aren't very exciting and it didn't even have Vikemon.

Nature Spirits was weird given the obsessive focus on rock and ground Digimon with the beasts and insects feeling kind of out of place.

This Dragon's Roar pet is just terrible, though. Especially since they whiffed on Shoutmon's evolutions so bad. Didn't even squeeze in DX, x7, or any of his many Ultimate forms in as an Ultimate Digimon.

If they wanted to do Greymon for Virus Busters, it should've been the Gaosmon/Greymon (Blue Flare)/Metal Greymon (Blue Flare)/Zeke Greymon line, too. Would've felt a lot more fresh than Guilmon in his third pendulum.

The series as a whole also really missed out on Renamon and/or Kamemon, who really deserved slots SOMEWHERE. Renamon especially. Renamon is the only main protagonist partner Digimon who has never been raisable in a virtual pet ANYWHERE. Not even just limited to 16x16. The closest she got was Renamon X and Sakuyamon X slipping into the Digital Monster X1.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Overall half of these were pretty bad. Wind Guardians was fantastic, Metal Empire was pretty good, Nightmare Soldiers was pretty good.

Deep Savers was good for all of the new Digimon but most of the old ones aren't very exciting and it didn't even have Vikemon.

Nature Spirits was weird given the obsessive focus on rock and ground Digimon with the beasts and insects feeling kind of out of place.

This Dragon's Roar pet is just terrible, though. Especially since they whiffed on Shoutmon's evolutions so bad. Didn't even squeeze in DX, x7, or any of his many Ultimate forms in as an Ultimate Digimon.

If they wanted to do Greymon for Virus Busters, it should've been the Gaosmon/Greymon (Blue Flare)/Metal Greymon (Blue Flare)/Zeke Greymon line, too. Would've felt a lot more fresh than Guilmon in his third pendulum.

The series as a whole also really missed out on Renamon and/or Kamemon, who really deserved slots SOMEWHERE. Renamon especially. Renamon is the only main protagonist partner Digimon who has never been raisable in a virtual pet ANYWHERE. Not even just limited to 16x16. The closest she got was Renamon X and Sakuyamon X slipping into the Digital Monster X1.
Well she has the Tamers Digivice's if you wanna count those. Theyre slightly different, but its like Story games vs World games. Also I just realised... where is Mitamamon?

anyway, this here's when they originally had OG Agumon for half an hour

Image Thumbnail

MechaMadness

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah uhh, this roster is a bit of a bust for me unfortunately. While Protagonist Digimon in Virus Busters isn't a new concept, kinda feels like they went overboard here. Savers Agumon, Guilmon and the three Shoutmons, and arguably AncientGreymon/AncientGarurumon really makes this feel more like an "Anime" V-Pet then anything else to me. I at least like Mimicmon and Manticoremon, and it's neat to see the Perfect-level Legend Arms, though they do feel a bit out of place without the rest of their line, and I doubt we'll be seeing RagnaLordmon here since I'm certain Susanoomon will be one of the Ultimate+'s and I'm leaning towards ShineGreymon BM as the other here tbh.

Overall, I liked the majority of the Pendulum Z Rosters, but this is easily my least favorite of the six and is kind of an underwhelming note to end on for me personally.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa didn't expect some people suddenly hate this.

Just realized Lalamon didn't make it here? Agumon Savers, Gaomon, and Falcomon Savers well Lilamon made it here oddly.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa didn't expect some people suddenly hate this.

Just realized Lalamon didn't make it here? Agumon Savers, Gaomon, and Falcomon Savers well Lilamon made it here oddly.
That's why Plants and Bugs being stuck with Birds sucks. if there was a JT Vpet she'd be in for sure. Lilamon is simply there as the sole representation for that reason I guess. "You can have one part of Lalamon."

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's why Plants and Bugs being stuck with Birds sucks. if there was a JT Vpet she'd be in for sure. Lilamon is simply there as the sole representation for that reason I guess. "You can have one part of Lalamon."
...but bugs aren't stuck with birds. They're in Nature Spirits with the mineral Digimon. All Jungle Troopers does is replaces the birds with the bugs in terms of who the plants share with.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think what really screwed with these pets was adherence to the attribute triangle.

Also I just realised... where is Mitamamon?
Not a dragon so into the garbage she goes.

Edit:

I know this is unlikely, but if they wanted to do a .5 update:

* Nature Spirits: Swap out Morphomon, Hudiemon, Jewelbeemon, Holydramon for Liollmon, Liamon, Grappleomon, and Bantyo Leomon.

* Deep Savers: Swap out Swimmon, Yukidarumon, Mermaimon, and MarineAngemon for Kamemon,Gwappamon, ShaWujinmon, and JumboGamemon.

* Nightmare Soldiers: Swap out Ghosmon, FlareLizamon, NeoDevimon, and Deathmon for Renamon, Kyubimon, Taomon, and Sakuyamon.

* Wind Guardians: Swap out Falcomon (ninja), Pomumon, Cockatrimon, Ravmon, and Ornismon with Falcomon (Nature), Lalamon, Sunflowmon, Valdurmon, and Lotusmon.

* Metal Empire: Swap out Junkmon, Minotaurmon, Metal Tyranomon, and Gundramon with Commandramon, Sealsdramon, Tankdramon, and Darkdramon.

* Virus Busters: Swap out Agumon (Savers), GeoGreymon, RizeGreymon, and ShineGreymon with Kudamon, Reppamon, Qilinmon, and Mitamamon or Sleipmon.

Bonus Digimon: Chaosmon variations everywhere

Last edited:

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I have to agree with the consensus here. I like Shoutmon, Guilmon and some of the Saver Greymons, but they don't all need to be here and it makes the set much less interesting when compared to the others.

I think what really screwed with these pets was adherence to the attribute triangle.

Also I just realised... where is Mitamamon?
Not a dragon so into the garbage she goes.

Edit:

I know this is unlikely, but if they wanted to do a .5 update:

* Nature Spirits: Swap out Morphomon, Hudiemon, Jewelbeemon, Holydramon for Liollmon, Liamon, Grappleomon, and Bantyo Leomon.

* Deep Savers: Swap out Swimmon, Yukidarumon, Mermaimon, and MarineAngemon for Kamemon,Gwappamon, ShaWujinmon, and JumboGamemon.

* Nightmare Soldiers: Swap out Ghosmon, FlareLizamon, NeoDevimon, and Deathmon for Renamon, Kyubimon, Taomon, and Sakuyamon.

* Wind Guardians: Swap out Falcomon (ninja), Pomumon, Cockatrimon, Ravmon, and Ornismon with Falcomon (Nature), Lalamon, Sunflowmon, Valdurmon, and Lotusmon.

* Metal Empire: Swap out Junkmon, Minotaurmon, Metal Tyranomon, and Gundramon with Commandramon, Sealsdramon, Tankdramon, and Darkdramon.

* Virus Busters: Swap out Agumon (Savers), GeoGreymon, RizeGreymon, and ShineGreymon with Kudamon, Reppamon, Qilinmon, and Mitamamon or Sleipmon.

I feel replacing most of those Digimon with common faces like the Bancholeomon line, the Kamemon line, and the Renamon line makes these sets less varied and interesting if I'm to be honest. The only one I really agree with would be Falcomon (Nature) and maybe the Kudamon line (with Mitamamon) over the Agumon (Savers) line.

Also, why did you cut Pomumon and Junkmon? Those are new Digimon made specifically for these V-Pets.

Last edited:

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still can't believe this happens. They chose the lineup to be like this.

Mitamamon didn't make to Pendulum Z saddened me, but gave us hope. That there would be a new V-Pet not long after this. And the possibility for the rest of ReArise's protagonists to have a new alternate Ultimates as well.

DigiDestiny

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is exciting and unexpected. I love that they included Shoutmon. I really enjoyed Xros Wars and I'm super excited to be able to raise the little dude. (As a side note, I have a sneaking suspicion that the primary reason they made Shoutmon a data type was to keep the Vaccine-Data-Virus trio here. In fact, I think even most of the new designs have their attribute chosen based solely on what slots are available on the roster.)

Super happy to see GeoGreymon's full line be raiseable on a modern device, even if it was kind of a predictable choice.

Raijiludomon and Duramon by themselves was kind of an odd decision, but I kind of like the aesthetic of Baluchimon > Raijiludomon > AncientGarurumon.

I noticed Guilmon's sprite in the training shot on the ZII announcement so I had a feeling his line would show up here, and honestly I thought I would be more upset by it. That being said, it wouldn't have bothered me if he wasn't here.

I think probably the biggest surprise is... where's Kudamon? He seemed like the perfect candidate for a Virus Busters device, and with HeavyLeomon in Metal Empire it seemed like Mitamamon would be here. Maybe next time little guy....

Other than that, I can't say there are any real surprises here but I think we all sort of knew what to expect from a device like this. I gotta say I do sort of like the roster overall, even if it is a bit "vanilla".

I guess all that's left is to wait for them to reveal all the hidden spots. A lot of people are saying that the super ultimates will be brand new Digimon, but I'm a bit doubtful. I've heard theories about the Olympos XII being the twelve super ultimates, and while I sort of hope this isn't the case I think this theory really has some merit to it, especially with the Zs trying to include a variety of Digimon "groups". I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm excited to see what they have in store.

Edit: now that I'm thinking about it, with MirageGaogamon, Ravemon, AND Shinegreymon all here, I could really see their burst modes being one of the super ultimates on their devices, which I guess would make the prediction above invalid

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(As a side note, I have a sneaking suspicion that the primary reason they made Shoutmon a data type was to keep the Vaccine-Data-Virus trio here.)
Yep I defo agree with this. It seemed a bit random, but now it makes complete sense. Also they should've gone with X5B just cuz the Beelzemon legs make that one more interesting, and is a nice carry over from ASR.

And lol whilst we're all disappointed, this would probably be the most popular V-Pet of the six - since anime protags.

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

if agumon can be replaced by kudamon it will be 1000 times better than the current roster. it's not that i hate agumon, but there are already two line of main protag digimon there...

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel replacing most of those Digimon with common faces like the Bancholeomon line, the Kamemon line, and the Renamon line makes these sets less varied and interesting if I'm to be honest. The only one I really agree with would be Falcomon (Nature) and maybe the Kudamon line (with Mitamamon) over the Agumon (Savers) line.

Also, why did you cut Pomumon and Junkmon? Those are new Digimon made specifically for these V-Pets.
Yeah, and Floramon was made specifically for Wind Guardians 4 and then replaced with old face Palmon in Wind Guardians 4.5. I made the choices I did to adhere to the silly attribute triangle while porting as many Digimon over from the ic/Accelerator era.

Speaking of which: goal of this pet seemed at first to introduce new Digimon but then so few were introduced that it's clear there was another goal. The actual purpose was to facillitate the (was it Watanabe's?) "dream" mentioned in the Monmon memo of trying to make sure every single Digimon eventually gets a 16x16 sprite. While (hopefully) trying to make a profit for Bandai, too. If it was that important, though, I wish they'd just go through and do it for every Digimon in the reference book and worry how to monetize the spirtework later.

A secondary goal of these pets seems to have been to cram in the most groups as possible:
* All Four Great Dragons are in even though it makes Holydramon a repeat Ultimate.
* All 10 Legendary Warriors.
* All 4 Holy Beasts (though they forgot Huanglongmon)

Thankfully they passed on the Royal Knights and Demon Lords since they were just the focus of the DMX series.

The only major groups left out were:

* The Big Death Stars - odd since there's six of them that easily correspond to each field: Gravimon for Nature Spirits, Splashmon/Olegmon for Deep Savers, NeoVamdemon for Nightmare Soldiers, Zamielmon for Wind Guardians, Olegmon/Splashmon for Metal Empire and Dorbickmon for Virus Busters.
* Three Great Angels - In Pendulum 20th already.
* Team Bantyo
* Olympus XII - You could have easily split these into the six virtual pets by putting two from each group in each pet. It even divides fairly neatly: Apollomon and Mercurymon for Nature Spirits, Dianamon and Neptunemon for Deep Savers, Junomon and Minervamon for Nightmare Soldiers, Vulcanusmon and Marsmon for Metal Empire, Jupitermon and Venusmon for Virus Busters.

Hopefully the Olympos get their own vpet series soon or are part of a larger series based around real-world mythologies (with Norse/Egyptian/Japanese pantheons too).

(As a side note, I have a sneaking suspicion that the primary reason they made Shoutmon a data type was to keep the Vaccine-Data-Virus trio here.)
Yep I defo agree with this. It seemed a bit random, but now it makes complete sense.
I mean, if you jogress together three Digimon with different attributes the Vaccine an Virus will cancel each other out and leave the Data attribute, anyway. So since these are Shoutmon's evolutions, it makes sense to make Shoutmon himself data, too.

I thought Dorulumon would be Vaccine and Ballistamon would be the Virus-one.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I made the choices I did to adhere to the silly attribute triangle while porting as many Digimon over from the ic/Accelerator era.
They're not exactly one-to-one.

Hudiemon (Free) for Liamon (Vaccine)
Swimmon (Vaccine) for Kamemon (Data)
Yukidarumon (Vaccine) for Gawappamon (Data)
Mermaimon (Data) for Shawujinmon (Virus)
MarineAngemon (Vaccine) for JumboGamemon (Data)
Ornismon (Virus) for Lotusmon (Data) - Though to be fair, this would change it from 2 Virus and 1 Data to 2 Data and 1 Virus so it's lopsided either way.