Peggy O'Neal- Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone else who is gonna answer questions.

Peggy O'Neal

I'll be sending batches of questions thru email to Peggy every so often when there's enough of them.

You'd know Peggy from....

Digimon The Movie- the singing Botamon
Digimon (02/Season 2)- June/Jun
Digimon (Tamers/Season 3)- Suzie
Digimon (Frontier/Season 4)- Ranamon
Eureka 7- Maeter and Diane
Ghost in the Shell: SAC- one of the Tachikomas and young Motoko Kusanagi
Tenchi Muyo OVA3 - 'cant say who cause thatd really be a spoiler'

among other stuff, but I think that's a good list.

Ask away

Elrade

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Howdy, Ranamon, you good ol' gal from Dixie! Sowwy, Peggy, I couldn't wesist imitating some of youw voices. Personally, I think you did a gweat job on both Suzie and Ranamon. "Pwincess Pwetty Pants." XD Anyway, out of all your characters, which one awe- I mean, are you most like? Are you more of a wannabe beauty queen like Ranamon, or a hilarious little kid like Suzie?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sent those awile ago and got these answers back.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi Vande

Thanks for asking!
I loved playing Yakumo in Shinzo for so many reasons.

She was my first lead character and I was incredibly lucky to have stumbled into the right place at the right time.

Her genuine sweetness is almost too good to be true. Her determination to respond to the incredibly violent world around her in a loving and generous way reflects how I wish I could exist in the world.

Of course, when you have someone like Mushrambo around to defend you, I suppose it's easier to remain a pacifist! For a show promoting "non-violence" it had it's share of battles.
As the show progressed, she became more mature- but never let go of that core of goodness, never let anger or hatred determine her actions.

She proved that being gentle and compassionate is not the same as being weak. In fact, she turned out to be the most powerful of them all.

Take Care!
Peggy O'Neal
**************************************************************************************************************
Heeeeyyyyy Elwade!

First of all, thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it.
I must confess that there's a lil piece o' me in all off 'em!

I am, indeed, from the South and do so love a good flirt. I'm not quite as touchy and, yes, frankly, witchy- (except maybe once a year) as Ranamon. But boy, that once a year, you'd betah look out!

As for other Digi characters, one never forgets how awkward being a teenage girl can be, so boy-crazy June was a blast. I was a bit of a bookworm in high school, so that's where serious, shy Tally comes from.

In my wildest romantic dreams I'm Homina in Wolf's Rain- except maybe for the green hair.

Yakumo in Shinzo always resonated for me. I had an incredible compliment from an acquaintance once...she said that I always seemed to make sure that I would first do no harm. Perhaps that's why Yakumo just seemed to appear in the audition and never left through the run of the show.

Vocally, Diane in Eureka 7 is closest to my real voice. And, now that I think about it, perhaps closest to my own personality. A little quiet and serious, with some early losses in life that make you grow up faster than you should have to. Uh, oh. I hope that doesn't mean I'll meld with a scub corral anytime soon.

And finally, Wittle Miss Suzie! Well, don't we all still have a little kid inside us?
The art work inspired the wackiness while I actually borrowed the voice from one of my former students. I teach children's theater classes and am constantly cracking up just listening to them. There was an actual little four year old who almost made me cry with her cuteness every week just by saying her name....Sawah.
Translation for non-Suzie fans: Sarah.

Hope that answers your question. And thanks for following the shows.

Take Care,
Peggy O'Neal

Elrade

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, Peggy, I didn't know you voiced Yakumo? Yeah, she is a good character. So peaceful. I wish everyone could be like that. Also, which voice actor in Tamers did you like working with most?

Littlechris

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello Peggy, I loved your work in tamers. My question is, How did you get into voice acting, and why?